Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    Unfortunately the places with the best food don't have the best ambiance. If you want good ambiance, Gilaneh in my opinion is pretty good.

Shater Abbas is very good food, but the restaurant decor itself is very ordinary.

There's also some restaurants which the hipster crowd love such as takht tavous and pomegranate but they're marketed towards non-Iranians.

There is a very good restaurant called Reihoon in Burlington (near Hamilton), pricy but high quality and great setting.

thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Payandeh Iran View Post
    How does it help Fariborz? Aslan mageh to Toronto hasti? Yeki jolo mano begireh a'saab nadaram!
    I'm attending a convention in the first week of December . I promised to take some of my colleagues out for Persian food. As it stand I have to pick between Gilaneh and Darbar .

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a very good restaurant called Reihoon in Burlington (near Hamilton), pricy but high quality and great setting.
    I 2nd Fatso's opinion. I know the owners of Reyhoon very well and have been an avid customer since the day they opened. Nothing beats their patio setting in summer months. I adore that village for personal reasons.

I have taken American colleagues of mine to Reyhoon multiple times (some of them very high rank directors) and the place didn't disappoint.

The only problem for you might be the 60KM drive from Yonge in traffic.

Toronto's traffic these days is the most pathetic it has ever been. No words can describe how I feel about it. Sorry, yeah Reyhoon is good!

3. Likes Real Madrid, Fatso liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    Unfortunately the places with the best food don't have the best ambiance. If you want good ambiance, Gilaneh in my opinion is pretty good.

Shater Abbas is very good food, but the restaurant decor itself is very ordinary.

There's also some restaurants which the hipster crowd love such as takht tavous and pomegranate but they're marketed towards non-Iranians.

Do You live in Toronto? I thought u were living in Alberta?

Post Thanks / Like

Darbar is great based on my own experience (5 months ago) and what I heard from friends and relatives. A bit pricey though
    yeah exactly! Poole ghertibazishoon ro migiran! The waiter/waitress keeps u waiting, comes with 3 piece of bread to start and then at the end u realize they even charge for appetizer bread!lol

How does it help Fariborz? Aslan mageh to Toronto hasti? Yeki jolo mano begireh a'saab nadaram!
    LOOL! Hamino begu Nader jan! No recommendation is accepted from people who've left friendly Canada for Trump land!

Fariborz jan,
    When are u coming? We should meet up if you have time!
    I tried Gilane about 3 weeks ago, and it was pretty good.
    If you need great ambience and great kebab, try Shahrzad. Its consistently good. The only downside is its only open after 5pm. Or else its a great place to go with guests. Its so beautiful inside, u feel like you've been to Kashan/Esfahan.
    Last edited by Niloufar; 28-11-2017 at 05:34 AM.
    NilouKia

6. Likes Payandeh Iran, Real Madrid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont want to be party pooper.
    but what is us iranian's obsession with kabab! it is our lease complex food!

I plan to visit Toronto sooner rather than later. what is the best Dizi place?
    It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong

8. Likes Niloufar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaharMahal View Post
    Dont want to be party pooper.
    but what is us iranian's obsession with kabab! it is our lease complex food!

I plan to visit Toronto sooner rather than later. what is the best Dizi place?
    Unless you have a decent charcoal bbq, it doesn't taste the same at home.
    Its like how Americans love steak. They can make it at home, but they get it at restaurants.

But in general, I'd agree, most Iranians are very close minded with food. If I want to sit down and hear a million complaints about the food, I go out with Iranians.
    More importantly, we've done a terrible job of marketing our food. We are hesitant to try our own foods from different areas (see arguments that happen because someone likes fesenjoon sour, someone likes it sweet) even though we are blessed with amazing variety, taste and textures.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

10. Likes Bache Tehroon, ChaharMahal, Niloufar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Do You live in Toronto? I thought u were living in Alberta?
    I have to follow the work!
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

12. Likes Babr, Niloufar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Niloufar View Post
    yeah exactly! Poole ghertibazishoon ro migiran! The waiter/waitress keeps u waiting, comes with 3 piece of bread to start and then at the end u realize they even charge for appetizer bread!lol

LOOL! Hamino begu Nader jan! No recommendation is accepted from people who've left friendly Canada for Trump land!

