Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsheed View Post
    my nightmare draw is Germany/Brazil from Pod A, Spain from Pod 2 and Serbia/Nigeria from Pod 4
    oofff...a nightmare indeed. However 3 great games which our young players would never get to play against in such a short time. Definitely 3 scenes for some of our players, like Azmoun, to get exposure in.

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

2. Likes Farsheed, Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    oofff...a nightmare indeed. However 3 great games which our young players would never get to play against in such a short time. Definitely 3 scenes for some of our players, like Azmoun, to get exposure in.
    Aslan that would be the dream draw. Takes all the pressure off Iran and puts it all on other teams. Brings the best out of Iran's crappy defensive game too.

Iran looks its worst against Pot 3 and 4 teams. No ability to attack, but a huge insistence on making the game as boring as possible

4. Likes Fatso, Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Aslan that would be the dream draw. Takes all the pressure off Iran and puts it all on other teams. Brings the best out of Iran's crappy defensive game too.

Iran looks its worst against Pot 3 and 4 teams. No ability to attack, but a huge insistence on making the game as boring as possible
    Rare we agree, but yes, this is exactly right.
    Our best games are against the "big" teams. Its against the midlevel teams that we struggle. And people complain about why CQ wants to play friendlies versus teams like Panama and Ukraine instead of Brazil and Spain.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

Post Thanks / Like
    Both Tunesia and Senegal just qualified in front of us.
    We are so lucky to take the very last spot in 3rd pot (24th)
    which means we made the first goal of being in pot 3, but... only just
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    Who is Ali Damagh ?

7. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    Rare we agree, but yes, this is exactly right.
    Our best games are against the "big" teams. Its against the midlevel teams that we struggle. And people complain about why CQ wants to play friendlies versus teams like Panama and Ukraine instead of Brazil and Spain.
    That has always been the case guys, look at even the last WC our best game was VS Argentina, we seem to be the tam that plays to the level of our opponent. If we play a big dog then Iran will go all out but if we play against a mediocre team, then they will match that effort. Today's 1-0 win v Venezuela was not a bad result, against a very good defensive team. Usually, we are due for one good game, one ok game and one stinker. If we can avoid that stinker and just have it be ok then Iran should be in good shape. Panama, Venezuela and Russia were all good tests. I am getting excited for Iran v Serbia and Ukraine, both should be good games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMeli View Post
    . I am getting excited for Iran v Serbia and Ukraine, both should be good games.
    Are there any confirmations that Iran is playing either team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsheed View Post
    Are there any confirmations that Iran is playing either team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't heard any confirmations yet but based on the fact that we played Russia, Panama and Venezuela so far I think it's a go. I will let you know, once I hear about any confirmations.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789