Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Torontonian friends ....

What's the best restaurant in town ? I was told Darbar is good. I also heard Gilaneh is decent. I used to go to shomal all the time but last time was my last time . the food was terrible. I heard they dropped their quality since the previous owner sold the business

Post Thanks / Like
    Shomal is still very good, it's the service which is hit and miss.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    Out of question, believe me I went to that restaurant many many many times , even once with our own Niou , last time it was major crap and I'm talking about three different dishes .

thanks anyways

4. Likes Niloufar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darbar is great based on my own experience (5 months ago) and what I heard from friends and relatives. A bit pricey though

6. Likes Real Madrid, Niloufar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I checked their menu and reviews with the same feedback . great food but very pricy. soltani is $35.

any feedback on Gilaneh ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    I checked their menu and reviews with the same feedback . great food but very pricy. soltani is $35.

been there 3 years ago. Didn't like it but didn't hate it either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    I went to Shomal Resturaunt for the first time a few months ago and had the Kabob Torsh and it was sweet. They should change the name to Kabob Shereen not Torsh. Overall i was not too impressed but that could be because my mother is shomali and the best shomali food is home made.
    In Carlos We Trust

10. Likes Real Madrid, Payandeh Iran, Fatso, Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maziar95 View Post
    I went to Shomal Resturaunt for the first time a few months ago and had the Kabob Torsh and it was sweet. They should change the name to Kabob Shereen not Torsh. Overall i was not too impressed but that could be because my mother is shomali and the best shomali food is home made.
    apparently they"re using a wrong pomegranate sauce

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    Same as Shomal (same owner). Hit and miss. From absolute shit to maybe half-okay (never great). It's got an eerily weird atmosphere. Lots of risho-pashm faces and new-comers from Iran. I won't go there again.

The best Koobideh I have had in the past 2 years has consistently been from "Shater Abbas". They have 2 locations. One is only express with excellent food. The main restaurant has the same stuff and is on Yonge south of Highway 7 (same plaza as Super Parsian). The owner recently passed away, but the food remains good.

Honestly, most food in Toronto has gone beyond great and is simply amazing these days. I have traveled to many places and Toronto has some of the best ethnic food in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want get takeout stuffs, Taftaan is quite good also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Same as Shomal (same owner). Hit and miss. From absolute shit to maybe half-okay (never great). It's got an eerily weird atmosphere. Lots of risho-pashm faces and new-comers from Iran. I won't go there again.

The best Koobideh I have had in the past 2 years has consistently been from "Shater Abbas". They have 2 locations. One is only express with excellent food. The main restaurant has the same stuff and is on Yonge south of Highway 7 (same plaza as Super Parsian). The owner recently passed away, but the food remains good.

Honestly, most food in Toronto has gone beyond great and is simply amazing these days. I have traveled to many places and Toronto has some of the best ethnic food in the world.

how's shatter Abbas ambience ? I am taking some colleagues with me, so both food and atmosphere must be presentable

Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    If you want get takeout stuffs, Taftaan is quite good also.
    yeah good idea , I always do if it's only me but I am taking some friend with me

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately the places with the best food don't have the best ambiance. If you want good ambiance, Gilaneh in my opinion is pretty good.

Shater Abbas is very good food, but the restaurant decor itself is very ordinary.

There's also some restaurants which the hipster crowd love such as takht tavous and pomegranate but they're marketed towards non-Iranians.

There is a very good restaurant called Reihoon in Burlington (near Hamilton), pricy but high quality and great setting.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

16. Likes Niloufar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best Kabab's i ever had outside Iran was Raffi's place in Glendale, CA. The portion is at least 1 1/2 of other places and the price is reasonable for the portion.

18. Likes Fatso liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    One of the best Kabab's i ever had outside Iran was Raffi's place in Glendale, CA. The portion is at least 1 1/2 of other places and the price is reasonable for the portion.
    How does it help Fariborz? Aslan mageh to Toronto hasti? Yeki jolo mano begireh a'saab nadaram!
    Last edited by Payandeh Iran; 27-11-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by payandeh iran View Post
    how does it help fariborz? Asla mageh to toronto hasti? Yeki jolo mano begireh a'saab nadaram!
    loolll!

21. Likes Fatso liked this post