Post Thanks / Like

Three active strikers(Azmoun, Gucci, Ansarifard) among all time top 11 best scorers of TM

Forward is our richest position, add to this list Taremi, Kaveh(who is top scorer of Belgian League).

2. Likes Sly, Payandeh Iran, oghabealborz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ازمون با معدل 78 از دائی هم شمه گلزنیش بالاتره

4. Likes Payandeh Iran, oghabealborz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by General Parsaian View Post
    ازمون با معدل 78 از دائی هم شمه گلزنیش بالاتره
    Well in some cases these ratios are not a good indication, for example Ansarifard played more than half of his caps as substation(10, 15 minutes per match), so he has lower goal/game ratio %. goals/minutes played could have been more accurate thought

6. Likes Hooshmand, Payandeh Iran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    None of these guys will even reach 40 goals by the time they retire. Azmoun might make it to 40 or 45 goals if he's lucky.

Those days are gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    None of these guys will even reach 40 goals by the time they retire. Azmoun might make it to 40 or 45 goals if he's lucky.

Those days are gone.
    LOLL! Typical!!

Because time changed, and you don't see many teams score 5-6 goals against weaker opponents(let alone 17-0 of Maldive lol). That wasn't my point, my point was the depth in forward. Our 3rd choice of striker is a top scorer in Greece and 4th choice(Kaveh) is the top scorer of Belgium league, when was last time this happened?

About none of these guys will reach 40, Gucci will play a year or two so he may score 20 at best, Ansarifard was not getting much of playing time in TM(he may get now with his great season). And i am ready to bet Azmoun will score more than 50 at least, he is 22. Daei at the age of 22 was playing in Taksirani Tehran lol

9. Likes oghabealborz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Babr View Post
    LOLL! Typical!!

Because time changed, and you don't see many teams score 5-6 goals against weaker opponents(let alone 17-0 of Maldive lol). That wasn't my point, my point was the depth in forward. Our 3rd choice of striker is a top scorer in Greece and 4th choice(Kaveh) is the top scorer of Belgium league, when was last time this happened?

About none of these guys will reach 40, Gucci will play a year or two so he may score 20 at best, Ansarifard was not getting much of playing time in TM(he may get now with his great season). And i am ready to bet Azmoun will score more than 50 at least, he is 22. Daei by age of 22 was playing in Taksirani Tehran lol
    Agha, given that CQ has taken 3 forwards to previous world cups with both Iran and South Africa, what do you think are the odds that one of Gucci or Ansarifard won't go?

I consider his forward choices:

1) Azmoun
    2) Taremi (a support striker, true, but still counts as a forward for CQ and the preferred partner thus-far for Azmoun)

Then after that, I genuinely think he will pick maximum 2, possibly even 1, out of Gucci, Ansarifard and Kaveh Rezaei. All three would be great to take but CQ has preferred to stack his teams with defensive players for all tournaments apart from when he coached portugal.

11. Likes Sly, Payandeh Iran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our 3rd choice of striker is a top scorer in Greece and 4th choice(Kaveh) is the top scorer of Belgium league, when was last time this happened?
    Whereas our 1st and 2nd choice strikers are nowhere close to our 3rd and 4th. When was the last time that happened? lol

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post
    Agha, given that CQ has taken 3 forwards to previous world cups with both Iran and South Africa, what do you think are the odds that one of Gucci or Ansarifard won't go?

I consider his forward choices:

1) Azmoun
    2) Taremi (a support striker, true, but still counts as a forward for CQ and the preferred partner thus-far for Azmoun)

Then after that, I genuinely think he will pick maximum 2, possibly even 1, out of Gucci, Ansarifard and Kaveh Rezaei. All three would be great to take but CQ has preferred to stack his teams with defensive players for all tournaments apart from when he coached portugal.
    I think he will take Sardar, Karim and Taremi, because both Taremi and Kaveh can also play as winger in his 4-2-3-1, at some extend Ansarifard also.

