1 dollar = 4800 goozman

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Any liquidity coming in the market is being sucked in. For that and dollar hoarders the value will not come down. This value can only rise and with the sanctions kicking in and at these exchange rates no-one wanting to do business in Iran as you have no idea where you stand tomorrow the free fall will continue. I honestly don't even think there are any options at all especially with the pressure Trump is placing also on purchase of Iranian oil which will bankrupt Iran all together. So much thievery has happened in these 40 years that everything is beyond repair now. I think at one point it will come to the complete submission of Mullahs to these demands if the trend continues.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Government withholding any Foreign currency from the market in anticipation of massive sanctions hit.

There is massive demand for any liquid asset. (the estimate is there is already 20 billion foreign currency in Iranian people's homes).

People who can't foreign currency are buying consumer goods (like the old soviet satellites).

I am guessing government will have to go War Era economics and start issuing coupons for essential food items.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
NOt only that they force foreign visitors to liquidate their currency to toman upon arrival at official rates.. from what I hear
I hear at the airport they greet foreign visitors, " do you have money to exchange" and point to the exchange little office/kiosk.. if they say no they get searched..

Government withholding any Foreign currency from the market in anticipation of massive sanctions hit.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
what a wolf in sheep clothes..
raping hamvatans and hurting Iran in disguise of helping. (if true at all)

I hear payment24.ir is a site that handles and family has been in sarafi for ages.. no first hand experience..

i had a couple of pms for small amounts which i can not do.
minimum is $1000 max $250K
get in before the rate hike in less than 48 hours.

Last edited:

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
One of my favorite poems from Mirzadeh Eshghee. So true

خرتوخر

این چه بساطی است، چه گشته مگر؟
مملکت از چیست؟ شده محتضر!

موقع خدمت همه مانند خر
جمله اطباش، به گل مانده در

به به از این مملکت خرتوخر

بشنو و باور مکن

جان پسر، گوش به هر خر مکن
بشنو و باور مکن
تجربه را باز مکرر مکن
بشنو و باور مکن

مملکت ما شده امن و امان
از همدان تا طبس و سیستان
مشهد و تبریز و ری و اصفهان
ششتر و کرمانشه و مازندران
امن بود، شکوه دگر، سرمکن
بشنو و باور مکن

Oct 18, 2010
iran let's the rial float again right on time.
a bold and daring response as the american sanctions
set to take effect manana.

Iran announces plan to ease exchange rate rules

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran announced on Sunday a plan to ease foreign exchange rules, state television reported, as Tehran tries to counter the effects of a plunging currency and prepares to face new U.S. sanctions.
The plan lifts a ban on the sale of hard currency at floating rates by exchange shops for purposes such as overseas travel. Exporters would be allowed to sell hard currency to importers, and there would be no limit on bringing currency or gold into the country.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
iran let's the rial float again right on time.
a bold and daring response as the american sanctions
set to take effect manana.

Iran announces plan to ease exchange rate rules

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran announced on Sunday a plan to ease foreign exchange rules, state television reported, as Tehran tries to counter the effects of a plunging currency and prepares to face new U.S. sanctions.
The plan lifts a ban on the sale of hard currency at floating rates by exchange shops for purposes such as overseas travel. Exporters would be allowed to sell hard currency to importers, and there would be no limit on bringing currency or gold into the country.
get ready for a dive shit bag
time of reckoning is coming

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Obviously we all love a change, an update an overhaul..
But from all the signs, Trump willing to meet, China buying oil, korea possibly asking for exemption to buy Iran's oil.. this 40 years old system has all the power to last longer..
PPL already lined up to sell 'home dollars" as they know a crash of current jacked up price is coming.. we will see a dip for short.. then god knows but crooks stay and ppl suffer.

with value of toman a lot of dollar and gold will come in. look at it this way, you bring foreign money into iran and it's worth 200% compare to six months ago.. I suspect real estate will benefit in Iran..

Amazing cycle as crooked take the loot out and average Iranian will bring the money in!!!!!!

Any liquidity coming in the market is being sucked in. For that and dollar hoarders the value will not come down. This value can only rise and with the sanctions kicking in and at these exchange rates no-one wanting to do business in Iran as you have no idea where you stand tomorrow the free fall will continue. I honestly don't even think there are any options at all especially with the pressure Trump is placing also on purchase of Iranian oil which will bankrupt Iran all together. So much thievery has happened in these 40 years that everything is beyond repair now. I think at one point it will come to the complete submission of Mullahs to these demands if the trend continues.

Oct 18, 2010
not really.
the 52 week range shows a 107% vs a 157% decline
vs the $$$$ for the lira and rial,respectively.
of course if you take my current unofficial 15K rate for
$ then that's a different story.

but you are missing the larger picture.
trump has weaponized the $$$$ and is using it against
the entire world to get his agenda going.
that's not gonna
end well neither for him,the rest of the world and last but
not least the financial markets.