Post Thanks / Like

1992 Asian Cup: Iran vs Japan(Interview with Moharrami, Pious and Kermani Moghaddam)

Yaadesh be kheir, ajab baazi bod, 1992 was the only time Iran failed to advance from the group stage of Asian Cup. Japan never looked back in their football from that game.

http://90tv.ir/video/416137/%D9%85%D...82%D8%AF%D9%85

2. Likes Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was on a school field trip to Iran-Khodro on that day. We were sitting on the floor of the factory among rows of Peykan cars being assembled and listening to the game on the factory radio. There was also a tiny tv screen at the corner where they were showing delayed clips from the first half (Akhbar Varzeshi)

We could not believe the last few minutes when the red-cards started getting dished out. I remember looking at all the grown up factory workers and our teachers and wondering why they were all in so much shock. I got a bit scared to be honest.

Jamal Sharif... That name will never leave my mind

4. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    I was on a school field trip to Iran-Khodro on that day. We were sitting on the floor of the factory among rows of Peykan cars being assembled and listening to the game on the factory radio. There was also a tiny tv screen at the corner where they were showing delayed clips from the first half (Akhbar Varzeshi)

We could not believe the last few minutes when the red-cards started getting dished out. I remember looking at all the grown up factory workers and our teachers and wondering why they were all in so much shock. I got a bit scared to be honest.

Jamal Sharif... That name will never leave my mind
    And not surprisingly that guy reffed 3 world cups!

Gamal Ghandour was another idiot ref I remember too.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

6. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    And not surprisingly that guy reffed 3 world cups!

Gamal Ghandour was another idiot ref I remember too.
    To be honest Jamal Sharif was not a bad ref at all. He was the best Asian referee up to that point and continued to be a top ref for years.

You can't expect much from a team coached by Parvin with players like Moharrami and Kermani in it. Bunch of laat-o-loot idiots from a war-torn country who belonged to street football not Asian Cup. Even Pius who was the "gentleman" of the team sounds like a total moron (this guy used to be my idol).

Kollan mamlekat kheili kirieh. The level of victimization and "Poor me" attitude is just astonishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest Jamal Sharif was not a bad ref at all. He was the best Asian referee up to that point and continued to be a top ref for years.

You can't expect much from a team coached by Parvin with players like Moharrami and Kermani in it. Bunch of laat-o-loot idiots from a war-torn country who belonged to street football not Asian Cup. Even Pius who was the "gentleman" of the team sounds like a total moron (this guy used to be my idol).

Kollan mamlekat kheili kirieh. The level of victimization and "Poor me" attitude is just astonishing.
    I think very few in this world can ever admit that they're at fault. Its particularly bad in Eastern Europe and the Middle East.

It reminds me of the joke - (insert "Zerang" City of your choice)

A Zerangi boy kills his parents for their money and is taken to court.

Just as he's about to be sentenced - he jumps in front of the judge, he falls on his knees and starts crying "Please judge, your honor, take mercy on me... I'm a lonely orphan!"

I can't count how many idiot druggies and chagookesh we have in Iran who always blame everyone on themselves. I used to think it was particularly bad in Iran, but as I'm getting older its a worldwide epidemic.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

9. Likes Babr, Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, i guess i am getting old, i had this discussion with a friend few days a go who said the game was on radio but i said i think i watched it on TV!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Ok, i guess i am getting old, i had this discussion with a friend few days a go who said the game was on radio but i said i think i watched it on TV!!
    You watched it on TV later that night or later that week. It was not broadcast live by IRIB. Only radio. Commentator was Eskandar Kouti and SalehNia I think.

12. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You watched it on TV later that night or later that week. It was not broadcast live by IRIB. Only radio. Commentator was Eskandar Kouti and SalehNia I think.
    You are right i guess. i am sure i watched it and most likely was at the same night with delay. I was trying to avoid checking results or listening it from radio to avoid knowing results, but lots of time it didn't work out lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    You are right i guess. i am sure i watched it and most likely was at the same night with delay. I was trying to avoid checking results or listening it from radio to avoid knowing results, but lots of time it didn't work out lol
    The fucking bullshit we had to live with...

Remember having to wait a whole fucking week to read Kayhan Varzeshi or Donyaye Varzesh?! LOL! It sounds almost impossible nowadays. I don't know how we survived! LOL!

15. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember having to wait a whole fucking week to read Kayhan Varzeshi or Donyaye Varzesh?! LOL! It sounds almost impossible nowadays. I don't know how we survived! LOL!
    LOLL! Worst was dealing with Shafi' s BS in Varzesh-Mardom and waiting to watch Tehran League highlights for only 10 minutes.

17. Likes Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I rember calling a number to get the score during games at azadi when they didn't even air some games on radio. It was a 4 digit number. Either 9181 or 9161 (the other number would connect you to sharif univ). If you could get through after 25000 tries the person on the other side would say the live score and hang up. For all you know he could be lting.

19. Likes Babr, Bache Tehroon, Fatso liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Payandeh Iran View Post
    I rember calling a number to get the score during games at azadi when they didn't even air some games on radio. It was a 4 digit number. Either 9181 or 9161 (the other number would connect you to sharif univ). If you could get through after 25000 tries the person on the other side would say the live score and hang up. For all you know he could be lting.

What year is this? The lowest number of digits for phones I remember is 5 and not 4!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
    What year is this? The lowest number of digits for phones I remember is 5 and not 4!
    Special numbers not regular. I am talking about the time that regular numbers had 6 digits.