Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Travelling to Iran in this period

    Hi all, some advice please.


    Is there anyone who has just travelled or is planning to travel to Iran over the next 2 weeks? I had booked flights to go to Iran for the anniversary of a family loss, just for 4-5 days.


    I was born/raised/live in the west and have never had any problems entering or leaving iran before but things seem potentially volatile at the moment and I'm wondering whether it is worth cancelling my flights?


    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    19,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    General advice, don't go. Specially for the reason you mentioned. My respect to the person you lost and are willing to attend the anniversary but really that is not a reason to make you go. There is no logic at any time in that place. They can and have stopped people for k.. khar reasons in calmer times, let alone now. Unless it is an urgent matter I do not recommend anyone to go there now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    15,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post
    Hi all, some advice please.


    Is there anyone who has just travelled or is planning to travel to Iran over the next 2 weeks? I had booked flights to go to Iran for the anniversary of a family loss, just for 4-5 days.


    I was born/raised/live in the west and have never had any problems entering or leaving iran before but things seem potentially volatile at the moment and I'm wondering whether it is worth cancelling my flights?


    Thanks
    you can always be an unlucky one who gets caught by some over zealous "officer" but in general there should no problem for you.
    I went there couple of times during 1388 and Montazeri's death and did not have any issues.

    It is not really to the Government's interest to disrupt the flow of visitors to their families.
    “It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong”


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Payandeh Iran View Post
    General advice, don't go. Specially for the reason you mentioned. My respect to the person you lost and are willing to attend the anniversary but really that is not a reason to make you go. There is no logic at any time in that place. They can and have stopped people for k.. khar reasons in calmer times, let alone now. Unless it is an urgent matter I do not recommend anyone to go there now.
    Thanks for advice agha

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaharMahal View Post
    I went there couple of times during 1388 and Montazeri's death and did not have any issues.

    It is not really to the Government's interest to disrupt the flow of visitors to their families.
    You may be right agha. I instinctively feel that this protest is much more "hot" than other ones, the only difference is that Tehran itself is comparatively less involved when we compare with 2009. But I can't remember seeing many videos of large photos of khamenei burning, marg bar dictator etc....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moosh jan don't go. IR will start arresting a few dual citizens to see if they are coming for the uprising. You may very well be one of them.
    Last edited by Zob Ahan; 02-01-2018 at 01:52 AM.

  7. Likes Payandeh Iran liked this post
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    DarvAze DoolAb
    Posts
    37,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah this is not the same as 88. No reason to fear going. There's nothing ideological or even political about this conflict. There are no taboos to break anymore and the regime knows it. They don't care.


  9. Likes Mahdi liked this post
  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bache Tehroon View Post
    Nah this is not the same as 88. No reason to fear going. There's nothing ideological or even political about this conflict. There are no taboos to break anymore and the regime knows it. They don't care.
    You are right on Taboos. F**k them.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    negaraan nabash travel kon the airports are open.

    enjoy your time there.

    if you pass by an emaam zadeh and no one is looking az ghole man berin toosh. (make sure you eat a lot of aloo and hooboobat before ke ham chin begoozi ke goosh emaam o peyghambar kar she)
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  12. Likes Toofan liked this post
  13. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just came back from iran yesterday.
    tehran is as safe as houses,at least the uptown part which I
    stayed most of the time.i did not see any demos myself but
    heard they had some student demos last week at tehran university.
    we also went up north for a couple of days but it was before the
    recent protests.
    as far as the rioting goes people blame it on the monafekhs,bahais
    and illegal afghans and arabs that are getting paid by the saudis.
    i can not verify it but that's what i heard.

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,571
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd stay just to be cautious stay away. Right now, damn things are blaming it on foreign countries and when that happens they focus on dual nationals to arrest/blame it on them!
    Send flowers this year, and next year, hopefully we all will go with you to the free country, to pay tribute to your lost one too.
    NilouKia

  15. Likes Dr Strangemoosh liked this post
  16. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    i forgot to mention that while i was in tehran the biggest concern was
    getting tickets to see the musical version of oliver twist in persian.
    it's been playing for a couple weeks and it's all sold out.people will
    do anything to get tickets to that show.

    http://www.irannamayesh.com/theater/...8C%D8%B3%D8%AA

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the Gates of Bernabeu
    Posts
    42,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangemoosh View Post
    Hi all, some advice please.


    Is there anyone who has just travelled or is planning to travel to Iran over the next 2 weeks? I had booked flights to go to Iran for the anniversary of a family loss, just for 4-5 days.


    I was born/raised/live in the west and have never had any problems entering or leaving iran before but things seem potentially volatile at the moment and I'm wondering whether it is worth cancelling my flights?


    Thanks
    .
    .
    .
    I ain't no chicken but I'd wait a bit longer. Going to Iran is like a Russian roulette these days, you can get yanked but someone at the airport and then etc .... unless your presence is a must

  18. Likes Dr Strangemoosh liked this post
  19. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I cancelled my flights. I'm not going to Iran to watch entertainment but for the anniversary of loved one's passing away, and I know that they wouldn't want me to come in the current situation.

  20. #15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
    Posts
    19,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy View Post
    i just came back from iran yesterday.
    tehran is as safe as houses,at least the uptown part which I
    stayed most of the time.i did not see any demos myself but
    heard they had some student demos last week at tehran university.
    we also went up north for a couple of days but it was before the
    recent protests.
    as far as the rioting goes people blame it on the monafekhs,bahais
    and illegal afghans and arabs that are getting paid by the saudis.
    i can not verify it but that's what i heard.
    i wish you had stayed.
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

  21. Likes Payandeh Iran liked this post
 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •