تبلیغ قدیمی خاور در آلمان

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Turning on those Auto English Translated subtitles is pretty good.

interesting how in iran the Dump truck and variant became so popular

Old Iranian National Bus on Romanian Roads. Apparently, back in Communist days Romanians could enjoy german buses via re-importing them from Iran.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
The one you posted was not called "Khavar". That platform was mostly used as mini-bus transports and they were quite well-made. The next bigger version (813) was imported as "Khavar" and used as transport trucks.
This is a variant of 813 (called Khavar in Iran):
The mini-bus platform was much better than that FIAT bullshit they later imported from Italy.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
So does that mean Iran Khodro Actually "produces" 2 different Chassis?

I can see that the minibus was a truck platform (seems like in Europe people used it as motor homes quite a bit). the suspension was really tough and actually was well suited for iran's shitty roads.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Yes, there was the 613 and the 813. I very much doubt after 45-50 years Iran Khodro has managed to produce a single bolt of it. It's all imported from all over the place.

I don't think Mercedes produces tough stuff anymore. When they do, the prices are outrageous and the maintenance costs are criminal. I find ordinary Ford platforms tougher and more economical.