Post Thanks / Like

Without Barça, La Liga is the Bundesliga

You can accuse Javier Tebas of many things, but a lack of imagination is not one of them. He showed it off again yesterday with some surprising statements: "If the Catalan indenpendence process moves forward, Barça will not be able to play in the Spanish league". The surprise is that the president of La Liga, who has said that football and politics shouldn't be mixed several times, is now mixing up the referendum with Barça. He also does at a time when he doesn't stop reminding us, correctly, that La Liga is a global business. It is clear that excluding one of its great clubs would be bad business for La Liga - which would be harmed a lot more than Barça by such a move, who could presumably find a place in another big European league. In this case, Real Madrid would become a Spanish Bayern Munich, winning titles without a rival on the same level. Because, separated and unable to compare themselves against one another, both Barça and Real Madrid would be weakened and would have to completely change the way they looked at themselves. But what's certain is the La Liga would lose power, quality and income. It could be that Tebas, as has happened before, has got carried away. However, if he means it, he is putting his ideology ahead of his business interests. Some people want to exercise their right to decide, Tebas seems to want to exercise his right to suicide.

LaLiga president Javier Tebas has warned Barcelona of the consequences should Catalonia gain independence, claiming that they could lose their status as one of Europe's top dogs.Although an independence referendum in the region continues to be pushed but remains up in the air, Tebas preferred to focus on the potential fallout for LaLiga and the Blaugrana.He insisted that they would no longer be able to compete in Spain's top flight and put paid to any dreams of a move to Ligue 1 too."If this process progresses then Catalan clubs couldn't play in what remains of Spain," he explained. "I have been surprised by the Secretary of Sport's statements in which he said a choice can be made."It is deceiving Catalans who will take part in the independence process. In sport, it isn't a la carte and things must be clearly stated."It isn't easy to have an agreement and study Spanish legislation but if they do get that, then they will not be able to play in Spain's LaLiga but I hope it doesn't come to that."I'm concerned about Barcelona's future and LaLiga's future if there is independence but it is a question for the citizens of Catalonia."If there is interest in a Catalan league or if they really believe they can play against the French, it is an impossible option: a joke."Rightly or wrongly, there would be resistance. It is a problem for them. If it was a Catalan league, I'm sure that television rights wouldn't be the same. They would surely cease being a big club in Europe."Tebas has also come under fire in recent days for comments he made about Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City's spending over the course of the summer and elaborated further on his criticism of the duo."Manchester City and PSG are financed with money that hasn't been generated in football. PSG have done more financial doping than City," he continued."I don't even consider the Neymar deal as being part of the football market, I consider it part of the gas market but the market is being doped and other clubs in Europe have had to raise wages in inferior conditions."
    They may be his rivals but Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane doesn't want to contemplate LaLiga without Barcelona.On Friday, the Frenchman was asked for his views on the subject of potential Catalan independence and the impact that it could have both on the Blaugrana and Spanish football as a whole.He was steadfast in his view that he would not like to see the Spanish top flight without Real's great rivals in it."It is a difficult debate and I don't know what's going to happen but I hope that we don't have a league without them, I don't want that," he said."I don't want to see that, as a fan of the sport. For me, I can't see it. Barcelona would always have to be part of the league."

2. Likes brando liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sportminister of Cata-kurdistan says catalan La Liga teams can join Serie A, Ligue A or Premier League as they want.
    But the truth is, even if they get independent, All Catalan teams will most likely be allowed to stay in La Liga, as Andoran teams does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    Who is Ali Damagh ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brando View Post
    The sportminister of Cata-kurdistan says catalan La Liga teams can join Serie A, Ligue A or Premier League as they want.
    But the truth is, even if they get independent, All Catalan teams will most likely be allowed to stay in La Liga, as Andoran teams does.
    I was told they can join other leagues but they might not be able to join the la liga. I must say I agree with Real Madrid but to be fair to the Bundesliga, Dortmund is on the rise, Bayern Munchen is struggling and other teams are competing so it's not a one pony race anymore. I was wondering what would happen to Barce if Catlan gets independent. Looks like they have options and La Liga is one of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a decision by La liga panel. We also have Monaco playing in Ligue 1

I don't think any of those leagues you mentioned will go to 20+ teams because of Catalan teams .

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    this is going to be tough, i am not sure La Liga is going to let them stay, it would cause A LOT of issues .... it means Real vs Barca is going to have a whole new meaning ...

Personally I dont think Catolonia on its own is going to benefit them or Spain, having said that, if the majority want independence, what spain government doing is wrong ... they should be allowed to vote and separate if that what they want.

Overall, its sad, instead of nations coming together, tolerating each other, working with one another, everyone is separating .. spain, kurds ...
    Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church
    Captain, thank you, thank you very much for all these passionate years you have given to your Real Madrid to my Real Madrid. I will not forget you because, among other reasons, I do not want to forget you. No matter where you go know that I love you , Real Madrid loves you. HALA MADRID
    Some find their Mecca in Saudi Arabia, Some in Palestine and some in Vatican, I find mine in Madrid and I call it “The Estadio Santiago Bernabéu”

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooya View Post
    this is going to be tough, i am not sure La Liga is going to let them stay, it would cause A LOT of issues .... it means Real vs Barca is going to have a whole new meaning ...

Personally I dont think Catolonia on its own is going to benefit them or Spain, having said that, if the majority want independence, what spain government doing is wrong ... they should be allowed to vote and separate if that what they want.

Overall, its sad, instead of nations coming together, tolerating each other, working with one another, everyone is separating .. spain, kurds ...
    They were talking about this issue, again and you are right, this seems to be the ugly trend, splitting apart rather than coming together. Everyone wants to separate, spain, kuds, in old Yugoslavia you had a bunch of splits. I do not know what will happen to Barcelona but it is sad, and I do not think they will remain in La Liga.