Fariborz jan,
    When are u coming? We should meet up if you have time!
    I tried Gilane about 3 weeks ago, and it was pretty good.
    If you need great ambience and great kebab, try Shahrzad. Its consistently good. The only downside is its only open after 5pm. Or else its a great place to go with guests. Its so beautiful inside, u feel like you've been to Kashan/Esfahan.
    . thanks Nilou jan , We are always Mozahem , hopefully next time . We've got a lot to talk about

Post Thanks / Like
    i have gone alot of $hitty iranian or Afghan restaurants that do a ok job with Kabab Kubideh or Chenjeh ...
    Have not seen any place that does Kabab Bonab, Dandeh Kabab

I have seen few places in LA that say have something like "Koofteh Tabrizi"

I honestly have more confidence in my ability to whip up a Ok kabab. but for the life of me I will never be able to do Ghormeh Sabzi, Koofteh tabrizi.

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly have more confidence in my ability to whip up a Ok kabab.
    Manam baladam az khodam tarif konam. Shoma kabab dorost kon, 4-5 nafar az ISP (including yours truly) ro davat kon, ma nazar midim.
    Last edited by Payandeh Iran; 29-11-2017 at 08:57 PM.

16. Likes Bache Tehroon, Fatso, Niloufar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have gone alot of $hitty iranian or Afghan restaurants that do a ok job with Kabab Kubideh or Chenjeh ...
    Have not seen any place that does Kabab Bonab, Dandeh Kabab

I have seen few places in LA that say have something like "Koofteh Tabrizi"

I honestly have more confidence in my ability to whip up a Ok kabab. but for the life of me I will never be able to do Ghormeh Sabzi, Koofteh tabrizi.
    I cook a lot and I like to cook complicated foods regardless of its nationality , Let's say it's my biggest hobby next to football and watching Iranian TV series but I always believe there are certain things you need to eat out and chelo kabab is one of them . no matter how good you make it but I have to eat that at the restaurant.

18. Likes Payandeh Iran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manam baladam az khodam tarif konam. Shoma kabab dorost kon, 4-5 nafar az ISP (including yours truly) ro davat kon, ma nazar midim.
    I did say OK. did not say great.

but the other foods i mentioned i don't think I will ever be good at cooking up a mediocre one!

big difference. hence my observation that iranian folks just eat Kabab

which is just fine for an individual. but eventually it results into non-Iranians to know about kabab. and the old adage that if you want good food you have to go and Iranian's house.

--
    I personally think Kabab is so important to us because historically (until 50 years ago) eating meat was something that a common man basically never had the chance of doing. the common sharecropper in Iran just had yogurt with bread or cheese with bread for his lunch.
    and maybe once a month abgoosht with basically alot of donbeh. bones and no actual meat.

I think that leads to our endless love-affair with kabab.
    and honestly that is even true abroad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Madrid View Post
    . thanks Nilou jan , We are always Mozahem , hopefully next time . We've got a lot to talk about
    Ekhtiar dari Fariborz jan, it has always been a pleasure having u guys here. ok hopefully next time then.
    NilouKia

Post Thanks / Like
    I did say OK. did not say great.
    حالا نمیخوای دعوت کنی دیگه بهانه نیار
    Last edited by Payandeh Iran; 30-11-2017 at 09:34 PM.

22. Likes Fatso, ChaharMahal, Babr, Niloufar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shater Abbas and Darbar are consistent and very good.

Shomal and Gilaneh are shitty versions of arsenal ....couple of good experiences followed by 3 bad one....repeat !
    rM f rTL NtXTn