Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ISP Editorial: Saman Ghoddos to play for Sweden or Iran?

Thanks to Naveed e aziz.

This is the subject that deserves to have more attention on it and as Naveed lives in Sweden i asked him to write this piece and he nicely accepted it, hope IFF invite this guy before is too late, that is the only position TM suffer honestly(well IMO beside goalkeeping but that is another discussion).

http://iransportspress.com/isp-edito...weden-or-iran/

Author: Naveed M

IranSportsPress.com- Saman Ghoddos, who had a good season with Ostersund in Allsvenskan League and won the Swedish Cup with his club last season, earned the call up by Swedish National Team this year. The 23 years old attacking midfielder/Forward has already played and scored for Sweden in friendly matches and is on the brink of switching national teams to Iran.

Sweden in a short amount of time lost several big prospects to other national teams and there will be lots of pressure on Ghoddos to stay with Sweden and wait for his big shot.

Iran already booked their tickets to Russia 2018 as the second nation behind Brazil with two matches to play, Sweden also is looking good in World Cup qualifiers, leading the group A with 13 points ahead of giants such as France and Netherlands. Will Ghoddos wait for a spot in the final roster of either teams or will he get a surprising call up for Iran’s last two qualification matches?

As we talk Carlos Queiroz has 9 of 11 spots in Iran’s starting lineup set in stone. Ghoddos can play in one of the two positions that will be up in the air until the very last minute. Just like three years ago no one, not even Queiroz assistant coaches knew and still don’t know who will play the supporting striker role. Ghoddos is dynamic, technical and powerful in his attacking game and he likes to play on the counter. Sweden, Iran and Ghoddos is awaiting an exciting finish to 2017 and perhaps an even more exciting summer of 2018.

2. Likes Payandeh Iran, Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since they have an annual protest in his name in Iran I think he will pick Iran.

4. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Since they have an annual protest in his name in Iran I think he will pick Iran.
    LOLL! His name is not Ghods dude, it is Ghoddos.

6. Likes Zob Ahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    LOLL! His name is not Ghods dude, it is Ghoddos.
    Even better. He has an extra DO

8. Likes Zob Ahan, Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen him play several times. Very technical, intelligent player . The question is if TM wants him ? I think he's better off playing for Sweden . 23 years and as soon as he moves to a better league, ( Dutch league most likely this summer) he'll get the call for Swedish NT . Remember Ashorebeik ,after choosing TM missed the chance of playing for Canada . The same destiny could happen to Saman .

Post Thanks / Like
    Great strategic move Mahbod jan! and thanks a lot to Naveed for the article! I just wish there was a sentence there where it said something like: "as he has expressed in different media he wants to play in TM". because that's the key!

Well done anyways! Hopefully Dan will see the article and once again gets reminded of this dude.

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both like Munir did

Post Thanks / Like
    i don't get it.
    since everyone is having multiple orgasms about IR teams being the best in asia and getting to world cup quarter finals for sure and other cock and bull story, what would they even want a guy who looks like a very average player, playing in a completely obscure league, ...

do 'FUTURE WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS' even need nobody s like him ?
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

Post Thanks / Like

@keyvan
    The Swedish league is one of the worst In Europe.
    Every tenth year a Swedish team qualifies to Euro league or Cl and there they hardly get a draw in six matches.
    In order to develop Saman should take any offer from Dutch league which is filled with Swedish players who mostly play there until retirement. In the last 20 years maybe at most five ,six players moved to better league than Dutch . Zlatan and H . Larsson are the only ones who succeeded after move from Holland .
    Last edited by Nadersan; 25-06-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadersan View Post
    I've seen him play several times. Very technical, intelligent player . The question is if TM wants him ? I think he's better off playing for Sweden . 23 years and as soon as he moves to a better league, ( Dutch league most likely this summer) he'll get the call for Swedish NT . Remember Ashorebeik ,after choosing TM missed the chance of playing for Canada . The same destiny could happen to Saman .
    Who is Ashorebeik dude? You mean Beitashour i guess.

15. Likes Nadersan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Great strategic move Mahbod jan! and thanks a lot to Naveed for the article! I just wish there was a sentence there where it said something like: "as he has expressed in different media he wants to play in TM". because that's the key!

Well done anyways! Hopefully Dan will see the article and once again gets reminded of this dude.
    Yes, that is something we could have mentioned as well but if i am not wrong IFF already contacted him.

17. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadersan View Post
    @keyvan
    The Swedish league is one of the worst I Europe.
    Every tenth year a Swedish team qualifies to Euro league or Cl and there they hardly get a draw in six matches.
    In order to develop Saman should take any offer from Dutch league which is filled with Swedish players who mostly play there until retirement. In the last 20 years maybe at most five ,six players moved to better league than Dutch . Zlatan and H . Larsson are the only ones who succeeded after move from Holland .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The league level is probably very average at best, but almost whole Swedish National Team A squad transferred to the better leagues from the same league, so it is a good start, the kid is still 23 and won't be surprised to see him in much better league soon with the way he is progressing, he is no game-changer but i think he can be the best fit for behind striker role, at least we can call him up and try him there, we lose nothing though, if he refuses that is another story.

19. Likes Sly, Nadersan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Reza Shekari?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahram View Post
    What about Reza Shekari?
    I highly doubt if Shekari make it to the World Cup squad, he is only 18, his situation is kind of similar to Azmoun in 2014, Azmoun was invited few times to the camp though while Shekari didn't get the call for senior team yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    I highly doubt if Shekari make it to the World Cup squad, he is only 18, his situation is kind of similar to Azmoun in 2014, Azmoun was invited few times to the camp though while Shekari didn't get the call for senior team yet.

Shekari will be 20 years old before the World Cup starts. Azmoun had just reached the same age when he started for TM in the Asian Cup. Ezzatollahi started for TM When he was 18.

I think it all depends on Shekari's performance in the next season. If he is given some playing time and if he does well, he will be in the World Cup team, but how likely is that?