Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Their apple pie & coffee is actually not bad.
    McDonald has some of the best coffee. Also, try Dunkin Donut and 7/11 coffee.

2. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn you guys, I am on diet right now and when I see these yummy foods, I want to break the monitor. Everyone of you in ISP are responsible for this !!! and it one day before CL final where for sure I am going to break something LOL

4. Likes Babr, Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    McDonald has some of the best coffee. Also, try Dunkin Donut and 7/11 coffee.
    No more Dunkin left in Canada, Maybe just a few here and there . Tim Horton's put them OOB long time ago

Post Thanks / Like
    McDo coffee if it is fresh is actually very good, but the issue is most of the time isn't as it is not a coffee shop.

7. Likes Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    McDo coffee if it is fresh is actually very good, but the issue is most of the time isn't as it is not a coffee shop.
    Most of their stores always have fresh coffee as they sell more coffee than anybody else except maybe Starbucks. Unless you go in at 7 PM or later you will always get fresh coffee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Most of their stores always have fresh coffee as they sell more coffee than anybody else except maybe Starbucks. Unless you go in at 7 PM or later you will always get fresh coffee.
    I guess is also depend to which branch you go, the busier ones have more coffee rotations for sure.

Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    McDo in Austria has this thing where you can create your own burger. Have to say that it's by far the best you can get in terms of everywhere franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta say a big thank you to McDonald's for saving my ass on quite a few occasions. Some of their locations in the middle of nowhere are true life savers. Specially in mountainous and also desert states. When you're on a side road in the mountains of West Virginia or driving the deserts of New Mexico, the sense of familiarity at McDonald's can can be quite joyful. It also has free WiFi which is a godsend in remote areas where mobile data is sketchy. They may be an evil corp, but they sure serve a purpose.

13. Likes Mahdi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    McDo in Austria has this thing where you can create your own burger. Have to say that it's by far the best you can get in terms of everywhere franchise.

Same here , I guess they are now everywhere .

We also got Harvey's here . They will garnish your burger right before your eyes, something like Subways and their Angus Burgers are pretty good ..

15. Likes Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Gotta say a big thank you to McDonald's for saving my ass on quite a few occasions. Some of their locations in the middle of nowhere are true life savers. Specially in mountainous and also desert states. When you're on a side road in the mountains of West Virginia or driving the deserts of New Mexico, the sense of familiarity at McDonald's can can be quite joyful. It also has free WiFi which is a godsend in remote areas where mobile data is sketchy. They may be an evil corp, but they sure serve a purpose.

McDonald's serves an underrated role. They are often in many villages the only place where people can meet and hang out together. There is this guy on twitter called chris arnade who has been travelling through the US talking to people and he said that McDonald's in many towns is the only place where people can actually hang out and have their club gatherings, as they have clean bathrooms, serve coffee, the wifi works everywhere etc.

17. Likes Zob Ahan, Fatso, Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Service centers locations in US are not as good and frequent as Canada. In Canada after driving only few miles you have a full service center of everything most of the time, Food, Tim Horton, etc. In most roads in US you need to drive hours to find a crappy service center. Day and night regarding to this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Service centers locations in US are not as good and frequent as Canada. In Canada after driving only few miles you have a full service center of everything most of the time, Food, Tim Horton, etc. In most roads in US you need to drive hours to find a crappy service center. Day and night regarding to this issue.
    You must be kidding man! Having driven 47 of the 48 lower states and some of Canada, I have to say it's exactly the opposite.

You just cannot be serious about this! The availability of service centers (in terms of food, resting place and facilities) is truly remarkable in the US. I found very few black spots (mostly in Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada) and even then, there was always something within 50 miles. Most of the time, you're only a few miles away from a fully stocked and highly equipped Truck-Stop that serves every purpose imaginable.

You have probably driven along the 401 in Canada and call it "good". Have you tried a real road trip in Canada? It's not even comparable.

20. Likes Zob Ahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    You must be kidding man! Having driven 47 of the 48 lower states and some of Canada, I have to say it's exactly the opposite.

You just cannot be serious about this! The availability of service centers (in terms of food, resting place and facilities) is truly remarkable in the US. I found very few black spots (mostly in Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada) and even then, there was always something within 50 miles. Most of the time, you're only a few miles away from a fully stocked and highly equipped Truck-Stop that serves every purpose imaginable.

You have probably driven along the 401 in Canada and call it "good". Have you tried a real road trip in Canada? It's not even comparable.
    In Arizona and Nevada the availibility of service centers were way more than in 50 miles distance however In few of east coast states(and even up to Illinois) the situation was much better but nothing comparable to what i experienced in Canada and yes mainly 401. I didn't do a really long road trip in Canada though, it was mainly in Quebec and Ontario.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post

I assume the quality of Burger should be much better than North America?!

Post Thanks / Like
    In Arizona and Nevada the availibility of service centers were way more than in 50 miles distance however In few of east coast states the situation was much better but nothing comparable to what i expereinced in Canada and yes mainly 401. I didn't do a really long road trip in Canada though, it was mainly in Quebec and Ontario.
    That's just the thing. Western Quebec and South-East Ontario are highly populated regions of Canada that only comprise a small percentage of the entire country's size. There are vast areas in Canada that don't even have paved roads! You're pretty much shit out of luck in most of Canada. That's bad news for someone like me who is into extended road trips. It will get better though, not in our life time. Canada's population is still below 35 million.

The US interstate network, cellular network and the availability of basic mobility needs (fuel, food, shelter, sanitation) is absolutely marvelous when the sheer size of the country is considered. I'm amazed by it quite often. The country is barely 200 years old (in its entirety).

Americans like to whine about their crumbling infrastructure (and they're right to an extent), but the fact that such an infrastructure even exists in this magnitude is quite a feat itself.