Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too liked Lak's goalie skills and his few exits had confidence in them and timed pretty well. Granted he was hardly tested but a good showing nonetheless. Another good sign was Jalal coming in and getting some playing time. He has been missed greatly and we need him badly to lead our defensive line and to be on point and in shape. Overall it was a good friendly to test some new faces and they played pretty good. Togo did show some power and physique and Iran had very good speed to match them. Hopefully the trend continues and we can actually beat Russia and hopefully get that pot 3 draw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    I only saw the highlights but Lak looked confident and had some clean catches, only wish that Togo shots were on target so we could see his reactions, but his positioning on the shots were spot on, hope to see him play atleast another half against Russia.
    Na baba inam mali nist.

He acts confident but his clearances and ball handling was pretty amateurish. He kept inviting the Togo strikers to the ball and then he would pickup the ball with his hands on numerous occasions (even in the first half!). This is a time-wasting tactic that is completely outdated and very dangerous. He does the same thing in IPL all the time. I don't understand what the attraction to this childish thing is.

3. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Na baba inam mali nist.

He acts confident but his clearances and ball handling was pretty amateurish. He kept inviting the Togo strikers to the ball and then he would pickup the ball with his hands on numerous occasions (even in the first half!). This is a time-wasting tactic that is completely outdated and very dangerous. He does the same thing in IPL all the time. I don't understand what the attraction to this childish thing is.

That actually annoyed me too. I don't like it either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Match report and highlights, Thanks to Iran-Esteghlal-Inter for putting it up in front page:
    http://iransportspress.com/iran-buil...deo-highlight/

6. Likes Fatso, TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Babr jan here are the highlights. Iran 2-0 Togo, not a bad result and it helped us prepare for an African team, which we will most likely face.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have depth in every position except GK. Iran' B would still have made it to WC with CQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    We have depth in every position except GK. Iran' B would still have made it to WC with CQ.
    I agree they would've probably made the WC, but mostly because Asian teams were unbelievably shit this year. The decline of Korean, Saudi and Australian football is quite evident. Iraq, UAE, Uzbekistan and China all declined compared to the past. Japan too looks absolutely horrible at times. None of the Asian qualifiers stand a chance in Russia. Even Montenegro and Poland are at least a class above all Asian teams (except maybe Japan on a good day).

I was watching Azerbaijan and even they are better than all Asian teams. Iran might get a draw or even a narrow win against them but that doesn't say much.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree they would've probably made the WC, but mostly because Asian teams were unbelievably shit this year. The decline of Korean, Saudi and Australian football is quite evident. Iraq, UAE, Uzbekistan and China all declined compared to the past. Japan too looks absolutely horrible at times. None of the Asian qualifiers stand a chance in Russia. Even Montenegro and Poland are at least a class above all Asian teams (except maybe Japan on a good day).

I was watching Azerbaijan and even they are better than all Asian teams. Iran might get a draw or even a narrow win against them but that doesn't say much.
    That is true outside of Iran, the only other team that performed somewhat was Japan. We had a ton of weak teams and Iran's B could have most likely qualified. Like Babr pointed out, we are stacked at every position, minus GK, hopefully we resolve that issue soon as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    We have depth in every position except GK.
    I can name at least three members who will start an argument with you on this.

12. Likes Babr, kasra1930 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Football has completely changed. Besides Germany, Spain and maybe Brazil, no one plays consistently well.

Just look how well Macedonia played against Italy today. The same Macedonia Iran comfortably beat 3-1 last year. Finland tied Croatia. Iceland smashed Turkey 3-0. No one team is really that great or that bad anymore.
    Its about physical fitness, some level of cohesion and risk mitigation... that's it. Individual skill is really hard to implement effectively these days.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

Post Thanks / Like
    @Fatso good point there is a ton of parody these days. For example, I truly believe if we happen to draw against Argentina, we can beat them(assuming they qualify). There are a few great teams on top Germany, France, Brazil, Germany being the favorites with their bench. Then, there are tons of good teams who would have thought Macedonia would tie v Italy today? Serbia ALMOST qualified today but Austria scored a late goal making it 2-2.

Next up, USA v Panama, must win for USA, four points in the next two games should do it a win and a tie. Pulisic, Alditore, Wood, Howard etc all need to step up. Panama is not a thotmi or garbage team, they are only one spot behind USA and ranked #60, four ranks ahead of Russia. Panama is the most improved team in CONCACAF.
    Last edited by TeamMeli; 07-10-2017 at 01:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Payandeh Iran View Post
    I can name at least three members who will start an argument with you on this.
    Yes. According to them we have 4 Hejazi now

16. Likes kasra1930 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goal USA from Christian Pulisic, one of the guys I mentioned in the previous post USA 1-0 Panama 8'

Post Thanks / Like
    GOOOALL Josie Altidore, two of the guys I mentioned scored, Altidore and Pulisic 2-0 USA 20'. If Wood scores the next goal, I will be 3-3. Speaking of Bobby Wood, right as I typed goal Altidore, Bobby Wood almost scored LMAO.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456