Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    I don't agree on that tbh.
    That's why he is TM #1 goaltender right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is weird because CQ main advantage was their physical condition and stamina(if you remember 2014 team), but somehow lately the team run out of gas after 60-70 minutes.
    I am not worried about that ,come the world cup they will be as fit as a fiddle for 90 minutes ,in these friendlies when you change atleast 6 subs during the game you are looking to find out about your players and how to blend them and how to work them together .

What we need to improve in the coming world cup is our fitness in our last game ,but having a better squad this time we have a better chance to keep going for 90 minutes in our 3rd group game.

Post Thanks / Like
    well carlos keeps on trucking and racking up wins but you
    guys still piss & moan about him.why?
    just bet on carlos' iran and win baby.

Post Thanks / Like
    The issue is at this point, 4-5 keepers can be no1 of TM, they are all more or less at the same level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beirnvand had a great save against Russia on their free kick ,check that out again to see how good he is on shot stopping .

Mazaheri also had a great save today on their dangerous free kick that changed path .

I don't know who is better ,those in the coaching staff that spend time with them in training might have a good idea .

Post Thanks / Like
    CQ will have them in fantastic shape by the WC time. Especially with that long camp right before the games. He did the same for Brazil and Iran was in great shape. I wanted to make a point about Beiranvands punching abilities. Is it just me or it seems to me that he is trying to actually punch the ball with the side of his hand instead of making a fist and pushing the ball out. On that play in the fist half where he punched it I was 99% sure we got scored on and Jalal saved his ass and ours. He also did one in the last game but that one was actually successful. I feel like he is trying hard to come out and improve it but does have weaknesses on it. This coming out from the goal is actually the weakness of many goalies and something I don’t remember that we ever had anyone being able to do it successfully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well...it is time for CQ to start paying attention to those GPS gears and put emphasis on stamina. The players have 6-7 months to improve!

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Match Highlights:

9. Likes Payandeh Iran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oghabealborz View Post
    Beirnvand had a great save against Russia on their free kick ,check that out again to see how good he is on shot stopping .

Mazaheri also had a great save today on their dangerous free kick that changed path .

I don't know who is better ,those in the coaching staff that spend time with them in training might have a good idea .
    Well, the best way to evaluate them is not how good they stopped one shot in a game but how many mistakes they've made in each game. If you consider today's game and the last one against Panama, Beiranvand definitely looked shaky at times. I would rest him for a while and test Mazaheri. So far the latter has been doing very well with less mistakes.

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
    CQ will have them in fantastic shape by the WC time. Especially with that long camp right before the games. He did the same for Brazil and Iran was in great shape. I wanted to make a point about Beiranvands punching abilities. Is it just me or it seems to me that he is trying to actually punch the ball with the side of his hand instead of making a fist and pushing the ball out. On that play in the fist half where he punched it I was 99% sure we got scored on and Jalal saved his ass and ours. He also did one in the last game but that one was actually successful. I feel like he is trying hard to come out and improve it but does have weaknesses on it. This coming out from the goal is actually the weakness of many goalies and something I don’t remember that we ever had anyone being able to do it successfully.
    What I like about Beiranvand is his positiveness and sharpness coming off his line and get to the ball ,on that first half punch that you mentioned he just needed to jump towards the ball a little sooner so he would have reached the ball a bit higher in the air and then give it a good solid punch ,just a bit of fine tuning ....

But it is always a little twitch that makes a big difference in the outcome.
    Last edited by oghabealborz; 13-11-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Well, the best way to evaluate them is not how good they stopped one shot in a game but how many mistakes they've made in each game. If you consider today's game and the last one against Panama, Beiranvand definitely looked shaky at times. I would rest him for a while and test Mazaheri. So far the latter has been doing very well with less mistakes.
    Yeah but you and I are in charge and don't know everything about them ,but I am very happy the way Mazaheri played today , it was good for him and Beiranvand and other keepers too ,they keep pushing each other and team melli will benefit.

13. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ghoddos is a nice addition but he is not a playmaker. Dejagah is still our best bet for this position with the absence of Shojaei.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ghoddos is a nice addition but he is not a playmaker. Dejagah is still our best bet for this position with the absence of Shojaei.
    Give him just a bit of time and handful games ,he will be the governor ,it is written all over him.

16. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Ghoddos did very well there today! I agree Dejagah is still our best there but he's out of breath after 60 minutes. Shojaei is too slow, losing the ball to the opponents many times.

Ronaldo (The Brazilian)

Post Thanks / Like
    And im still puzzled what Ali Karimi is doing in national team, beside commiting dangerous freekicks?
    Nobody knows.

This guy and that Akbar Imani guy are terrible. So is Ezzatollahi these days to be honest. Kollan midfield ta'tileh.

Overall Iran really can't or doesn't want to hold the ball when they go up by 1 goal. CQ should field these guys against a relatively weak team and enforce a "no less than 3 goals" policy along a "no less than 65% possession". They need to get used to having the ball and going for more goals.

19. Likes Sly liked this post