1 dollar = 4800 goozman

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
14000 and lowering .. 12500 some street rates..

Sounds like bank markazi may actively do 'something' as given control by parliment.. idea is to distribute foreign currency thru 11 banks.. all of the sudden dollar around 10000 or below looks attractive.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
14000 and lowering .. 12500 some street rates..

Sounds like bank markazi may actively do 'something' as given control by parliment.. idea is to distribute foreign currency thru 11 banks.. all of the sudden dollar around 10000 or below looks attractive.
Another hilarious attempt at delaying the inevitable. Unbelievable how easily and how frequently the masses fall for it.

Foreign currency is on sale in Iran at the moment (in Rial terms). The fools selling their dollars these days will be crying.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
In no way this makes sense at all. The shit show and the amount of factors contributing is so mounting that no one can actually come up with the real price. One must be out their minds to think dollar will not shoot up again with the new sanctions in place to hit in November.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ scenario is buy low sell hi.. so bank markazi is willing to buy citizen's hard earned/purchased dollars at 9000 toman a pop..

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
i tried to tell the novice and the uninitiated that there is no
economic reason for $$$ to shoot up like it did in the past
3 months against the iranian rial.but nobody wanted to
hear it since it did not fit their political agenda.
i was in iran about 40 days ago and it was pretty clear that the
exchange rates were being 'engineered'.heck when I saw petrol
was still selling at 10000 rials per liter when the exchange rate
had shot up by 100% i knew this won't last.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
novice??? why don't you go and play with your tank toys and pictures of basij an soleimani.. leave this to grown ups.

Oh and yes crush some tomatoes to relive modern day karbala experience too..

What a bunch of fucking theatrics and brain washed brainless basij.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
For all the fake media stories and IRIB theatrics of the past few days, US dollar stands firmly at 15000 toman and poised to make substantial jumps as the propaganda bubble bursts.

For those who claim there was no fundamental reason for Rial to get devalued in the past few months, the counter argument is: There was absolutely no fundamental reason for Rial to hold its value either. Rial has no true backing other than a volatile and clearly dispensable oil industry. Iran's labor force holds little value to international trade, its intellectual-property holdings are exactly ZERO and its minuscule exports of non-oil products mean little. There's also enough Rial to cover the milky-way with multiple layers of useless paper.

If you care about someone living in Iran, beg them to convert as much Rial as possible to foreign currency. They will thank you later.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
with all due respect and the info you have shared, there's no way dollar is based on any sense these days, I have no doubt that even under stable condition dollar may be valued at around $10 (just a wild ass guess of 2.5+ times the prior stable rate) .

IMO there's demand and theres a lot of ppl who want to flip so it's being priced based on max pain minimal bleeding these days and it's being priced by one entity, not general consensus and demand.

nobody is "raising" the price of dollar.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
with all due respect and the info you have shared, there's no way dollar is based on any sense these days, I have no doubt that even under stable condition dollar may be valued at around $10 (just a wild ass guess of 2.5+ times the prior stable rate) .

IMO there's demand and theres a lot of ppl who want to flip so it's being priced based on max pain minimal bleeding these days and it's being priced by one entity, not general consensus and demand.
For how long are you going to keep this view? I've been explaining the entire scenario in simple terms over and over again. Foreign currency is not being "priced" in Iran by anyone.

The real price of US Dollar against Rial is infinity. Rial is a bleeding patient on its death bed.

Another simple example:

Consider an average football player being compared to Messi. If Messi is worth $500 million, the average player is rated at $10 million while healthy and in form. That makes Messi worth 50 x average dude. Now, let's suppose, the average player gets into a car accident and goes into a coma. How much is he worth now compared to Messi? The answer is 0. How much is Messi worth compared to the player in a coma? There is no answer. That's exactly what Rial is. A currency in a coma, about to be pulled off life support.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ if it was time to settle books, many countries like Iran would go down but I still believe the sanctions are the excuse for the government to self-bleed Iran.

In the US also the banks milked the government, there was no checks and balances and government cut them checks in the tunes of billions so easily ..that was a ransome too at taxpayers expense in 2008. .. IMO you are applying strict economical concept but no country is practically running by it. Your logic is still valid but I believe the outcome may vary and not follow the assumed outcome.

I would expect if things turn IR's way (Trump term out or else) those bastards would adjust the cost of currency.

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
What a shallow simpleton. BBC might as well consult Abbas-Kalleh-Paz for an economical insight just as valid as this idiot's.

None of what he said was based on economical factors. None.

IMO you are applying strict economical concept but no country is practically running by it.
No I'm not applying strict economical factors, because you're right, no country's currency value is determined purely by statistics. The biggest determining factor in valuation is 'investor sentiment'. This is a term I used much earlier in this thread and you seem to ignore its importance. Rial is just like a troubled stock. Without a major change in investors' sentiment, it is bound to become a penny stock held by the greatest fools. Investor sentiment is first and foremost based on human emotions and second on facts and statistics.

Neither human emotions nor facts and statistics are in Rial's favor. It's going to implode without a shred of doubt.