Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65

Thread: good old days

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    Here you are dude ...Googoosh singing live in English ....it is a rehearsal in cabaret Miami in Tehran and aparantly she don't know cameras are rolling .

    https://youtu.be/_KAQT0pwmo4
    Duh that is right she can sing in English and very nice dude. I had a chance to see her in LA but I think I had some final exams so I could not go but my dad and other family members went. She sung her old Persian songs in those concerts.

    General Parsaian I can only respond to you if you can give me a brief translation of what you wrote, appreciate it. Nice old school picture it looks like it was taken in like the late 60s early 70s.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by General Parsaian View Post
    تیم ملی جان
    گوگوش چند تا اهنگ به زبان فرانسوی ایطالیایی و انگلیسی خواند که معروف ترین انها
    I belive in love
    و اصلا با چند تا شکرت اهنگ سازی در اروپا قارداد بسته بود و قرار بود انجا برای ی ک یا دوسال برنامه اجرا کنه
    که بعد با محمود قربانی شوهرش اختلاف پیدا کرد و به ایران امد
    و فیلم همسفر رو بازی کرد بعد هم طلاق گرفت و با بهروز ازدواج کرد و بعد انقلاب شد
    I watched Ghorbani's interview in recent years ,he is still very bitter about the whole dilemma .

    In the 80s I was watching England v Georgia live from Tbilisi or Teflis as we say it and at half time they were playing Googoosh song "man amadeam " ,she is quite a well known celeb in the whole region .

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by General Parsaian View Post
    درمورد مرجان نه ایشون خیلی لوند بود شاید شما فقط وقتی میخونده ایشون رو دیدی و عکس ها فیلم های ایشون را مشاهده نکردید

    Ajab! You learn new things everyday! I didn't know she's played in movies too. Any good ones?

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    14,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    I watched Ghorbani's interview in recent years ,he is still very bitter about the whole dilemma .

    In the 80s I was watching England v Georgia live from Tbilisi or Teflis as we say it and at half time they were playing Googoosh song "man amadeam " ,she is quite a well known celeb in the whole region .
    بله حتی در کشورهای عربی مانند کویت و تونس و امارات
    اهنگ من امده ام و گوگوش خیلی مشهور است
    چند ماه پیش هم گوگوش امده بود گویت و خیلی ازش استقبال شده هم مقامات رسمی و هم طرفدارانش
    و یکی از اعضای پالمان که زن هم هست خیلی ازش تعریف میکرد
    اینهم یک هنرپیشه کویتیه که تقلید گوگوش میکنه

  5. Likes Sly, oghabealborz liked this post
  6. #50
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    14,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    این هم یک برنامه طنزه تو تلویزیون کویت که باز گوگوش حاضره

  7. #51
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    14,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMeli View Post
    Duh that is right she can sing in English and very nice dude. I had a chance to see her in LA but I think I had some final exams so I could not go but my dad and other family members went. She sung her old Persian songs in those concerts.

    General Parsaian I can only respond to you if you can give me a brief translation of what you wrote, appreciate it. Nice old school picture it looks like it was taken in like the late 60s early 70s.
    Dear TM
    Googoosh song in english italian and french
    she and her husband mahomud ghorbany Signed contracts with Italian musical companies
    They went to Europe for two years contracts (england , france, italy ,,)
    but after seravl months she and her husband disagreed for some Issues
    she returned back to iran
    most famous song for her was I believe in love

  8. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
  9. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    the iranian cultural influence in west asia and beyond is one of the main
    reasons iran has checkmated the semitic-axis-of-evil in isreal & saudi so
    far.they simply can not compete with the superior iranian culture.here is
    a good example,this remake of the aforementioned G song has more than
    50m views by the mainly non-iranians on youtube.


  10. Likes oghabealborz liked this post
  11. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Ajab! You learn new things everyday! I didn't know she's played in movies too. Any good ones?
    She was an actress before becoming a singer ,she usually played semi naked in sex abgooshti films ...not a bad voice though ...

