Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    To understand where our music stand in world stage you only have to look at how many international musicians we have and compare it with other nations. Kalhor is one of very very few who gave some credibility to out instrumental music around the world and it kind of stops there which is quite sad. Others either in pop or traditional despite some nice work only limited themselves inside Iran and local audiences.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    To understand where our music stand in world stage you only have to look at how many international musicians we have and compare it with other nations. Kalhor is one of very very few who gave some credibility to out instrumental music around the world and it kind of stops there which is quite sad. Others either in pop or traditional despite some nice work only limited themselves inside Iran and local audiences.
    The singer based in Sweden called Arash
    He’s internationally recognised some of his
    Videos got +60 million views. His latest song
    With snoop dog got 100million views on YouTube he
    has also performed with other stars such as
    Sean Paul.

Mohsen yeganeh’s “behet ghol midam”
    Has over 15m views just look at the comment section
    see how many foreigners have left positive
    Comments.
    Last edited by Hooshmand; 20-12-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Dude. The singers in LA are mostly 60+ and the ones in Iran are younger than 30. Your comparison makes zero sense. Artists are the most creative at 30 years age & under.
    Name me a few upcoming talented LA Singers
    Plz

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshmand View Post
    Name me a few upcoming talented LA Singers
    Plz
    Since singing for a small Iranian community makes very little sense financially you will find nobody. Those guys in Iran make coin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob Ahan View Post
    Since singing for a small Iranian community makes very little sense financially you will find nobody. Those guys in Iran make coin.
    Despite all the restrictions in Iran the lads
    have done very well in the last few yrs.
    Why don’t L.A. singers try to compete with
    Iranian singers and up their games?
    The money is in Europe and North America
    That’s why the likes of Yeganeh come abroad
    Most concerted get cancelled in Iran by
    Idiotic basijis.

6. Likes A8K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sean Paul.
    I was talking about musicians, Arash and like Arash are more like entertainer. I have nothing against them though.

8. Likes A8K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we're mixing up pop music with classical/traditional music.

Most musicians who work on classical/traditional music and are actually educated in it barely make any money.
    If anything Iran is an exception where someone like Shajarian or Nazeri can make quite a bit of money for music that doesn't really have a "pop" sound.
    "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball, he can't tackle, and doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright." Best on Beckham

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
    I think we're mixing up pop music with classical/traditional music.

If anything Iran is an exception where someone like Shajarian or Nazeri can make quite a bit of money for music that doesn't really have a "pop" sound.
    That is not true actually, a lot of countries's folk music musicians or singers make decent money. The issue in 2017 not many singers and for sure Iranians making much money from albums, or even single tracks, it is a way to encourage people to attend their concerts, but then again in traditional music, unless you are Shajarian, Nazeri, Kalhor, Alizadeh usually the average attendances are between 200 to 500 max per concert.

I can talk about traditional music only, but a lot of musicians are making Ok money in Iran by only teaching, because more and more kids play instruments, i actually know few people who decided to quite their full time job to teach music, saying they are making more money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean Paul.

Mohsen yeganeh’s “behet ghol midam”
    Has over 15m views just look at the comment section
    see how many foreigners have left positive
    Comments.
    Yeah, I wouldn't mix Arash with our other singers. He got his contract with Warner Music Sweden, brought up for foreign listeners/audiences as well as Iranians. I wouldn't call him a true "Iranian singer" even though he sings in Persian. His songs are more khareji style.

But I agree with you on some other singers. You see lots of youtube comments from foreigners who praise their songs.

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

12. Likes Hooshmand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    You see lots of youtube comments from foreigners who praise their songs.
    99% of it is purely an attempt by different individuals and in many cases robots to get "likes". You will see the same thing on videos from other countries and even stupid meaningless videos.

