Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    What? You don't think there are too many calls? Last I heard football was a contact sport but every 3 minutes the game is held up for contact.
    It all depends on the referee. Lots of referees let a lot of fouls go and also if two teams try to play football, it’s fine.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post


    Each individual game? or the whole tournament?
    Whole tournament. 4 weeks, every 4 years, totally meaningless crap


    Jimbo, is that you???
    Honorable mention for Bergkamp. I'm being nostaglic, but damn he was beautiful. Why did he fail in Italy?
    Not his football. Same for Laudrup. Neither really Baggio’s.


    I find the quality actually decreases once the bigger teams are left standing, simply because they're afraid of losing. World CUp 2014 was a good example of this (except for Brazil, lol).
    World Cup 1998 was peak of quality for me. I know our more experienced members will say 82 and 86.
    My father still says 1970!
    My favorite World Cup is 90 but it was rubbish. But I will always say it was the best tournament. Why? Nostalgia! Nostalgia is rubbish.


    For Europe (especially the East) I'd agree.
    Why Europe? Look at Africa and the crap they call borders and nations. Or Middle East.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,032
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are no corrupt refs or fixed matches.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. There are not many world class players (great stars) today compared to the 90's/early 2000.

    2. If Messi and C. Ronaldo in their form and strength they've been during the past few years, played back in the 90's / early 2000, they would only be yet 2 other great players. They wouldn't have had dominated the world football as they do now.

    3. Ronaldinho in his top form was the best football player to ever walk the earth. No one has been able to beat him yet. The words, alien or non-human was never best suited someone than when used to describe his skills.

    to be continued...

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    2,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    Salary cap in football is a must. Rich clubs are ruining the spirit of competition and the beautiful game.
    Fifa should be exactly like NFL. Remote referees and video technology, coach's challenge, 2 times 1 minute time outs per team per half.
    No more than 3 non-native players in each club.
    No offside calls after the lineman's flag goes up, unless its 100% obvious. Let the video technology confirm.
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

  6. Likes Babr liked this post
  7. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    25,981
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tajrish View Post
    Salary cap in football is a must. Rich clubs are ruining the spirit of competition and the beautiful game.
    Fifa should be exactly like NFL. Remote referees and video technology, coach's challenge, 2 times 1 minute time outs per team per half.
    No more than 3 non-native players in each club.
    No offside calls after the lineman's flag goes up, unless its 100% obvious. Let the video technology confirm.
    I agree with salary cap, but it is already very hard to maintain it with North American sports, and specially the ones which involve Canadian teams because of tax rates variations in Canadian cities and some states in US compare to other states such as Florida, Tennessee, etc. It will be very hard to maintain the same salary cap in top 5-6 European leagues.

  8. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    2,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    I agree with salary cap, but it is already very hard to maintain it with North American sports, and specially the ones which involve Canadian teams because of tax rates variations in Canadian cities and some states in US compare to other states such as Florida, Tennessee, etc. It will be very hard to maintain the same salary cap in top 5-6 European leagues.
    It may be difficult to implement, but they have to start somewhere. It is already beyond ridiculous. The smaller teams never stand a chance.
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

  9. Likes Payandeh Iran, Bache Tehroon liked this post
  10. #23
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    1. There are not many world class players (great stars) today compared to the 90's/early 2000.

    2. If Messi and C. Ronaldo in their form and strength they've been during the past few years, played back in the 90's / early 2000, they would only be yet 2 other great players. They wouldn't have had dominated the world football as they do now.

    3. Ronaldinho in his top form was the best football player to ever walk the earth. No one has been able to beat him yet. The words, alien or non-human was never best suited someone than when used to describe his skills.

    to be continued...
    goft unpopular, na kossher

  11. #24
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tajrish View Post
    Salary cap in football is a must. Rich clubs are ruining the spirit of competition and the beautiful game.
    Fifa should be exactly like NFL. Remote referees and video technology, coach's challenge, 2 times 1 minute time outs per team per half.
    No more than 3 non-native players in each club.
    No offside calls after the lineman's flag goes up, unless its 100% obvious. Let the video technology confirm.
    technically there is something like a salary cap and it's called financial fair play. Only 70% of your expenditures max are allowed to go for salaries. The problem is the way NFL is run with franchises compared to the European league in football.

    Non-native players, again...difficult.

  12. Likes tajrish liked this post
  13. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    26,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    goft unpopular, na kossher
    Says the guy who had Deco as the best player who had ever sat foot on the earth! lol

    *Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

  14. #26
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy am I gonna push some buttons, but if you want unpopular then here we go:

    1. Champions League spots should be divided such as below:

    PL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga: 6.5 teams each
    Ligue 1: 1,5 teams
    Primeira League: 1 team
    Eredivisie + Jupiler Pro League: 1 team
    Russian League: 0,5 team
    Rest of Europe combined: : 2 teams

    2. The biggest drop in form ever witnessed from a player (or call it waste of talent if you want) is not Ronaldinho, Kaka or any of those players, its Adriano by faaaaaaar.

