Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Nice. But this guy is hung up on "cheshmhaye rowshan". In oghdeh iraniha man ra koshteh. That is why it is very important to invest in the companies that permanently change your eye color. They are going to do a killing in Iran. It will be the nose jobs of the 1990s all over again.
    It's funny. That's also what got my attention. He was doing well but then he has his own Cinderella issue with "cheshmhaye rowshan."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Nice. But this guy is hung up on "cheshmhaye rowshan". In oghdeh iraniha man ra koshteh. That is why it is very important to invest in the companies that permanently change your eye color. They are going to do a killing in Iran. It will be the nose jobs of the 1990s all over again.
    Well said.
    Its a huge oghde for some in Iran.
    Its the same crowd that think its an honor for their son or daughter to marry a non-Iranian (especially white).
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

3. Likes Zob Ahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    Well said.
    Its a huge oghde for some in Iran.
    Its the same crowd that think its an honor for their son or daughter to marry a non-Iranian (especially white).

چند سال پیش که رفته بودم ایران یه شب در منزل یکی از اقوام فهمیدم که دخترشون ویزای مهاجرت به کانادا رو گرفته و برای گرفتن ویزا برای نامزدش چند تا سوال از من داشت. وسط صحبت با این دخترخانوم بودم که مادرش خیلی خندان و شیرین گفت "آقا سروش ترو خدا به این دختر من بگین چقدر کانادایی ها مردان خوبی ان. بهتره بره اونجا با یه کانادایی ازدواج کنه". من همینجوری مات و مبهوت مونده بودم چی بگم

پرسیدم "مگه نامزدتون اون آقا نیست که اونروز باهاش اومده بودین رستوران؟". مادرش پرید وسط حرف گفت "بله همونه. پسر خوبیه ولی دخترم عاشق فرهنگ کانادایی هاست. خب چرا باهاشون ازدواج نکنه؟

دختره هم عین گوسفند نشسته بود هیچی نمیگفت. منم که ... بگذریم

یعنی من تو کف مونده بودم اون پسره ی بدبخت که مثلا نامزد این بود داشت چه بلایی به سر خودش و آینده ش میاورد. خیلی دلم براش سوخت . اصلا هم خبر ندارم بالاخره چی شد. خدا رحمتش کنه

5. Likes Zob Ahan, Fatso, Behrooz_C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^Her mother must have said that as a joke, or?!!

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post

Unlikely. This kind of donkey thought is not uncommon in Iran. I've heard the same from Iranians in and out of Iran.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    No joke at all. It's more common than you think. It's the same as any westerner you find uninformed about Iran. Some people are really fucking stupid and ignorant.

I'm sure you find such ignorance all over the world, but because of our vantage point having lived abroad, it makes it that much more painful for us.

I mean, what the fuck are people doing with their lives letting day after day pass without gaining an ounce of general knowledge about the fucking world they're living in? How many more times are they willing to discuss the price of onions and tomatoes before developing enough curiosity about the country their own daughter is migrating to?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    No joke at all. It's more common than you think. It's the same as any westerner you find uninformed about Iran. Some people are really fucking stupid and ignorant.

I'm sure you find such ignorance all over the world, but because of our vantage point having lived abroad, it makes it that much more painful for us.

I mean, what the fuck are people doing with their lives letting day after day pass without gaining an ounce of general knowledge about the fucking world they're living in? How many more times are they willing to discuss the price of onions and tomatoes before developing enough curiosity about the country their own daughter is migrating to?!
    What do you expect from a country that their major papers have been discussing "ترور بیولوژیکی" مریم میرزاخانی

10. Likes Bache Tehroon, Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post

I do remember some 12-15 years ago, I was talking to a friend of my brother in Iran and he was telling me how he's still indecisive about getting married with an Iranian girl or go to Europe and marry a European one. He was asking me for advice and wanted me to tell him whether the culture of the western girls would match him or not! lol As if, if he went to Europe, the girls would stand in line for him to pick one.

But then again....what do you really expect from a country that has been closed to the world for so long. It's only around a decade people have been having internet and only a few years with a half a$$ speed.
    Last edited by Sly; 19-07-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

12. Likes Zob Ahan, Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your advice to him was not to marry, right?

14. Likes Bache Tehroon, Zob Ahan, Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Payandeh Iran View Post
    Your advice to him was not to marry, right?
    LOL...I just tried to be as honest as possible but at the same time respectful. Tried to explain the differences. Couldn't stop from laughing for myself though.

His main argument for marrying a western girl was that he had heard the western girls didn't have any demands and also he could skip the "mehriyeh"! lol

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

16. Likes Payandeh Iran liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123