14. Likes Zob Ahan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    since this thread was as usual got off road quickly i did a google
    search for 'mohsen yeganeh boycott' to see if there is any news
    to update the thread.but low and behold this thread showed up
    on the first page of the search.hope the semite hit teams are not
    coming after me hehe!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MY_Semite.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	39804  

Post Thanks / Like
    If you dont like his songs / voice, dont listen to him end of story. Some do, some dont!
    Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church
    Captain, thank you, thank you very much for all these passionate years you have given to your Real Madrid to my Real Madrid. I will not forget you because, among other reasons, I do not want to forget you. No matter where you go know that I love you , Real Madrid loves you. HALA MADRID
    Some find their Mecca in Saudi Arabia, Some in Palestine and some in Vatican, I find mine in Madrid and I call it “The Estadio Santiago Bernabéu”

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tajrish View Post
    Take a band like Chaartaar. They are fantastic. No one outside Iran has ever done nything close to what these guys have accomplished music wise. Total class.
    Chartar band screwed up big time here. During their concert in Canada's Calgary, the girls who wanted to take pics with them, were told by them to wear veil. This prompted outrage and many ppl in Toronto who had bought their tix already, boycotted their concert and the venue was half-empty! They learned their lesson for sure!

As for Mohsen Yeganeh, according to this news, the boycott was bc of the insulting word he had used in one of his songs:
    در ترانه محسن یگانه کلمه «کرکس» به عنوان استعاره***ای از یهودی به*** کار رفته است. همچنین این ترانه به ستاره داوود که از دو مثلث تشکیل شده اشاره کرده است و آن را به عنوان نماد ترس و زندان به کار برده است.
    https://www.manoto.news/news/czmjr1/news30036

If this is true, Jewish community had all the right to protest. This is antisemitic and insulting. No matter which religion it is.

khanandehaye Iran az bas beheshoon gir midan baraye mojavez, baad az modati mishan madAh, az oonvare godd mioftan!
    NilouKia

18. Likes Zob Ahan, A8K, Kian Pars liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Niloufar View Post
    Chartar band screwed up big time here. During their concert in Canada's Calgary, the girls who wanted to take pics with them, were told by them to wear veil. This prompted outrage and many ppl in Toronto who had bought their tix already, boycotted their concert and the venue was half-empty! They learned their lesson for sure!

As for Mohsen Yeganeh, according to this news, the boycott was bc of the insulting word he had used in one of his songs:
    در ترانه محسن یگانه کلمه «کرکس» به عنوان استعاره***ای از یهودی به*** کار رفته است. همچنین این ترانه به ستاره داوود که از دو مثلث تشکیل شده اشاره کرده است و آن را به عنوان نماد ترس و زندان به کار برده است.
    https://www.manoto.news/news/czmjr1/news30036

If this is true, Jewish community had all the right to protest. This is antisemitic and insulting. No matter which religion it is.

khanandehaye Iran az bas beheshoon gir midan baraye mojavez, baad az modati mishan madAh, az oonvare godd mioftan!
    Sure, they have the right to protest, so do the poor kids of Syria and Palestine... those people coming out and "protesting" for what he said , do they also come out when Israel kill innocent civilians in west bank?
    Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church
    Captain, thank you, thank you very much for all these passionate years you have given to your Real Madrid to my Real Madrid. I will not forget you because, among other reasons, I do not want to forget you. No matter where you go know that I love you , Real Madrid loves you. HALA MADRID
    Some find their Mecca in Saudi Arabia, Some in Palestine and some in Vatican, I find mine in Madrid and I call it “The Estadio Santiago Bernabéu”

20. Likes A8K, Hooshmand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooya View Post
    Sure, they have the right to protest, so do the poor kids of Syria and Palestine... those people coming out and "protesting" for what he said , do they also come out when Israel kill innocent civilians in west bank?
    There is no question the Israeli regime is riding on the wave of ultra ortodox religious jew, same as in Iran. But I'm sure the majority of people live in Israel want peace.
    The question is did Yeganeh need to insult those people? was he forced to write the song? I'm against any religion but i'm not gonna write a song about it.

22. Likes A8K, Niloufar liked this post