Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK. Since Meehandoost is not providing a straight answer, I am going to provide this answer from Bahaiteachings.org.

http://bahaiteachings.org/is-the-bahai-faith-islam-lite

"One upfront caveat, however: I make no claim to any erudite scholarship in this area. I’ve been a Baha’i for almost fifty years, and as a Baha’i I’ve studied all of the major global Faiths including Islam—but I do not possess a great deal of scholarly expertise in Islamic theology, jurisprudence and law. Hopefully, those who do will weigh in as we publish the articles in this series, and contribute to the dialogue.

I will say, however, that I have great respect for all the Muslims I know, and as a Baha’i I believe Muhammad was a prophet of God and the Qur’an a Holy Book. I love and respect Muhammad and his teachings, as all Baha’is do.

That’s because Baha’u’llah—who came from a Muslim background, just as Christ came from a Jewish heritage—specifically honored Muhammad and his teachings. Baha’is see Islam as the parent religion of their Faith, in the same way Judaism gave birth to Christianity. Since Baha’u’llah’s teachings emerged from a Muslim culture and its mystical Sufi belief system, the Baha’i Faith and Islam have some similarities—they both believe in one God, in the validity and exalted station of the religions that came before, and in the sacred nature of the human soul. However, the Baha’i Faith differs significantly from Islam, especially as Islam is practiced today. Let’s take a look, in a general way, at those similarities and differences. First, the Baha’i teachings say that the “whole world” should “acknowledge the greatness of Muhammad and all the Heaven-sent Teachers:

So, as far as I know, and what we have above, Bahaie's do accept Mohammad as a prophet and accept Quran as a holy book, etc. They have my respect as individuals, but I have no respect for their ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, please keep in mind that there are other things going on in people's lives other than this forum; plus it's only been 24 hours!!

At any rate, Keyvan jaan, I already gave an answer. The prime directive of this world is freedom to choose, even the choice to accept or deny God. If God directed everything then there would be no merit in anything we do. There may be worlds like that where we grow spiritually based on God's mercy alone, but that world is not this one. In this world we grow based on our own actions and their merit. The same way that you correctly take issue with some and say that there is no savior who is going to come and fix everything, but we have to do it; I'm afraid the same applies here. We grow based on our actions, and so do others. Unfortunately one becomes an oppressive tyrant, and one becomes a cause of fellowship and unity; all is within our grasp. Of course God will deal with both to punish or reward them in His own way and time, spiritually (not zeros in their bank account)! I hope it clarifies the issue. This is what Baha'i faith teaches. Those that confess their faith to Baha'ullah know this and have accepted it. Baha'is become Baha'is not to reach salvation or improve their own lives, rather to improve the lives of all people.

Ardesheer jaan (love that name by the way!), of course Baha'is accept Muhammad to have been a messenger of God, and Quran the holy book that he brought for that time and its challenges, as they do with Moses, Christ, Zoroaster, Krishna and Buddha. However, Baha'is are not Muslims, or a branch of it. They accept and honor each messenger of God in the context of his time. They do not practice, nor condone or accept many Islamic social teachings as they have been abrogated by Bábi teachings and again by Baha'u'llah who adopted some of the Bábi teachings and changed others. Baha'is believe that all revelations (religions) are like various chapters of one divine book; they are all related but also independent. They are like lamps that carry the divine light in them for a period. With time the light is transferred from one lamp to the next. We must be followers of the light not the lamp.

At the same time, to judge Islamic teachings by today's standards is as wrong as trying to still practice them, because they were not meant to endure beyond the next revelation. No revelation, including the Baha'i faith, is forever. Religious truths are relative not absolute. The only absolute truth according to Baha'i teachings is God Himself, all other things, including religious truths are relative and temporary because they have been brought for humanity. As humanity grows and evolves, so too its needs for spiritual education. We can debate forever about Islamic teachings and their benefit, but when one believes that Islamic laws have been abrogated and no longer applicable to our time and its challenges, there is no point. This was one of the many religious truths that the Báb elucidated, the end of Days or Qiamat, He mentioned that it simply was the end of one dispensation and the coming of a new manifestation and dispensation by Whose teachings the spiritually dead would be resurrected and their faith renewed. I hope it is clear, but I am happy to elaborate further if you wish.
    شکرشکن شوندهمه طوطیان هند، زین قند پارسی که به بنگاله میرود

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meehandoost View Post
    Guys, please keep in mind that there are other things going on in people's lives other than this forum; plus it's only been 24 hours!!

