Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys not living in Toronto are missing out on probably the most insane Iranian burgers in the world served by Chef Burger on Yonge street.

Now THAT's a burger! You won't find anything like it even in Iran.

2. Likes Real Madrid, Fatso, Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    You guys not living in Toronto are missing out on probably the most insane Iranian burgers in the world served by Chef Burger on Yonge street.

thanks, will try it in July

Post Thanks / Like

now persian burger(pb) is a different animal.when i was a student at cal i used
    to go to bongoburger and have their pb.it's not round and served on a long bread
    like they do sandwiches in iran.that place has been at cal since the late 70s and
    still going strong.a real berkeley institution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    If we want to talk about consistently good burgers at almost every location and taste, nothing beats In-N-Out. And btw. I'm talking about burgers and not fries. Size is relative, the size is the correct burger size. Burgers were established as a nutritious staple of the American diet at a time before vast consumerism in the 60ies and 80ies.

So In-N-Out wins for me.

LA people got a choice of Umami, Apple Pan and Father's Office as well. All really good burgers. And of course Fatburger.

I think Shake Shack is super overrated and Whataburger is alright but..aeehm.

Five Guys is only good in Maryland. Everywhere else I had it, it was ok-terrible.

Btw. the best burgers are/were sold around Taksim in Istanbul for 3 Lira.
    I used to go there all the time. They just have one restaurant on Pico as far as I know. You left out Tommy's original chili burger. That is an institution.

6. Likes Mahdi, OSTAD POOYA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy View Post
    now persian burger(pb) is a different animal.when i was a student at cal i used
    to go to bongoburger and have their pb.it's not round and served on a long bread
    like they do sandwiches in iran.that place has been at cal since the late 70s and
    still going strong.a real berkeley institution.

is that a burger or Kaba Koubideh ? There is no Onion in burger as we use in kebab . big difference

Post Thanks / Like
    it's a persian burger so it's not to be confused with the usual burger
    you get served.it looks and tastes different than a typical burger.
    both are made up of ground meat(keep your fingers crossed) but the
    bongo one is lamb and the onion is mixed in with the meat before
    grilling.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anywhere else in the GTA that does good Iranian style sandwiches?

I once asked the staff at Khorak to make a koobideh sandwich, and they looked at me like I was crazy.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    If we want to talk about consistently good burgers at almost every location and taste, nothing beats In-N-Out. And btw. I'm talking about burgers and not fries. Size is relative, the size is the correct burger size. Burgers were established as a nutritious staple of the American diet at a time before vast consumerism in the 60ies and 80ies.

So In-N-Out wins for me.

LA people got a choice of Umami, Apple Pan and Father's Office as well. All really good burgers. And of course Fatburger.

I think Shake Shack is super overrated and Whataburger is alright but..aeehm.

Five Guys is only good in Maryland. Everywhere else I had it, it was ok-terrible.

Btw. the best burgers are/were sold around Taksim in Istanbul for 3 Lira.
    best sandwich I had was some random spot near Naser Khosro in Tehran. Got wildly ill but the taste was damn good!
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

11. Likes Payandeh Iran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Likes Babr, TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    Is there anywhere else in the GTA that does good Iranian style sandwiches?

I once asked the staff at Khorak to make a koobideh sandwich, and they looked at me like I was crazy.
    Same place Chef Burger has killer "Sosis", "Maghz", "Zaboon", "Sosis Bandari", "Olvieh" and a few other things too. I always get their "Maghz o Zaboon" and it's a delight. You'd be hard pressed to find something in that quality in Iran itself. Most food in Iran has become junk because of expensive ingredients.

Koobideh Sandwich I believe is best at Shater-Abbas restaurant. They have killer Koobidehs. If you prefer a quick hassle-free experience, you could try their "Express" location at Leslie and Sheppard. I always get koobideh from them and they haven't disappointed yet.

Now I'm very hungry!

15. Likes Babr, Payandeh Iran, Fatso liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto is the best regarding food, a friend of mine from Toronto was here for a visit last week and he exactly said the same thing, too many options for really cheap price, i once was in Taftaan( which despite serving Kabab is more on fast food style) few years ago and the quality of food(wasn't amazing though) was much better than many restaurants here in Bay or elsewhere. That is just one example, i am sure there are tons in Toronto.

17. Likes Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Toronto is the best regarding food, a friend of mine from Toronto was here for a visit last week and he exactly said the same thing, too many options for really cheap price, i once was in Taftaan( which despite serving Kabab is more on fast food style) few years ago and the quality of food(wasn't amazing though) was much better than many restaurants here in Bay or elsewhere.
    Well California has its share of great Persian restaurants, but when it comes to variety and availability Toronto wins hands down (and will continue to do so for years to come). This holds true not just about Iranian food, but all ethnic food from around the globe. This city has one thing going for it and it's food quality. Simply great.

The thing is, you don't always want to go to a nice restaurant and be seated by a server. Sometimes you just want to eat and get on with life. Toronto's options and prices are unmatched.

New York City is the only other place that comes to mind, but compared to Toronto, it's a lot more difficult to access your favorite eatery on-demand.

19. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well California has its share of great Persian restaurants, but when it comes to variety and availability Toronto wins hands down (and will continue to do so for years to come). This holds true not just about Iranian food, but all ethnic food from around the globe. This city has one thing going for it and it's food quality. Simply great.

The thing is, you don't always want to go to a nice restaurant and be seated by a server. Sometimes you just want to eat and get on with life. Toronto's options and prices are unmatched.
    South yes not North, being a big time Kabab lover and as i love cooking(Iranian and western foods) and i make myself almost every Iranian food(Kabab, Khoresht, etc), i almost tried every Iranian restaurants in North Cal and wasn't really impressed by any. Probably Meykadeh in SF, but really expensive for the quality of the food.

Plus in Toronto most of options are around North York so by driving only few minutes you have too many options while is not like this here and even in South Cal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always used to go to Shomal Restaurant for Kabab torsh but boy oh boy last time it was a total crap and I was so disappointed and paid almost $90 for two + Mokhalafat and drinks. they definitely lost a customer . I heard the owner of the place has now opened Tandis Super market

22. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shekamooha ro bebin. Bad az kabab va doogh mian dar mored siasat ham harf mizanand!

24. Likes Real Madrid, Babr, Bache Tehroon, Fatso liked this post