من كافرم

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
As usual and true to form, you oversimplify every argument to fit your conclusions. Nothing new there.
No one denied the influence of religion in our society and culture. That is part of the woven fabric of Iranian culture and society. Islam has inherently shaped many aspects of our lives, mostly in a negative manner. Here is why your argument is totally flawed:
Firstly, what you are saying about the Iranian revolution is absolutely incorrect. People didn't pour to the streets to demand more islam in their lives. It is simply not true. The slogans chanted by millions were about freedom and independence, self-governing and social justice. Students, progressive and leftist all united toward that common goal. Blame islam all you want but it wasn't the religion that motivated the masses to go to demonstrations. Yes, there were elements of the islamists that also participated but the vast majority didn't even have a clue about what islam is and what an islamic government would do to their lives. Hijab and other crap came well after the Shah's departure, when Khomeini had absolute power.
Baazam harfe birabt. To underline the facts i even posted some pictures and most of them are from the first raah peymaaii in tehran. Khomeini was not in Iran yet and people were chanting and begging for hokoomate eslami as its clearly visible on those pice. Those were hundreds of thousends and later on became millions who clearly asked for more islam and showed it on their slogans. Millions were about to namaaz khooni on the streets and infront of mosques day in and day out across the country. Hejaab came on later? Hundreds of thousends of khaale sooske hit the streets with their black chadors all over the country in support of hokoomate eslami. Baba to key mikhaay bas koni? Enghad chert o pert tahvile mardom nade.

You also miss the point I brought up about the Germans and Japanese (again, true to your style). A society has the capability to repair itself, change and move on in a new direction in a relatively quick fashion. That's the point. The same people who were chanting "Javeed Shah" were chanting "Allah-o-Akbar" a year later. These same people will again pour to the streets and overthrow IR, if given the opportunity. So, this whole scenario is not about religion.
What point baba? I am still waiting for one single valid point made by you. THere is none. nothing, zero. German, italian and japanese society first of all had a strong cultural, social and economical backbone without any major religious issues and even then they never "repaired" themselves. They had to be destroyed by a gigantic millitary foreign force to make them sit down and start again. Without that foreign force, germans would rule half the world and the other half would be ruled by the japanese. Irans societies biggest issue is of religious nature, according to your own first posts and a religious issue of this kind is a lot more difficult to fight than the issues of germans and japanese. Infact not even an a-bomb would make iranians abondan their islam. Btw, it actually fits your state of mind that you consider those saying javeed shah today and allah o akbar tomorrow, kind of a repair action instead of seeing it as it is which is a badbakhti of its own. Is this really your ideal society? A society inwhich those sepahis of today are your suit and tie wearing brothers of tomorrow just because the change of times?
Iran's problem could easily be fixed in a generational shift, just like it could happen in any other nation. Today's Iranians are really sick of all these religious non-sense and understand very well that religion has no place in their government. After IR, you will witness a similar destruction that happened to the Nazism and fascists after the ww2. It takes time, but it will happen, regardless of 1400 years of Islam.
Irans problems lies in taaro poode mellat since at least 500 years and is not to solve in at least the next 200 years.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
And for every picture you posted above, I could post a picture of people kissing Shah's hand and celebrating his birthday on the streets. Same numbers, same people.
Che rabti daare? lol Who cares when millions hit the streets and ask for more islam and for a mullah to lead them?

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
I am not here to win an argument with you. You think the revolution was because people were demanding more Islam in their daily lives and I say that the revolution had nothing to do with Islam but was hi-jacked by it. We can argue this point till we both are black and blue.
You say that because of Islam, our society cannot change, and I say that any society can change, if the circumstances/right contexts are provided.
Let's agree to disagree and move on.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Wishful thinking on your part after reading some random comments online and interacting with your relatives. It's not like that at all.
It's your opinion and that can be debated, but in lack of real statistics, neither of us can be proven right or wrong. Imo, the majority of the silent, non-voting public and the young generation are fed up. Of course, the regime has its supporters that are either economically motivated or ideologically attached to the IR, however, they are by far the minority. They are also the loudest because they are given the stage and the media at the free will of the government.