Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Where did you see his mom?
    What happens in Vegas ...

2. Likes Zob Ahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    well the semite boycott attempt failed miserably as the venue was
    sold out and the audience went out of their way to show love and
    support for mohsen and his band.the net result was a collective golden shower
    from the crowd for the semites and their stupid tactics and big big publicity
    for mr. yeganeh.his clip has now 15m views on youtube thanks to these
    stupid semites.the joke is totally on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of these new age musicians are very talented, some are average and some are terrible, just like in any other country.
    Artists are free to express their opinions like other segment of the population and as long as they don't promote violence/aggression, I see nothing wrong in it.
    I personally love the music of Hamed Homayoun and think he is extremely talented. My wife loves Yeganeh and Chavoshi. On the other hand, neither of us are fans of anything produced in LA lately. The pop scene in LA hasn't evolved a bit, keep making those tired 6x8 rhythms from the 80's. Just my 2 cents.
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

5. Likes Payandeh Iran, Hooshmand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tajrish View Post
    Some of these new age musicians are very talented, some are average and some are terrible, just like in any other country.
    Artists are free to express their opinions like other segment of the population and as long as they don't promote violence/aggression, I see nothing wrong in it.
    I personally love the music of Hamed Homayoun and think he is extremely talented. My wife loves Yeganeh and Chavoshi. On the other hand, neither of us are fans of anything produced in LA lately. The pop scene in LA hasn't evolved a bit, keep making those tired 6x8 rhythms from the 80's. Just my 2 cents.
    LA scene might be old and tiered. and it is.

but the Iran POP scene is also is not what it was 10 years ago.
    the whole music industry in iran is riddled with intellectual theft from each other and foreign countries.

our music is not separate entity from the rest of our civil society. it produces individual good works here and there.
    but overall just like our society (domestic or abroad) is muddling by.
    “It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong”

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Where did you see his mom?

8. Likes Zob Ahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like his music. He is pretty good.

10. Likes Hooshmand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    I never enjoyed these so called pop music singers coming Iran, i rather to pay double(if i want watch any Persian pop music concert live) for any losangelesi singer than the ones coming from Iran. For number of years some of LA singers kept the persian pop music alive, even suffered and some didn't even have money to pay their rents, hala inaei ke az Iran mian na chak zadan na choune arous omad to khoune. Ye single track dadan biroun kareshon gereft. That is without mentioning the shitty character of most of them.
    I have to disagree with you there. I don't know about Mohsen Yeganeh in particular but in general the pop music coming out of Iran has so much more quality than the sorry irritating sound they call music in LA! The Iran based singers have so much more quality as well, not to talk about their voices which are not comparable to LA singers'.

Now I don't mean LA singers suck per default. There are some good ones there as well but I'm talking in general.

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    I have to disagree with you there. I don't know about Mohsen Yeganeh in particular but in general the pop music coming out of Iran has so much more quality than the sorry irritating sound they call music in LA! The Iran based singers have so much more quality as well, not to talk about their voices which are not comparable to LA singers'.

Now I don't mean LA singers suck per default. There are some good ones there as well but I'm talking in general.
    Take a band like Chaartaar. They are fantastic. No one outside Iran has ever done nything close to what these guys have accomplished music wise. Total class.
    Every man is in certain respects (a) like all other men, (b) like some other men, (c) like no other man.

13. Likes Payandeh Iran, Sly, Hooshmand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pop music, and overall any kind of music coming from either Iran or LA suck badly in last 10 years specially. But singers in LA kept our music alive for many many years, and most of great pop music songs have been done in LA in last 30-40 years, specially between 80 to mid 2000.

Now of course when there are plenty of singers in Iran, in mass-production you will have few good songs also, but overall the music production in Iran is in terrible shape.

There are lots of decent instrument players but it stops there. Not many great songs, and creative composers and singers.

15. Likes Zob Ahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    Pop music, and overall any kind of music coming from either Iran or LA suck badly in last 10 years specially. But singers in LA kept our music alive for many many years, and most of great pop music songs have been done in LA in last 30-40 years, specially between 80 to mid 2000.

Now of course when there are plenty of singers in Iran, in mass-production you will have few good songs also, but overall the music production in Iran is in terrible shape.

There are lots of decent instrument players but it stops there. Not many great songs, and creative composers and singers.
    Well, the singers who sang during the time music was banned in Iran (I wouldn't call them the saviors of our music as music was banned in Iran for only about 10-18 years) and were worth listening to, were mostly our big stars of the pre-revolution era who'd moved to LA. but that's just natural. As you say when you have a huge population with lots of singers, the top ones come up and get widely known, thus you get more quality. As was the case with the pre-revolution top singers and it is with the current top singers inside Iran. But the new-comers in LA, from the 80's until now, as they say, har ki ba nanash ghahr karde oomade khanandeh shode.

But of course the tastes are different.

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tajrish View Post
    Doorood be shoma Tajrish jan you clearly know what you’re talking about.
    IMHO there’s more talent in yeganeh’s
    little finger than all L.A. singers combined.
    Most talented singer outside Iran atm is shadmehr
    and he moved Out of Iran 6 yrs ago.

18. Likes tajrish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshmand View Post
    pretty sure it was more than 10 years. ago.
    but your point is still understood.
    “It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong”

Post Thanks / Like
    Here’re a few quality singers in Iran off the top of my head:
    Sirvan Khosravi, Mohsen Chavoshi, Morteza Pashaei (RIP), Mohsen yeganeh, Behnam Safavi,
    Farhad Farzin, Horoosh Band, Chartaar band, Amin Rostami
    Pouya Bayati, Ehsan Khajeh Amiri, Sina Sarlak, Mehdi Jahani(I think he’s based in Iran)

Sirvan Khosravi’s two new song ‘kheili rooza gozasht’ & ’bargard’
    Modern Persian music at its best no
    LA singer can produce this. LoL at Shapareh brothers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFQRbeFnxfI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iat58noUSqI
    Last edited by Hooshmand; 20-12-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshmand View Post
    Dude. The singers in LA are mostly 60+ and the ones in Iran are younger than 30. Your comparison makes zero sense. Artists are the most creative at 30 years age & under.

22. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the singers who sang during the time music was banned in Iran (I wouldn't call them the saviors of our music as music was banned in Iran for only about 10-18 years) and were worth listening to, were mostly our big stars of the pre-revolution era who'd moved to LA. but that's just natural. As you say when you have a huge population with lots of singers, the top ones come up and get widely known, thus you get more quality. As was the case with the pre-revolution top singers and it is with the current top singers inside Iran. But the new-comers in LA, from the 80's until now, as they say, har ki ba nanash ghahr karde oomade khanandeh shode.

But of course the tastes are different.
    As i said, i don't see any progress in Iranian music overall, either outside or inside, and there is no coincidence that the pop music songs of like Ebi, Dariush, Sattar, Googoosh, Haydeh, etc before revolution and up to mid 2000 is still being played everywhere you go.

Music is matter of taste as you said, personally i am not really enjoying the pop music coming out of Iran, despite lots of resources they have access to.

As i said before, last year i had to go to a Shahdmehr concert(who actually used to be Ok when he was in Iran) and it was total disaster, waste of time and money, no instrument was connected, aval ta akharesh lab khooni bod, he got totally drunk and it got to the point that an old man sitting next to us said, baba in ke dare lab mikhone.

The same night some people who attended his concert attacked his Instagram page, ke felan felan shode ma pol nadidm cassette baraye ma play koni, and he had to close the comment section of his Instagram.