پنجمين و ششمين هواپیمای برجامی

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Lovely new paint work too ....I like those sleek lines underneath the fuselage .

Another 14 to be delivered of this type ....much better than those Russian Taapaalehs ...:)l

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
turboprop jets ? why ? lol
Because they make much more sense than expensive jets for short flights in Iran. They make flying affordable and accessible to a much bigger population than just big cities with big airports. The longest flight in Iran takes 1.5 hours.

Iran is in bad need of thousands of airstrips in rural areas. Air travel can in many ways prevent the migration of rural population to cities. Exactly how it did in USA and England.

Because they make much more sense than expensive jets for short flights in Iran. They make flying affordable and accessible to a much bigger population than just big cities with big airports. The longest flight in Iran takes 1.5 hours.

Iran is in bad need of thousands of airstrips in rural areas. Air travel can in many ways prevent the migration of rural population to cities. Exactly how it did in USA and England.

If you're talking about (RJ) Regional jets then I think Iran was in negotiation with bombardier at one point . they are known for Short Range jets like this RJ 200 ... I guess turboprops are still high in maintenance and less safer regardless of their size.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com

If you're talking about (RJ) Regional jets then I think Iran was in negotiation with bombardier at one point . they are known for Short Range jets like this RJ 200 ... I guess turboprops are still high in maintenance and less safer regardless of their size.
No. Regional jets for a country like Iran are more expensive to purchase, maintain and probably less safe than propelled planes (in Iran).

Regional jets like Bombardier's RJ series still require expensive runways, more sophisticated maintenance facilities and more fuel. Iran does not have enough of any of them.

The only advantage of a jet vs. propeller is speed and with fucked up airport wait-times of these days, it makes little difference over short distances. I fly to Boston frequently and it takes pretty much the same amount of time to go with either plane. Most of my time is wasted on bullshit airport waits.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Another 14 to be delivered of this type ....
Actually I think it's another 16. From what I read only 4 of this type have been delivered.

It's gonna go fast though. They are supposed to deliver an ATR 72 plane every 2 months.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

ATR planes are actually among the safest and least costly planes out there. It's being used regularly in many modern airports.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Actually I think it's another 16. From what I read only 4 of this type have been delivered.

It's gonna go fast though. They are supposed to deliver an ATR 72 plane every 2 months.
4 had been delivered plus this 2 out of 20 ordered leaves another 14 ...unless they are different types that I am not aware of ...

I would love to fly with one of these to Raamsar or Isfahan ......:)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
4 had been delivered plus this 2 out of 20 ordered leaves another 14 ...unless they are different types that I am not aware of ...

I would love to fly with one of these to Raamsar or Isfahan ......:)
I think they are 4 ATR 72s including these two. Now 7 airplanes in total.

But I think these planes are intended for smaller airports. Probably Raamsar or even smaller. To Esfahan you will probably have to go with an airbus.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I think they are 4 ATR 72s including these two. Now 7 airplanes in total.

But I think these planes are intended for smaller airports. Probably Raamsar or even smaller. To Esfahan you will probably have to go with an airbus.
I take the train to Esfahan ,apparently they are good and would be good opportunity to view the country side ...

Won't get a ticket for an aeroplane ...I got time to get a fast train !:)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I take the train to Esfahan ,apparently they are good and would be good opportunity to view the country side ...

Won't get a ticket for an aeroplane ...I got time to get a fast train !:)
Well, they are upgrading Iran's railway system with the help of Germany/Italy. Hopefully we'll get fast trains in many different routes in Iran. Then I might join you! ;)