Have a feeling Torabi in midfielder will be the extra player this time, after a very promising start in TM his progress kind of stopped after staying in Saipa and Iran, anyway he is still quite young.

I have a feeling our 23 men will be like:

Keepers:

1)Beiranvand
    2)Mazaheri
    3)Hossein Hosseini

Defenders:

4) Jalal
    5)Cheshmi
    6)PAG
    7)Ghafouri
    8)Rezaeian
    9)Majid Hosseini
    10)Milad

Midfielders:

11)Hajsafi
    12)Ebrahimi/Abdollahzadeh
    13)Ezzatollahi
    14)Jahanbakhsh
    15)Shojaei
    16)Dejagah
    17)Ghoddos
    18)Ali Karimi
    19)Amiri

Forwards:

20)Azmoun
    21)Karim
    22)Kaveh
    23)Taremi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Whereas our 1st and 2nd choice strikers are nowhere close to our 3rd and 4th. When was the last time that happened? lol
    All depending on the incoming friendlies, but CQ showed he has been very loyal to the ones who took his team to WC, so Azmoun and Taremi contribution were huge, they for sure have an edge compare to Karim, and Kaveh(despite the latter ones great shape).

Post Thanks / Like
    You may be right, he can't ignore Kaveh after topping the belgian goal charts. And he has always had a love-hate relationship with Gucci, he's the only player i've seen him look angry at from the touchline. He may have to make the touch choice of dropping him. I also think he will take an extra defensive midfielder, 5 of the 9 you have mentioned are attacking players. We saw how ruthlessly he cut out Khalatbari from WC14 and the same i think will happen to one of Masoud or Dejagha.

I'd bet that in their place he would take Imani or Ebrahimi to shore up defensive midfield if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he will take Sardar, Azmoun, Karim and Taremi,
    How can he take the same player twice?

*Your love makes me strong. Your hate makes me unstoppable!
    Ronaldo (The Brazilian)
    *Life is like a roll of toilet paper! The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

17. Likes Babr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    How can he take the same player twice?
    I wanted to make sure you read the whole post

19. Likes Sly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post
    You may be right, he can't ignore Kaveh after topping the belgian goal charts. And he has always had a love-hate relationship with Gucci, he's the only player i've seen him look angry at from the touchline. He may have to make the touch choice of dropping him. I also think he will take an extra defensive midfielder, 5 of the 9 you have mentioned are attacking players. We saw how ruthlessly he cut out Khalatbari from WC14 and the same i think will happen to one of Masoud or Dejagha.

I'd bet that in their place he would take Imani or Ebrahimi to shore up defensive midfield if needed.

He will take 2 Of Karimi, Ebrahimi and Abdollahzadeh.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he will take Sardar, Karim and Taremi, because both Taremi and Kaveh can also play as winger in his 4-2-3-1, at some extend Ansarifard also.

Have a feeling Torabi in midfielder will be the extra player this time, after a very promising start in TM his progress kind of stopped after staying in Saipa and Iran, anyway he is still quite young.

I have a feeling our 23 men will be like:

Keepers:

1)Beiranvand
    2)Mazaheri
    3)Hossein Hosseini Abedzadeh for his European experience

Defenders:

4) Jalal
    5)Cheshmi
    6)PAG
    7)Ghafouri
    8)Rezaeian
    9)Majid Hosseini
    10)Milad

Midfielders:

11)Hajsafi
    12)Ebrahimi/Abdollahzadeh Ebrahimi
    13)Ezzatollahi
    14)Jahanbakhsh
    15)Shojaei Torabi. Unfortunately I think CQ has decided (forced to decide) to leave Masoud out
    16)Dejagah
    17)Ghoddos
    18)Ali Karimi Gucci. I know he isn't a midfield player but CQ won't overlook his experience
    19)Amiri

Forwards:

20)Azmoun
    21)Karim
    22)Kaveh
    23)Taremi
    That's the team I think he'll choose

22. Likes Babr liked this post