Ardesheer jaan (love that name by the way!), of course Baha'is accept Muhammad to have been a messenger of God, and Quran the holy book that he brought for that time and its challenges, as they do with Moses, Christ, Zoroaster, Krishna and Buddha. However, Baha'is are not Muslims, or a branch of it. They accept and honor each messenger of God in the context of his time. They do not practice, nor condone or accept many Islamic social teachings as they have been abrogated by Bábi teachings and again by Baha'u'llah who adopted some of the Bábi teachings and changed others. Baha'is believe that all revelations (religions) are like various chapters of one divine book; they are all related but also independent. They are like lamps that carry the divine light in them for a period. With time the light is transferred from one lamp to the next. We must be followers of the light not the lamp.

At the same time, to judge Islamic teachings by today's standards is as wrong as trying to still practice them, because they were not meant to endure beyond the next revelation. No revelation, including the Baha'i faith, is forever. Religious truths are relative not absolute. The only absolute truth according to Baha'i teachings is God Himself, all other things, including religious truths are relative and temporary because they have been brought for humanity. As humanity grows and evolves, so too its needs for spiritual education. We can debate forever about Islamic teachings and their benefit, but when one believes that Islamic laws have been abrogated and no longer applicable to our time and its challenges, there is no point. This was one of the many religious truths that the Báb elucidated, the end of Days or Qiamat, He mentioned that it simply was the end of one dispensation and the coming of a new manifestation and dispensation by Whose teachings the spiritually dead would be resurrected and their faith renewed. I hope it is clear, but I am happy to elaborate further if you wish.
    I know Baha'is are not Muslims. Same as Muslims not being Christians but accepting Jesus and Moses. My point is that I do not accept the proposition that Mohammad was a good person at all. It has nothing to do with the time e was living in. Murder was not acceptable at the time of Mohammad, and many other things that he did, let alone the fact that you should expect more from a person who claims to be a messenger of God, rather than justifying his actions for his time. How come others at his time and place were more civil than him? I just wanted it to make clear that, and I understand you agree 100%, Bahai's believe that Mohammad was a prophet, and Quran is the word of God. If this were not the case, I might have looked at Bahai religion for more info, but it will be a waste of time, since it has a fundamental issue in my eyes for the reasons above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardesheer View Post
    I know Baha'is are not Muslims. Same as Muslims not being Christians but accepting Jesus and Moses. My point is that I do not accept the proposition that Mohammad was a good person at all. It has nothing to do with the time e was living in. Murder was not acceptable at the time of Mohammad, and many other things that he did, let alone the fact that you should expect more from a person who claims to be a messenger of God, rather than justifying his actions for his time. How come others at his time and place were more civil than him? I just wanted it to make clear that, and I understand you agree 100%, Bahai's believe that Mohammad was a prophet, and Quran is the word of God. If this were not the case, I might have looked at Bahai religion for more info, but it will be a waste of time, since it has a fundamental issue in my eyes for the reasons above.
    asan mohammad was a beautiful, peaceful person.
    didn't he say to submit to allah. that makes him a delusional good person. he thrived to create more slaves (by more i mean to add to the ranks of already slaved christians and jews before the new recruits of heaven).

plain slavery, with shackled, masters and plantations.

I wonder if Iranians have a case of suing ISLAM in the international court in the Hague. If jews can get money out of Germany for holocaust why can't Iranians get money out of KINGDOM OF HEYVOON ARABIA for islam (Iranian holocaust)
    holiness is in the right action not in god .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345