Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Strange to hear someone die of breast cancer so quickly. Not a good day for science.
    Was it breast cancer?!

It can be lethal if it's an aggressive variation and not have received treatment for, early.

Ps. Also she didn't die that quickly. The news came out late. Apparently she was battling against cancer for years.

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    A beautiful mind

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2527.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	39579

3. Likes Kian Pars, Zob Ahan, Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	39580

5. Likes Babr, Sly, Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    R.i.p.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    RIP. I never get emotional for famous people dying and I have only seen a couple of pictures of her so I don't know why I teared. Maybe it was the look in her eye. She had this sadness and humility in her eyes.
    Great post.

Rouhesh shaad vaghean, donye tokhmie dar kol..

8. Likes Zob Ahan, Payandeh Iran, Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strange to hear someone die of breast cancer so quickly. Not a good day for science.
    I know someone who was dealing 15 years with breast cancer, and finally she passed away. lamasab vel kon adam nist in dard vaghti miofte be jon adam.

I wonder how they can find a solution for it? I mean they kind of control AIDS, no one these days in some half decent countries dying from AIDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how they can find a solution for it?
    I have very little knowledge about this, and I have always wondered why cancer is such a mystery to science and there's pretty much only one answer: "There is no generic answer to cancer".

Apparently cancerous cells have a mind of their own and behave differently in different people. This makes the idea of finding a "cure" for cancer pretty much futile.

The priority of cancer should be much higher than stupid issues like Climate Change or Alternative Energies or Gay marriage or legalization of marijuana.

If there can't be a cure, why not mass produce a scanning device that people can buy to monitor their body for cancerous behavior? What do doctors do that enables them to determine cancer in a patient? Give the same equipment and knowledge to the general public. That's a better "cure" or prevention tactic than anything else.

11. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    and behave differently in different people.
    That's absolutely true! That is why, individual treatment strategies (rather than global) are becoming more and more present in discussion topics among doctors.

Anyways, there are colonoscopies and/or endoscopies, etc. which patient can go through in routine check ups. But in that case doctors need to be present for detection and determination. Other than that, doctors can not determine cancer prognosis themselves unless the patient shows a symptom (in which case the patient will seek a doctor anyways and most probably the tumor is already in its advanced stages) or they find it by pure accident (looking for something else and find a tumor). So it's very difficult to have a home device as you describe.
    Last edited by Sly; 17-07-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

13. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    That's absolutely true! That is why, individual treatment strategies (rather than global) are becoming more and more present in discussion topics among doctors.

Anyways, there are colonoscopies and/or endoscopies, etc. which patient can go through in routine check ups. But in that case doctors need to be present for detection and determination. Other than that, doctors can not determine cancer prognosis themselves unless the patient shows a symptom (in which case the patient will seek a doctor anyways and most probably the tumor is already in its advanced stages) or they find it by pure accident (looking for something else and find a tumor). So it's very difficult to have a home device as you describe.
    I'm not sure how advanced the ray technology has become to prevent exposure risks, but a digital map of the body should be fairly easy to generate using an MRI-like machine. All it needs is a software that compares this month's image with last month's image and spits a warning if it detects changes. This is very easily achievable. The problem is the bureaucracy around the technology and how certain companies with interest have made the costs of such machines skyrocket.

15. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess part of it is about business, and money(Chemotherapy, Pharmaceutical companies, etc).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    I guess part of it is about business, and money(Chemotherapy, Pharmaceutical companies, etc).
    I'm not sure how advanced the ray technology has become to prevent exposure risks, but a digital map of the body should be fairly easy to generate using an MRI-like machine. All it needs is a software that compares this month's image with last month's image and spits a warning if it detects changes. This is very easily achievable. The problem is the bureaucracy around the technology and how certain companies with interest have made the costs of such machines skyrocket.
    Of course! The software would be the easy part! The biggest problem is the cost of such an MRI-device which would not be to the profit of the companies or their "medical company friends".

I had a friend working for a medical company and I know with first hand information that the health of people/patients is the last thing in their list.

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

18. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's true that it's all about the profit, but if the time comes that they make more profit by making and selling those (hypothetical) MRI screening machines, they will do it.
    Look at what happens with the electric cars. In mid 90's GM killed their own EV1, but now they start making Bolt and Volt.

