2018 ACL Final, First Leg(11-03-2018): Kashima Antlers(Japan) vs Persepolis(Iran)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I think the fact that it was our first ever WC played a lot into the equation, as Parvin, Hejazi and few other stars mentioned it, they were shaking when they entered the field for their first match. I am sure result could have been different if it was our 2nd or 3rd WC.

Overall the most disappointing WC in my eyes was 2006, quite talented squad, pretty easy group and horrible result(finishing 4th).
You are correct, in 1978 we were quite scared playing against Holland but so was every other team playing them , they were the best team in the world, finalist of 74 and 78 world cup.
Our debut world cup game against the best team in the world!

The point is though there are those athletes that can channel that fear away and perform despite that fear of infiorarty.
Nasser Hejazi had such a game, in fact you could not see or feel any nerves or fear in him and he dominated his area in the air and on the ground well and many times brought relief from pressure for his team mates.

Hassan Nazari, Abdollahi, Gazerani, Eskandarian, Sadeghi also hold their own
We defended well but in keeping the ball in midfield and offensive play we could not threaten a team like Holland.
The only one who could was Hassan Roshan and he was out injured and half fit.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004

Hahahaha... At least its good that Khiabani gets a laugh at himself too. Even though I find him to be a comical idiot but his heart is pure and was placed there by the regime. Big time khayeh maal but overall a good comical character to have around in all the goons running over IR tv. Whats up with Beiranvand and continuous hitting of Mensha!!!

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Hahahaha... At least its good that Khiabani gets a laugh at himself too. Even though I find him to be a comical idiot but his heart is pure and was placed there by the regime. Big time khayeh maal but overall a good comical character to have around in all the goons running over IR tv. Whats up with Beiranvand and continuous hitting of Mensha!!!
He should be crying. We have made a joke of everything and that is why we are such a fucked up nation.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
Guys, who knows where to watch the game on Friday night together in Bay Area? I contacted Yeganeh, they are NOT showing Friday's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.