Post Thanks / Like

Documentary that changed my life

I honestly didn't know about how horrible the food industry is. This is amazing documentary that is also available in Netflix.

2. Likes Bache Tehroon, TeamMeli, Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my feedback it was an EXCELLENT documentary but when you are in the USA, sometimes there is no way around it. However, here is a way to have a good diet, I will be topical and not talk about myself. 1-When you shop:shop in the perimeters, not the ailes. Do not eat foods more than five ingredients and only eat food in the earth. Hae an omnivorous diet: good mis of: meat, fruits, veggies etc. Do not ever put ANYTHING processed in your body or eat anything frozen. If you like to workout stay away from supplements. I hope this NPR article helps you it was a VERY good documentary. This will help minimilize your risks and also limit red meat intake to 2-3 times a week max. I will say this much for MMA, even when not in training like now it is important to eat good substitutes. My people told me in the Iranian Army, during Shah's time, they would feed you addas. With lentil, you can make lentil soup, salad very good source of protein. I would stay away from beans because that makes you toot. Just my take it was a LONG DOC but totally worth it and thank you. Tell me what you think about the NPR documentary, it is a good radio station and they write excellent articles.

Here is a good article by NPR below:http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=113314725
    Last edited by TeamMeli; 01-06-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just have to tell you that i have changed my diet based on this documentary and after just 1 month, I find many things that I used to like too sweet. The other day, I had a MacDonald Vanilla Cone which I used to love and I found it too sweet such that I couldn't eat it. My taste buds have changed completely. Now I look at the label for everything, not being crazy but extra careful. Used to have Juice and I thought I am healthy, didn't know that it is all sugar. And I am educated person and this shows how ignorant the society is and how these companies have distorted the view of food for humans. Shame !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran-Esteghlal-Inter View Post
    I just have to tell you that i have changed my diet based on this documentary and after just 1 month, I find many things that I used to like too sweet. The other day, I had a MacDonald Vanilla Cone which I used to love and I found it too sweet such that I couldn't eat it. My taste buds have changed completely. Now I look at the label for everything, not being crazy but extra careful. Used to have Juice and I thought I am healthy, didn't know that it is all sugar. And I am educated person and this shows how ignorant the society is and how these companies have distorted the view of food for humans. Shame !!
    Last year i had a really high Cholesterol and triglyceride(i didn't have any weight issue though) that i had to go on a heavy diet for 4-5 months, since that, my whole desire for sweets things, carbs, etc changed, i am actually eating whole grain bread and rice most of the time since, the only thing is hard to resist is steak, Kabab and red meat lol

6. Likes TeamMeli, Iran-Esteghlal-Inter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^That is good Babr jan and I used to eat a ton of sweats and rice as well, which is why I was pushing 220. Now that I completely changed my diet, I am down to 170 of course exercise is 20% and your nutrition is 80%. Here is what I found works for me but everyone's body is different. I can rapidly gain muscle and lose weight however, I an also gain it back that easily. This article explains the difference between Endomorphs, mesomorphs and ectomorphs. For example, even at 170 lbs I still have to wear XL shirts because of broad sholders, I am NOT making this about myself, just sharing what I studied.
    This diet works for me but again everyone's body is different
    1-Avoid somple carbs: This is where your white rice, flower etc comes from instead have wheat bread and brown rice.
    2-Plenty of fruits and veggies. Fruits are an excellent source of natural sugar and here is an Arab trick I picked up. If you want to have a killer workout and move a mountain, eat a few DATES. It will give you natural energy.
    3-SLEEP: Your body needs rest get at least eight hours of sleep: early to bed, early to rise, my day starts at 4AM, at the gym by 5:00 and usually in bed by 9-10PM.
    4-Keep a nutrition and workout log to jot everything down this is tedius and meticulous but one is able to track their progress.

I hope these tips help in your guy's quest to keep your weight under control and live a healthy lifestyle.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=113314725

8. Likes Iran-Esteghlal-Inter liked this post