20. Likes Bache Tehroon, Babr, Payandeh Iran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kian Pars View Post
    It's true that it's all about the profit, but if the time comes that they make more profit by making and selling those (hypothetical) MRI screening machines, they will do it.
    Look at what happens with the electric cars. In mid 90's GM killed their own EV1, but now they start making Bolt and Volt.
    I always wonder why such a thing is not a bigger money maker than the current clusterfuck of a sham they call "Cancer Research".

They can get in bed with their government buddies and make this a mandatory thing like vaccines and sell them to every single human being. It's a no brainer and people would gladly buy it to avoid death. They would even buy it for their dogs and cats.

Hell there are body scanners at some high-security facilities that produce just the right image for this!

Post Thanks / Like
    اگر روزی دختری میداشتم به هیچ وجه نمیگذاشتم کسی برای او از سیندرلا بگوید. دختر ضعیفی که در رویا و خیال، با گم شدنِ کفشش و به اتکاء جنس مرد، به خوشبختی برسد.

برای او از مریمی میگفتم با چشمانی روشن، از تبار پارس...

از مریمی میگفتم که مشتق مرتبه چهارم زندگی را ندید و رفت. ولی آکادمی علوم آمریکا را از انحصار مردان خارج کرد و رفت.

بدون جا گذاشتن کفشش و فقط با همت بلند
    خودش.

اگر من جای اصغر فرهادی میبودم، به جای سپردن اسکار در دست نماینده سرمایه داری مدرن (انوشه انصاری که با کمک سرمایه، فضای کران دار را تجربه کرد)، اسکارم را به مریمی میسپردم با چشمانی روشن از تبار پارس؛***که ذهنش فضای بی کران بود.

اگر من جای مردم سرزمینم بودم، نام تمام دخترانم را مریم میگذاشتم تا ننگی شود و شرمی بپاشد بر سر تمام سردمداران ۲۰۰ سال گذشته ایران.

به یاد مریمی با چشمان روشن که قبل از آنکه دختر کسی، همسر*** کسی*** یا مادر کسی باشد؛ قبل از آنکه به او لقب دختر فلانی یا همسر فلانی بدهند، خودش؛ "مریم میرزا خانی" بود.

او سد شکن بود.

وحید جاویدان
    ۲۴ تیر ۱۳۹۶

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

23. Likes Payandeh Iran, oghabealborz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    اگر روزی دختری میداشتم به هیچ وجه نمیگذاشتم کسی برای او از سیندرلا بگوید. دختر ضعیفی که در رویا و خیال، با گم شدنِ کفشش و به اتکاء جنس مرد، به خوشبختی برسد.

برای او از مریمی میگفتم با چشمانی روشن، از تبار پارس...

از مریمی میگفتم که مشتق مرتبه چهارم زندگی را ندید و رفت. ولی آکادمی علوم آمریکا را از انحصار مردان خارج کرد و رفت.

بدون جا گذاشتن کفشش و فقط با همت بلند
    خودش.

اگر من جای اصغر فرهادی میبودم، به جای سپردن اسکار در دست نماینده سرمایه داری مدرن (انوشه انصاری که با کمک سرمایه، فضای کران دار را تجربه کرد)، اسکارم را به مریمی میسپردم با چشمانی روشن از تبار پارس؛***که ذهنش فضای بی کران بود.

اگر من جای مردم سرزمینم بودم، نام تمام دخترانم را مریم میگذاشتم تا ننگی شود و شرمی بپاشد بر سر تمام سردمداران ۲۰۰ سال گذشته ایران.

به یاد مریمی با چشمان روشن که قبل از آنکه دختر کسی، همسر*** کسی*** یا مادر کسی باشد؛ قبل از آنکه به او لقب دختر فلانی یا همسر فلانی بدهند، خودش؛ "مریم میرزا خانی" بود.

او سد شکن بود.

وحید جاویدان
    ۲۴ تیر ۱۳۹۶
    Nice. But this guy is hung up on "cheshmhaye rowshan". In oghdeh iraniha man ra koshteh. That is why it is very important to invest in the companies that permanently change your eye color. They are going to do a killing in Iran. It will be the nose jobs of the 1990s all over again.

25. Likes Bache Tehroon liked this post