  12. Likes Sly, Bache Tehroon liked this post
  13. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by General Parsaian View Post
    بله حتی در کشورهای عربی مانند کویت و تونس و امارات
    اهنگ من امده ام و گوگوش خیلی مشهور است
    چند ماه پیش هم گوگوش امده بود گویت و خیلی ازش استقبال شده هم مقامات رسمی و هم طرفدارانش
    و یکی از اعضای پالمان که زن هم هست خیلی ازش تعریف میکرد
    اینهم یک هنرپیشه کویتیه که تقلید گوگوش میکنه
    LOL ! if you hadn't said it I would have mistook her for Ahdiyeh dressed like Googoosh ..

  14. Likes General Parsaian liked this post
  15. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    She was an actress before becoming a singer ,she usually played semi naked in sex abgooshti films ...not a bad voice though ...
    I see. Any of her films worth watching?

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    I see. Any of her films worth watching?
    Don't remember much ......... I think she played in " gholam jandarm" with Malekmotie and Iraj Ghaderi
    ... That was a good film as far as I remember ...I was about 10 years old whe I saw it at Cinema Astara in Tajrish ,,,,Aref was singing "ey khoda " in that film.

  17. Likes Sly liked this post
  18. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy View Post
    the iranian cultural influence in west asia and beyond is one of the main
    reasons iran has checkmated the semitic-axis-of-evil in isreal & saudi so
    far.they simply can not compete with the superior iranian culture.here is
    a good example,this remake of the aforementioned G song has more than
    50m views by the mainly non-iranians on youtube.

    Wow ... ! 50 million views ... they can't sing and dance or melt your heart like Googoosh could but so many views of their cover !

  19. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
  20. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by General Parsaian View Post
    Dear TM
    Googoosh song in english italian and french
    she and her husband mahomud ghorbany Signed contracts with Italian musical companies
    They went to Europe for two years contracts (england , france, italy ,,)
    but after seravl months she and her husband disagreed for some Issues
    she returned back to iran
    most famous song for her was I believe in love
    Wow that is AMAZING, I did not know that Googosh spoke Italian and French so she can speak four languages, English, Italian, French and Persian/Farsi. I wonder what was the disagreement between her and her husband.

    Also for anyone who is a Googoosh expert, I hate to bring this up but I heard an ugly rumor, one that involved her and Tony Yayo slang for Cocaine. I guess at one point she had some problems with drugs, don't know if she does now. That is unfortunately apart of the music culture. I was at Cal Poly and 3 hours away from LA, studying for my finals, otherwise I would have gone to her concert in LA. Thank you for the backstory Timsar.

    @Ogahbealborz jan, that may be true but Just because something has a lot of views 150,000,000 doesn't mean that it is good, see Justin Beiber for example. It goes to show though that these days you don't need any dancing or singing talent, I have no idea how in the hell these two got so many views but it is what it is. Imagine what Googoosh and Haydeh(RIP) would have been able to do if in their prime, social media were around? That is the great equalizer and x factor these days, it is much easier to become famous, you can start out by being a youtube sensation, like Beiber or these two. That was not there before, this is a recent phenomenon and social media is relatively new but it is a game changer and it can help your brand reach a world audience.

  21. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like
    made me rewind and look.

    basiji at :40 has no friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Th mofo at 0:16 had a cell phone in the 1970s!

  22. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
  23. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    2,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    Don't remember much ......... I think she played in " gholam jandarm" with Malekmotie and Iraj Ghaderi
    ... That was a good film as far as I remember ...I was about 10 years old whe I saw it at Cinema Astara in Tajrish ,,,,Aref was singing "ey khoda " in that film.
    Yadesh bekhair Cinema Astara. The number of times I skipped school to go watch band-tombooni movies there and have a chelo kabab in Sadeghi restaurant next door to Passage Farah. Good old days indeed.
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

  24. Likes oghabealborz liked this post
 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •