Thoughts on Beiranvand

Oct 18, 2010
he can not do any worse than what liverpool has now judging by
their last outing.
his penalty save against portugal was tantamount to a goal for iran.
that was a huge play.it basically killed portugal's momentum and killed
their spirits for the rest of the match.enough to say that after that save
portugal players were so unhinged that they got 3 yellow cards and had
no more scoring chances.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I am not sure how they got there.
he had no 1 on one situations. and did not do so well on a few crosses.

He did really well in game restarts though.

Nov 29, 2002
I can watch this penalty again and again. Look at how far behind the line he starts, then goes even further back. Then shimmies forward on Ronaldo's run up. Ronaldo's shot actually has a huge amount of power on it but Alireza gives the illusion of it being a bad kick because of the momentum with which he grasps it.
Amazing penalty save

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I can watch this penalty again and again. Look at how far behind the line he starts, then goes even further back. Then shimmies forward on Ronaldo's run up. Ronaldo's shot actually has a huge amount of power on it but Alireza gives the illusion of it being a bad kick because of the momentum with which he grasps it.
Amazing penalty save

That's what I always liked about him ,his attitude and confidence .

Here he is ,against one of the best players in the world and psyched him up with his footwork and movement on the line and it paid off ,Ronaldo hit it where he wanted it and he was there stretching to his left and saved it !

He got millions of people on their feet praising him when he saved that penalty ,far more than 80 million Iranians .

Nov 29, 2002
2019 Coppa Italia final - Beiranvand in goal for Atalanta.

Cristiano steps up for a Juventus penalty.

Suddenly, Alireza shouts "chetori.... c-risssssssss"

Ronaldo's legs turn to jelly and he skies the penalty

Beiranvand's nose is given the freedom of the city. Ronaldo calls Badr in a flood of tears and plans his next surrogate.

2019 Coppa Italia final - Beiranvand in goal for Atalanta.

Cristiano steps up for a Juventus penalty.

Suddenly, Alireza shouts "chetori.... c-risssssssss"

Ronaldo's legs turn to jelly and he skies the penalty

Beiranvand's nose is given the freedom of the city. Ronaldo calls Badr in a flood of tears and plans his next surrogate.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:استاد کلا رد دادیا

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Kasra jan, ashk ro hame mitoonan berizan. Even Khiabani! It's what you do that counts.

I don't put so much weight on tears in official TV channels, specially in Iran! Nowadays, everyone cries in an attempt to raise public emotions in that country. Even if their name is Beyranvand and have gone through hell in their lives. I think it's a very lame way of getting attention.

حالا هی این آدمین‌های سایت بگن آقای کسرا بیرانوند خودش یک ترد مخصوص به خودشو داره باز کسرا میاد یک ترد جدید باز می‌کنه . پدر جان بعدشم %۹۵ بازیکنای آمریکای جنوبی و مرکزی تو فقر و کثافت بزرگ شدن و به تیمهای بزرگ جهان رفتن مثل مارادونا، مثل آدریانو ، مثل ربینهو و هزاران نفر دیگه . حالا این هی میاد گریه می‌کنه ، برو خدا رو شکر کن تو این زمان بازیکن شدی که میلیارد میگیری ، اگر ۳۰ سال پیش بود که گوزم کف دستت نمیذاشتن. خدا بیامرز مجید سبزی تو خط کرایه کار میکرد آخرشم سکته کرد مرد. حالا تو هی بیا زار بزن. یکی باید به حال اون ۸۰ میلیون زار بزنه

Nov 29, 2002
Alireza Beiranvand rated 8.67. Highest rated player by quite a way

World Cup 2018 player ratings: marks for every single performance in Russia

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y_to_clipboard

1. Alireza Beiranvand, goalkeeper 8.67 (8, 9, 9)

Iran’s goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand had an excellent World Cup and was unfortunate to concede against Spain.
    Iran’s goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand had an excellent World Cup and was unfortunate to concede against Spain. Photograph: Luis Acosta/AFP/Getty Images
    Ehsan Hajsafi, midfielder 7.33 (8, 7, 7)

Omid Ebrahimi, midfielder 7.33 (7, 7, 8)

Karim Ansarifard, forward 7.33 (7, 7, 8)

Vahid Amiri, forward 7.33 (7, 8, 7)

Morteza Pouraliganji, defender 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Saman Ghoddos, midfielder 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Mehdi Taremi, forward 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Alireza Jahanbakhsh, forward 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Sardar Azmoun, forward 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Ramin Rezaeian, defender 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Milad Mohammadi, defender 7.0 (–, 7, 7)

Saeid Ezatolahi, midfielder 7.0 (–, 7, 7)

Roozbeh Cheshmi, defender 7.0 (7, –, –)

Pejman Montazeri, defender 7.0 (7, –, –)

Majid Hosseini, defender 7.0 (–, 7, 7)

Masoud Shojaei, midfielder 6.0 (6, –, –)​

Edit Post

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Alireza Beiranvand rated 8.67. Highest rated player by quite a way

World Cup 2018 player ratings: marks for every single performance in Russia​

1. Alireza Beiranvand, goalkeeper 8.67 (8, 9, 9)

Iran’s goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand had an excellent World Cup and was unfortunate to concede against Spain.
    Iran’s goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand had an excellent World Cup and was unfortunate to concede against Spain. Photograph: Luis Acosta/AFP/Getty Images
    Ehsan Hajsafi, midfielder 7.33 (8, 7, 7)

Omid Ebrahimi, midfielder 7.33 (7, 7, 8)

Karim Ansarifard, forward 7.33 (7, 7, 8)

Vahid Amiri, forward 7.33 (7, 8, 7)

Morteza Pouraliganji, defender 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Saman Ghoddos, midfielder 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Mehdi Taremi, forward 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Alireza Jahanbakhsh, forward 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Sardar Azmoun, forward 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Ramin Rezaeian, defender 7.0 (7, 7, 7)

Milad Mohammadi, defender 7.0 (–, 7, 7)

Saeid Ezatolahi, midfielder 7.0 (–, 7, 7)

Roozbeh Cheshmi, defender 7.0 (7, –, –)

Pejman Montazeri, defender 7.0 (7, –, –)

Majid Hosseini, defender 7.0 (–, 7, 7)

Masoud Shojaei, midfielder 6.0 (6, –, –)​

Edit Post

Iran has a much better rating than most teams listed in the tournament. To the eye of the viewers they played excellent and for that got the marks. Dameh Beiranvand garm to have the highest rating than any player in the WC! We were all very worried about him before the tournment. But CQ and the coaching staff really got him ready psychologically and with his exits and what a goalie be became. I hope to see him for a long long time defending Iran's goal.

Dec 30, 2014
Iran has a much better rating than most teams listed in the tournament. To the eye of the viewers they played excellent and for that got the marks. Dameh Beiranvand garm to have the highest rating than any player in the WC! We were all very worried about him before the tournment. But CQ and the coaching staff really got him ready psychologically and with his exits and what a goalie be became. I hope to see him for a long long time defending Iran's goal.
I admit I am one of the people who thought Beira was not mentally ready and would have liked to see someone else. I can say that I was absolutely wrong. He had a couple of key saves that kept Iran from falling behind and in general exhibited excellent performance.

Nov 24, 2002
He was quite solid in WC but i don't get some of these rating. I read somewhere he was rated higher than LIoris who made some unreal saves in quarter and semi.
Again i don't want take anything away from him but remember Haghighi was also solid 4 years ago in WC and now has hard time to find a club even in Iran or Rahman Ahmadi. Alot of it has to do with our system, it really helps keeper whether you called Beiro, Haghighi, Rahmati or whoever.
Let see if he can be consistent which always was his issue...

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You guys realize that the rating in Guarding is made by their readers' votes, right? How many of them were Iranians and started the usual online mafia voting, we never know. ;) Just saying.....