19 & the Quran

Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Please share your most intellectually honest thoughts about this:

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/mathematical_03.html

Does this hold any weight with respect to the claimed miraculous nature of the Quran?

I find it pretty sad that I have to state this: But I'm not a Muslim myself and have merely been directed to this by someone else. I say this to prevent accusations of being a propagandistic Musclim fundamentalist or even a supporter of the theocracy in Iran.

Last edited:

Cia

Bench Warmer
Sep 26, 2004
Canberra
Don't waste your time with these things dude. If other people, for example a Shahnameh enthusiast, had enough spare time to look for such patterns in their own field of interest I'm sure they'd come up with similar random coincidences. Not that there is any pattern to this to begin with. For example in its conclusion it says

The 96th Sura, the first revealed, comes 19 before the end. It consists of 19 verses and contains a total of 285 letters (19 x 15). The first five verses of the revelation contain 76 (19 x 4) letters.

The first verses of the 68th Sura, the second to be revealed, consist of 38 (19 x 2) words.

The third revelation, the 73rd Sura, contains 57 (19 x 3) words.
- I can't be bothered to check if this "first revealed" chapter really is the 19th from the end, but even if it is so what? One chapter is bound to be 19th from the end. If it was the 2nd revealed chapter these people would go "11-9=2, as in the 2nd chapter, so it's a miracle!" And wouldn't it be more interesting if it was the 19h from the beginning?

- 285 or 76 are also multiples of other numbers...

ah god... this is so ridiculous it's really not worth the time to argue against it! I'm gonna quit before I waste any more time.

Jun 7, 2004
Yeah... That was one of my original thoughts when looking through this...
No not quite. It is not too difficult to calculate the odds of something like that occurring by accident, even for one of the stated instances (of many, many valid ones), and that would be less than 1 out of 1/2 million, even when the worst case scenario is considered:

http://19.org/index.php?id=26,62,0,0,1,0

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Please share your most intellectually honest thoughts about this:

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/mathematical_03.html

Does this hold any weight with respect to the claimed miraculous nature of the Quran?

I find it pretty sad that I have to state this: But I'm not a Muslim myself and have merely been directed to this by someone else. I say this to prevent accusations of being a propagandistic Musclim fundamentalist or even a supporter of the theocracy in Iran.
Unfortunately anything remotely to do with the religion is low in culture between Iranians now.
Anyways, it's an interesting read but nothing more than that. Now I for one do not believe just because something is in the Quran it is true because it is a modified text and i'm sure it has been modified to selfish people's taste over the centuries but I also believe it has just been inputs by people and anyone with decent logic can pick out what is the important and essential parts of it and what is there due to modification.

I don't believe in religion with communities, it just doesn't work, people are too filthy.

So read it for yourself and analyze it yourself, take what you want from it. It's not a novel where you read this one prof's analysis and the author's essays following the book's success and that's the true meaning of it.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
the suras have been put together in idiotic order(by length of the sura..the more ayes, the more in the front, except of al-fateha...
so whether it's 19x2, 19x4, or 19x6...irrelevant..really! it has nothing to do with when and how they were revealed.

and as a suggestion..forget about reading it(or even if you want to read it, try to read it in chronological order and not how it is put together). it really makes no sense the way it is right now. read something else instead. like lady chatterley's lover as an example..or a book on economy/political economy.
really..

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Numerology is simply ridiculous. 19 is a prime number and interesting on its own. You can find such patterns in many places. You can change the font and the style of writing to makes interesting coincidences in practically any text.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
This kind of BS numerology might be interesting if the numerologist could actually predict something based on the number (in this case 19). I'm not impressed AT ALL by this moron telling us "There are 209 (19 x 11) bones in the human body".

Now, if this A-hole was able to tell us the cure for cancer based on number 19 or even simpler predict the weather tomorrow based on number 19 then I might be amused.

This kind of BS especially when related to Koran is for absolute morons. It is for "Muslims" who are too stupid to understand the beauty of the language of Koran and the miracle of its message and so they try to somehow prove what is felt by heart and conscience thru simple algebra. What a waste of time.

If you think number 19 is impressive then what the f.. you have to say about number 1? Example:
Koran consist of 114 Suras which is 1+1+1+1….
The first Sura to be revealed corresponds to number 1
The second Sura to be revealed corresponds to 1+1
Every Sura has at least 1 verse
Each verse has at least 1 letter
You have only 1 brain, 1 heart, and 1 asshole
1x1=1 while 1 to the power of any number also equals 1 and any number divided by itself=1 and …

And of course the most important of all there is only 1 god

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
This kind of BS numerology might be interesting if the numerologist could actually predict something based on the number (in this case 19). I'm not impressed AT ALL by this moron telling us "There are 209 (19 x 11) bones in the human body".

Now, if this A-hole was able to tell us the cure for cancer based on number 19 or even simpler predict the weather tomorrow based on number 19 then I might be amused.

This kind of BS especially when related to Koran is for absolute morons. It is for "Muslims" who are too stupid to understand the beauty of the language of Koran and the miracle of its message and so they try to somehow prove what is felt by heart and conscience thru simple algebra. What a waste of time.

If you think number 19 is impressive then what the f.. you have to say about number 1? Example:
Koran consist of 114 Suras which is 1+1+1+1….
The first Sura to be revealed corresponds to number 1
The second Sura to be revealed corresponds to 1+1
Every Sura has at least 1 verse
Each verse has at least 1 letter
You have only 1 brain, 1 heart, and 1 asshole
1x1=1 while 1 to the power of any number also equals 1 and any number divided by itself=1 and …

And of course the most important of all there is only 1 god
hahahahahahaaa

one of your best posts ever of all time..

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
19 remind me of a story a supposedly educated persons told. He was an engineer working on mobile phone tower. He said that they installed many towers and all worked except tower 19. They could not get it to work no matter how hard they tried. Then he remembered that there 19 angels in hell!!! He went to the project manager and asked that tower to be named tower 32 (or something). He insisted until it was approved. As soon as the renamed the tower, it start working!!!

There were about 12-15 Iranians when he told his story. One said "Now I know why channel 19 reception is bad on my TV". Every one started to laugh and he left without saying a word.

Nov 29, 2002
i have actually met a few numerologists and the amazing thing which links all of them is that they all have manic (bipolar) tendencies with delusions of grandeur and reading into coincidences as if there is some hidden meaning. it is amazing.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
PP Jaan thanks for posting the link to that website (miracles of ghoran)..

I heard (and its probably off this site) that the chapter for Iron (Hadid) is the 57th chapter in quran and it has mentioned 57 times and iron is the 57th element in mendeleyev chart? (elements)??
also the word hadid is 57 in ABJD (or abjad) letters!

for some reason 19 i hear is bahaeis holy number? i personally dont care what anyone claims nit unless they have godly connections.

Last edited: