Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some minor interesting notes.

1 - Russian telecast was from the opposite side of the stadium versus Iran's. Main reason for this I believe is the advertisements. One side had all Iranian advertisements, the other side all Russian.
    2 - Camerawork sucked. The camera was going in and out of focus and they were missing key plays. I hope they fix this before World Cup.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

2. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    What a fast beautiful game the Russians played!!! That was a great friendly and a good test for TM's defense to cope with fast attacking teams.

We need more friendlies like this. Serbia has already qualified and they play the same kind of style as Russia. If they don't end up in our group we should have a friendly with them too.

We played really well until Azmoun scored the goal (what a work by Taremi on that BTW). but after the goal we stopped playing?!!! Why???!!!
    We didn't stop playing , remember though the Russians who as you said played a beautiful game were giving us a good battle ,they were doing their best not to lose in front of their own crowd ,guy who replaced Azmoon took a bit of pressure off their defence but I suppose our coach wanted to try things out in such games .

I though Beeranvand had a good game ,only once on a cross Jalal had to bail him out ,seems the coach still trust him as number 1 , I though he may give Haghighi half a game but he didn't ,our goalie looked positive and I didn't notice him feeling nervous ,great save on that free kick and few good exits and clean catches and a couple of half cleare punches but most important thing for a goalie apart from the obvious physical condition is a positive attitude and he seem to have that .

4. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just watched the game. My observations:
    Hajsafi sucks as a LB. Biranvand also sucks but it looks like Khiabani loves the dude. He is going to be our Achilles heel in Russia. I've never seen a good game by Taremi in TM but he was our MVP in this game. It is a good thing Ezatolahi will not be in our first game. Also it looks like Jahanbakhsh is a club player as I never seen a great game by him in TM also. And finally we missed Dejagah.

6. Likes Farsheed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Hajsafi sucks as a LB. Biranvand also sucks but it looks like Khiabani loves the dude. He is going to be our Achilles heel in Russia. I've never seen a good game by Taremi in TM but he was our MVP in this game. It is a good thing Ezatolahi will not be in our first game. Also it looks like Jahanbakhsh is a club player as I never seen a great game by him in TM also. And finally we missed Dejagah.
    I thought Ezatolahi did well?

I think out central defenders played well, nice to have them back

Agree with you about Jahanbakksh, and Saman was also absent

We missed Milad for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't agree at all with Taremi statement, he was our MVP during the qualifications, scored few crucial goals, and no wonder despite having European base strikers such as Karim, Gucci, CQ prioritize him over the rest. I agree about the rest though.

9. Likes Fatso liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    edited..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    I don't agree at all with Taremi statement, he was our MVP during the qualifications, scored few crucial goals, and no wonder despite having European base strikers such as Karim, Gucci, CQ prioritize him over the rest. I agree about the rest though.
    In other games that I saw he was mostly a striker and missed many easy chances. In this game it looked like he was on the wing and hustled quite a bit and made an assist. He never stood out like he did this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    In other games that I saw he was mostly a striker and missed many easy chances. In this game it looked like he was on the wing and hustled quite a bit and made an assist. He never stood out like he did this time.
    He was never striker in TM. Always played behind striker/winger role. Sardar, Gucci were mainly target forward of 4-2-3-1 system of Queiroz.

13. Likes Fatso liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    He was never striker in TM. Always played behind striker/winger role. Sardar, Gucci were mainly target forward of 4-2-3-1 system of Queiroz.
    He played a lot more upfront than the Russia game when we played the Asian sides. That is for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    He played a lot more upfront than the Russia game when we played the Asian sides. That is for sure.
    Not really dude, he was LW in 4-2-3-1 i am 100% sure of that, CQ always play with 1 striker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good analysis of Iran-Russia by 90:

https://www.facebook.com/IranSportsP...8368994570564/

Post Thanks / Like
    Well...talking about friendlies in the other thread.........

Apparently the 2 friendlies for November are now announced:

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1468324...ند

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213