    3. The most over hyped, overrated and ridiculously exaggerated thing ever among Iranian football fans is Ali Karimis dribbling skills.

    4. Looking at some of the greatest athletes in different sports, Messi (being arguably the best football player in history) has one of the most boring and uninspiring personalities.

    5. When it comes to the best free kick takers in history, Ian Harte is right there among the very top, albeit none ever mentions or remembers him

    6. England has always been the most overrated national team in the world

  15. Likes tajrish, Mahdi, Fatso, Bache Tehroon liked this post
  16. #27
    Mahdi's Avatar
    Mahdi is offline News Team
    ISP Managers Team
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Mjunik
    Posts
    6,612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhidahak View Post

    3. The most over hyped, overrated and ridiculously exaggerated thing ever among Iranian football fans is Ali Karimis dribbling skills.
    I agree. His dribbling skills were compared to everything else his least impressive skill. Underrated in terms of positional sense and passing.

  17. Likes Azhidahak liked this post
  18. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    37,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    - There should be no offside if the offside player is less than 2 meters in offside (hard to implement but very much possible)

    - There should be no offside if the passer has already beaten the offside trap (2 attackers vs. 1 defender or goalkeeper)

    - backpasses from the opponent's half to own half should be illegal.

    - A team should be given a maximum of 4-5 minutes to have a shot at the opponent's goal. If no shot, a penalty is given to the opponent.

    - Substitutions should not take more than 15 seconds.

    - Throw-ins are stupid. Make them freekicks. This was tried in some youth world-cup and it actually looked good. I don't know why they took it away.

    - I really wish there was some sort of an extra reward for goals scored from outside the box. They make the game a lot more beautiful. Maybe count them as 2 goals? But that could also backfire in the form of teams not giving a shit about close buildups anymore.

    - Heading the ball back to your own goalie should not make handling the ball legal. A keeper should never handle a backpass regardless of which part of the body was used.

    - Pulling shirts should be an automatic red-card and 4 match ban (only if confirmed by video technology). Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

    - Diving also deserves an automatic red-card and a 4 match ban (again, only if confirmed by video tech)

    - Protesting the ref deserves a direct red-card and 4 match ban. It's become ridiculous.

    - Fouling the same player more than 3 times during a match should earn the offender an automatic red-card (no further suspension needed)



    In general, football needs a lot more action than just running. It needs many more shots, many more red cards and many more goals. In the age of ADHD and short attention spans, there's no reason to stick with 100 year old rules that puts people to sleep. The game has a beautiful soul. It needs revitalizing.


  19. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    42,641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    - There should be no offside if the offside player is less than 2 meters in offside (hard to implement but very much possible)

    - There should be no offside if the passer has already beaten the offside trap (2 attackers vs. 1 defender or goalkeeper)

    - backpasses from the opponent's half to own half should be illegal.

    - A team should be given a maximum of 4-5 minutes to have a shot at the opponent's goal. If no shot, a penalty is given to the opponent.

    - Substitutions should not take more than 15 seconds.

    - Throw-ins are stupid. Make them freekicks. This was tried in some youth world-cup and it actually looked good. I don't know why they took it away.

    - I really wish there was some sort of an extra reward for goals scored from outside the box. They make the game a lot more beautiful. Maybe count them as 2 goals? But that could also backfire in the form of teams not giving a shit about close buildups anymore.

    - Heading the ball back to your own goalie should not make handling the ball legal. A keeper should never handle a backpass regardless of which part of the body was used.

    - Pulling shirts should be an automatic red-card and 4 match ban (only if confirmed by video technology). Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

    - Diving also deserves an automatic red-card and a 4 match ban (again, only if confirmed by video tech)

    - Protesting the ref deserves a direct red-card and 4 match ban. It's become ridiculous.

    - Fouling the same player more than 3 times during a match should earn the offender an automatic red-card (no further suspension needed)



    In general, football needs a lot more action than just running. It needs many more shots, many more red cards and many more goals. In the age of ADHD and short attention spans, there's no reason to stick with 100 year old rules that puts people to sleep. The game has a beautiful soul. It needs revitalizing.
    you need 10 refs instead of three for all of these happening

    Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

  20. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    37,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now onto tournament-related rants/ideas:

    I see Mahdi's point about national football (border-based football) being a bit ridiculous, but humans are instinctively identity-driven creatures. What is the alternative? Race-based football?! Religion-based football?

    If the idea is to add more drama/fun to national games and also make the atmosphere more inclusive, then I think pairing teams of different strength is a funny/good idea! Mix the teams of two nations together and let them play as one team against another pair. Do this based on rankings (1 strong + 1 weak) and draw of luck. This sounds completely ridiculous but I have a strong feeling it will actually happen sometime in the future.

    If the idea of national football is to play the best possible football, then it's pretty much futile because there simply cannot be enough chemistry between players to match club-level football.


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •