خاك تو سر مايلى كوهن و خاكپور

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This is where those young kids could have gained some international experience and helped TM but they have no shame and criticize TM for not doing much.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Only very few players from that team will be remembered sadly, Mehdi Torabi, Ali Karimi, Ehsan Pahlevan, Milad Mohammadi maybe!

It was a decent U23 squad which coaching was main issue.

btw, People who bashed Iraq, they gave Denmark really hard time, they should have won the first game instead of getting only a draw.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Iraq always had a good core of talents, i remember few months after war with us they did pretty well in Olympics, Iraq main issue is like Iran, talent is there but development was always an issue and that is why their success in youth level doesn't continue often in senior level, they play emotional football a bit like us.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Iraq always had a good core of talents, i remember few months after war with us they did pretty well in Olympics, Iraq main issue is like Iran, talent is there but development was always an issue and that is why their success in youth level doesn't continue often in senior level, they play emotional football a bit like us.
are you suggesting Iraq has more talent than Iran had this time ?

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
اينقدر ابادانيا گفتن ابادان برزليته، برزيل ابادان شد

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
are you suggesting Iraq has more talent than Iran had this time ?
I don't know Iraqi players, but their record in U-23 is pretty good, i guess this is like 3rd Olympic participation for Iraq in last 20 years while we didn't make it in last 40 years, their issue is same talents fail to develop when they play for senior team.

Iran in other hand had probably best squad in last 10-15 years(since Mobali and Kazemian generation), but as i said, coaching was main issue, they had a decent preparation also.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Lets put it this way, Iran u-23 for first time had a team that majority of their players were not only starters in their clubs but also key players, probably first time ever i saw such a thing, players like, Akhabri, Kananizadegan, Milad and Mehrdad Mohamamdi, Torabi, Pahlevan, Ali Karimi, Mohsen Karimi were all invited to senior team by CQ in last year or so and some are key players for even senior team, you can add few others like Noroullahi, Naghizadeh, Arsalan Mottahari, Saghebi, Daneshgar, Kamandani, Farshid Esmaili and the list goes on and on.

Almost 9-10 players are part of CQ team, imagine how these kids could have developped if we could make it to Rio.

Also another important issue was federation failed to get permission by respective clubs to have Ezzatollahi, Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh, 3 European legionnaires, for this tournament while Japan had all their legionnaires. This could have made a huge difference, these are 3 key players for even A team.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
To be fair they got really really lucky against Brazil, Brazil should have scored 6-7 goals at least, but they played well against Denmark.

http://video.varzesh3.com/video/120932/خلاصه-بازی-برزیل-0-0-عراق
Bro, do you watch the news? do you know what is going on in IRAQ ?

we might not have had the perfect coach,but our issue is our players are KOON GOSHAD, they much prefer to play in UAE or Qatar league than Europe,
they dont really give a shit about Team Melli, they care about money more, again i repeat, Iranians are the MOST TAZAHORI country i seen,

CHO IRAN NABASHAD TANE MAN NABASH, zer mizanim, when it comes to action, mirim zire patoo ghayem mishim.

az hame chiz eerad migirim, vaghti migim, to yekari kon, komak kon, bahso avaz mikonim ... but we waste NO TIME shitting on other nationalities including Arabs and Afghanis....

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Bro, do you watch the news? do you know what is going on in IRAQ ?

we might not have had the perfect coach,but our issue is our players are KOON GOSHAD, they much prefer to play in UAE or Qatar league than Europe,
they dont really give a shit about Team Melli, they care about money more, again i repeat, Iranians are the MOST TAZAHORI country i seen,

CHO IRAN NABASHAD TANE MAN NABASH, zer mizanim, when it comes to action, mirim zire patoo ghayem mishim.

az hame chiz eerad migirim, vaghti migim, to yekari kon, komak kon, bahso avaz mikonim ... but we waste NO TIME shitting on other nationalities including Arabs and Afghanis....
I am first one to say they are doing really well in youth level, yes, despite all problems and hats off to them. They really play for their pride.

I agree with most part of your post other than players prefer money over career in Europe, yes it is true at some extend because when you have a league that pay minimum of 150k to average players, many would prefer to play at home instead of playing for probably less in some European leagues, but TM right now as we talk, we have 10 players in European leagues, first time since early 2000. So your argument about this issue is wrong man.

We have like Azmoun, Ezzatollahi, Jahanbakhsh who moved to Europe at age of 18-19, then Milad Mohammadi, Ali Karimi at 21, Add to that few others like Ansarifard, Shojaei, Shahbazzadeh, Haghighi and Reza Ghoochannejad.

Most of these kids could earn way more(when they moved to Europe) in local league but they decided to have career in Europe, i was reading somewhere JB first salary was around 200k in NEC in Holland and he could have made 3 times more in Iran or right now Shojaei is making around 200k in Greece League while he could make way more back home.
So your negativity about players and people don't give a shit about TM is wrong, you may not, but player and people still do! :)

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I am first one to say they are doing really well in youth level, yes, despite all problems and hats off to them. They really play for their pride.

I agree with most part of your post other than players prefer money over career in Europe, yes it is true at some extend because when you have a league that pay minimum of 150k to average players, many would prefer to play at home instead of playing for probably less in some European leagues, but TM right now as we talk, we have 10 players in European leagues, first time since early 2000. So your argument about this issue is wrong man.

We have like Azmoun, Ezzatollahi, Jahanbakhsh who moved to Europe at age of 18-19, then Milad Mohammadi, Ali Karimi at 21, Add to that few others like Ansarifard, Shojaei, Shahbazzadeh, Haghighi and Reza Ghoochannejad.

Most of these kids could earn way more(when they moved to Europe) in local league but they decided to have career in Europe, i was reading somewhere JB first salary was around 200k in NEC in Holland and he could have made 3 times more in Iran or right now Shojaei is making around 200k in Greece League while he could make way more back home.
So your negativity about players and people don't give a shit about TM is wrong, you may not, but player and people still do! :)
Sorry, u r right. the issue here is i dont consider Greece and Russia much different than Qatar and UAE.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Sorry, u r right. the issue here is i dont consider Greece and Russia much different than Qatar and UAE.
Russia is 7th best league in Europe. Greece is top 10. How come you don't consider them better than Qatar and UAE?
The minimum is these kids can play few games a year against like Spartak, Zenit, CSKA, Olympia, Panathina, AEK, PAOK, so are you telling me these teams are not better than Al-X or Al-Y?!?! and as we talk we have only 3 players in Arab leagues(dejagah, montazeri and pouraliganji)

On top of that, majority of these players are under 23, and can still move to better leagues(like JB, Ezzatollahi, Azmoun, Mohammadi, Karimi, etc)

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
I disagree that players don't care about TM .I heard from an ex national player ( who said no to TM after only two years ,don't want to name him ) that the reason he refused to be part of TM was the atmosphere around the team felt like being in jail . They were guarded by TM police 24/7 . They could never feel relaxed and couldn't focus well . Had to watch their backs all the times and were always uncertain to behave normally .
They loved The national jersey but it was hard to give 100% .

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Nov 29, 2002
Iraq's olympic pedigree is much better than Iran's over the last 10 years. And our talents are just that at the moment, they are a long way to become end products.