Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody into cryptocurrency?

Bitcoin pushing $13,000. I bought some but very little $2000 in 3 coins (Ethereum & Bitcoin & Litecoin) each. Kicking myself for not buying more. I don't know too much about them but rode the wave a few months ago. Anybody in?

2. Likes TeamMeli, Bache Tehroon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reached $14,360

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had the money at the time I would have invested in BT. I actually talked to my dad about it saying to him it would be a good idea to invest like $5,000-10,000 but he thought it was going to be just a passing phase. Good for you investing, when you invested the $2,000 what was it at? Even with $2,000 you probably made a nice return on investment, well done man. I think BT or Crypto Currency is here to stay. Unfortunately, it can be used for illegal means, such as purchasing drugs, through the dark web. It is interesting, it seems like this is the wave of the future we are becoming a paperless society.

5. Likes A8K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Briefly hit 16000 today!
    I cant believe i didnt get more when it was 5K

btw, look into ETH as well, it has picked up momentum.

where do you trade?
    Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church
    Captain, thank you, thank you very much for all these passionate years you have given to your Real Madrid to my Real Madrid. I will not forget you because, among other reasons, I do not want to forget you. No matter where you go know that I love you , Real Madrid loves you. HALA MADRID
    Some find their Mecca in Saudi Arabia, Some in Palestine and some in Vatican, I find mine in Madrid and I call it “The Estadio Santiago Bernabéu”

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooya View Post
    Briefly hit 16000 today!
    I cant believe i didnt get more when it was 5K

btw, look into ETH as well, it has picked up momentum.

where do you trade?
    BTC hit $17193 today.
    Ethereum is down or flat while BTC is skyrocketing.
    Coinbase and Bittrex for Altcoins.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a miner. I buy hashing power instead of the coins. Huge gamble that has paid off well so far and will hopefully pay a lot more. Will hopefully be a good 2018

Kicking myself a lot for not investing in this thing sooner. Back in 2013 I was very serious about dumping some money into it and didn't. My only excuse is laziness.

There's probably going to be a small or medium size crash but blockchain as a technology is hard to beat and is here to stay.

9. Likes A8K, TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    I'm a miner. I buy hashing power instead of the coins. Huge gamble that has paid off well so far and will hopefully pay a lot more. Will hopefully be a good 2018

Kicking myself a lot for not investing in this thing sooner. Back in 2013 I was very serious about dumping some money into it and didn't. My only excuse is laziness.

There's probably going to be a small or medium size crash but blockchain as a technology is hard to beat and is here to stay.
    Can you tell us a bit about that end of it. Like how much time you spend and what the rewards are and what kind of software you need?
    BTW today Litecoin is up big. Almost 40%.

Post Thanks / Like
    mining is good if you live a cold place like the canadian tundra.
    it will generate enough heat to keep you warm

https://www.lifewire.com/cryptocoin-...inners-2483064

12. Likes A8K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Can you tell us a bit about that end of it. Like how much time you spend and what the rewards are and what kind of software you need?
    BTW today Litecoin is up big. Almost 40%.
    Mining as an individual is a fool's game. you will barely break even with power-costs and the equipment needed is extremely noisy (lots of fans). There's also the ever rising "Difficulty" (an actual mining factor) as Bitcoin or any other currency becomes more rare. That means your mining equipment is soon going to be incapable of producing enough coins to make up for the costs.

One way to get around it all is to use cloud mining. This way, a company (or a bunch of thieves!) claim to hold a server-room (sometimes huge ones) where your share of computing power (hashing power) is reserved and is rewarded based on the ongoing "Difficulty" rate. It's really a gamble as they can simply take your money and run away, but so far the ponzi has paid some people very handsomely.

14. Likes Zob Ahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know wtf is up with Litecoin but it is up another 56% today.

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost double my money on Litecoin ...
    BT: I dont get cloud mining, IF you have all that computing power, why the FUCK are you selling it? why not mine yourself ?

right now the biggest issue is BUYING bitcoin, almost ALL sites are maxed on to capacity !!!
    Captain, thank you, thank you very much for all these passionate years you have given to your Real Madrid to my Real Madrid. I will not forget you because, among other reasons, I do not want to forget you. No matter where you go know that I love you , Real Madrid loves you. HALA MADRID
    Some find their Mecca in Saudi Arabia, Some in Palestine and some in Vatican, I find mine in Madrid and I call it “The Estadio Santiago Bernabéu”

Post Thanks / Like
    BT: I dont get cloud mining, IF you have all that computing power, why the FUCK are you selling it? why not mine yourself ?

Mining is not a guaranteed way of making profit. Selling "mining contracts" is!

In reality, you're giving them money to expand their infrastructure and add hashing power in the future. You're buying a share of what they have today, so they can invest and buy more.

They make money via the maintenance fees and of course, they have insane amounts of hashing power themselves. It's a win-win for them, but can also be rewarding for their subscribers.

18. Likes TeamMeli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Litecoin is the next big thing. Up 28% today pushing $200.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Litecoin is the next big thing. Up 28% today pushing $200.
    Agreed, added another 5k today ... Hopefully it pays off, I think i am going to be off BTC for a while,

Post Thanks / Like
    Zob: which broker do you use? Coinbase?