Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 586
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    lol, You are something dude.
    Get your Daff out and I sing it to you !

  2. Likes Finally liked this post
  3. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Korean team should be ashamed of themselves. Constantly fouling our players, while diving at ever possible opportunity. No attacking or defending ability. A completely uninspired team lacking any real talent. If they didn't buy the ref, that Aussie CUNT, they would have lost to TM quite deservedly.

    Until today I never wished Iran to lose a match. But if Iran loses to Syria, and Uzbeks win over Korea, Koreans would be eliminated and finish 4th in the group. Personally I would love to see that.

  4. Likes Babr liked this post
  5. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    You also could make the difference with 2 shots on targets in 9 matches
    You don't get it, do you? With Rahmati in the goal, teams would go after him with crosses knowing he would stay on his line or his exists would be shaky. Defenders would shit in their pants with every cross. When you have a keeper who is decent on crosses, that strategy does not payoff anymore. While there was no shots on goal, he made couple of very good exits and took the pressure off the defense. It is not all about dividing and making extraordinary saves.

  6. Likes oghabealborz, TeamMeli liked this post
  7. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    25,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    You don't get it, do you? With Rahmati in the goal, teams would go after him with crosses knowing he would stay on his line or his exists would be shaky. Defenders would shit in their pants with every cross. When you have a keeper who is decent on crosses, that strategy does not payoff anymore. While there was no shots on goal, he made couple of very good exits and took the pressure off the defense. It is not all about dividing and making extraordinary saves.
    Dude, i have no interest to talk about GK with you. Move on!

  8. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    25,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Beiranvand is very decent on cross balls, someone missed this match i guess!!!!


  9. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Dude, i have no interest to talk about GK with you. Move on!
    Ditto

  10. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,974
    Post Thanks / Like
    What we learned from the Iran Korea game, a tale of the tape. Before I give my take Now why are we talking about Birnavand vs Rahmati a guy who is not even playing on the team? I noticed some back and forth arguments guys let's focus on the game and the players who are on the squad.

    Iran can play defense. We have known this for quite some time now but today's game proved it. They had to play away, with 10 men, from the 55' so 39 minutes of defense when you count 4' of stoppage time. Despite the serious disadvantage, Iran managed to hold on. Also, this is not the same ref who screwed us in the Iraq Iran game, that Australian was Benny Williams, this guy is Daniel Green. Honestly, I do not know if he had intent when he stomped on his head but it happened and we got the red card.

    Iran can handle adversity. A lesser team would have cracked under the pressure of defending for 39 minutes. Team Melli aka Iran kept their emotions in check and played solid team defense. Overall, I am very happy with the result and as they say a tie on the road is a win, especially when you are down to ten men. Here is my take on Korea, same old KOREA. I have been following them for a long time but I will discuss their problem, since 2002. Korea has good players, they attack well but they cannot finish and capitalize on their opportunities. This has been their Achilles hell for as long as I can remember good team overall with talent and Euro based players but they cannot score. If I had a virgin daughter, I would be safe with them dating a Korean national team player because they would not be able to score. Also going back to arguing about Ramnati vs Birnavand Arash Namei jan is right us Iranians are never happy. This is apart of the culture we will try and find something wrong, even when things are going well. We still have not given up a goal in WCQ and got an away tie, despite this meaning much more for Korea, be happy guys.
    Last edited by TeamMeli; 31-08-2017 at 04:56 PM.

  11. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    25,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uzbeks need to beat SK at home to advance.

  12. #129
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    25,851
    Post Thanks / Like

  13. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Yes Beiranvand is very decent on cross balls, someone missed this match i guess!!!!

    So where are the crosses in this video you are talking about ?

    We talked about these goals before , a firm shot to the corner of his goal from edge of the box that he punched despite having his view partially blocked .

    I mean dude if you were used to the standards of a top goalie like Buffon or something I might have believed you had high standards set ,but you are a fan of a one of the biggest soorakhs called Rahmati who has a record of conceding 6 in an Asian game ,something no other Iranian keeper has ever done ,not even Gholampoor !

    So what are you complaining about ,he is not coming back ,start supporting the coach's choice ,he knows what he is doing .

  14. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    next door
    Posts
    3,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    i do not know about you guys, but i want CQ to destroy Syria at home!! something like the 6-0 against Bahrain. That would heal my emotional wounds.
    Pas Sports & Cultural Club est. 1963

    Iran League Champions:

    -1967 -1977 -2003
    -1968 -1991
    -1976 -1992

    Asia Club Champions:

    -1992

  15. Likes Babr liked this post
  16. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    25,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    So where are the crosses in this video you are talking about ?

    We talked about these goals before , a firm shot to the corner of his goal from edge of the box that he punched despite having his view partially blocked .

    I mean dude if you were used to the standards of a top goalie like Buffon or something I might have believed you had high standards set ,but you are a fan of a one of the biggest soorakhs called Rahmati who has a record of conceding 6 in an Asian game ,something no other Iranian keeper has ever done ,not even Gholampoor !

    So what are you complaining about ,he is not coming back ,start supporting the coach's choice ,he knows what he is doing .
    The first goal was total garbage, i don't want ruin this thread talking about GK again, show that to 10 people and 10 out of 10 call it garbage, it is unbelievable you still defending this goal.

  17. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,974
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Uzbeks need to beat SK at home to advance.
    Uzbeks let a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY slip today, they LOST to China 1-0, giving up the late goal. To give a Borat quotation, "Asshole Uzbekistan, eff you," Now Uzbekistan needs to beat SK but they will have the home field advantage. Also, SK could not take advantage of playing home vs a 10 man Iran team so they are not that great as well. That It is going to be interesting to see who goes in as the #2. @Persian Eagle I do not think we will have a 6-0 Bahrain situation vs Syria. They actually tied us the last time we played so they have some talent on their roster. Plus they kind of play the Iran or Iraq style meaning they are more of a physical team. I say Iran wins but probably something like 2-0 or 3-0, Syria has too much pride to lose 6-0 and they are not that bad. As for Birnavand he made a crucial save I do not know if any other goal keepers could have played any better today, he helped preserve the shutout, while we were playing with 10 men away. We need to be a bit more realistic as fans in our expectations.

  18. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    The first goal was total garbage, i don't want ruin this thread talking about GK again, show that to 10 people and 10 out of 10 call it garbage, it is unbelievable you still defending this goal.
    LOL ! he saved a powerful shot heading for the corner of his goal taken from edge of the box with his view blocked ,call it what you like but you are being unrealistic and unreasonable ,there was no guarantee any other keeper could have done better .

    Thanks for putting it up here ,people can see for themselves .

    still didn't answer where are those crosses you mentioned ??

  19. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Persian-Eagle-13 View Post
    That would heal my emotional wounds.
    What wounds?

  20. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •