2018 Asian Champions League Semi-Final, return leg: Persepolis(Iran)-Al-Sadd(Qatar)

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You have heard of the word genius?

Nasser Hejazi was a genius.
I am sure he was ok for his time.

it is like trying to say Parvin or was as good as karimi or ...

The speed of team sports today is not comparable with what those guys did back then.

just look at the numbers of games played per annum.

"The good old" is just myth old-timers like to tell themselves.

I am sure in 10 years i will be telling folks we would never have somebody with explosive speed of mahdavikia or the vertical elevation of Hashemian in Iran.

The reality is in just five years all those guys achievements will be out the door.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

The speed of team sports today is not comparable with what those guys did back then.

I am sure in 10 years i will be telling folks we would never have somebody with explosive speed of mahdavikia or the vertical elevation of Hashemian in Iran.

The reality is in just five years all those guys achievements will be out the door.
My friend we are not talking about 100m sprint or weightlifting or swimming .

A genius in goal is someone who has many attributes like vision ,speed ,reflexes , smart brain ,charisma ...Hejazi had all of those and that is what made him a great keeper that a team like Manchester united wanted to sign him in the days that no one even looked at players from Asia ....it wasn't for his good looks .

He was more than ok for his time as you have put it ,which means you have never seen him play and just because it was 40 years ago hence your logic of old means antient and inferior which is wrong .

Mohammad Ali ,Takhti ,Habibi,Movahed ,Ali Parvin ,Roshan ,Ghelichkhani ...if they were around today and in their youth they would still be champions training with todays standards ...

There are parts of the game you can improve by training ,getting fitness programmes and best nutrition but there are things that you are born with and can not be taught or learned. that's what makes a genius .

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2005

For the record parvin was better than karimi

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
For the record parvin was better than karimi
Indeed he was ,when he was about 25 ,26 at his peak he was amazing player ,multi skills and ability , so smart and switched on ,put him in a corner with three players and he always came up with something unexpected.

Karimi was very skilful with the ball at his feet but not even half the football brain of Parvin or Bagheri .

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Indeed he was ,when he was about 25 ,26 at his peak he was amazing player ,multi skills and ability , so smart and switched on ,put him in a corner with three players and he always came up with something unexpected.

Karimi was very skilful with the ball at his feet but not even half the football brain of Parvin or Bagheri .
parvin11.jpg

* پیشنهاد کریستال پالاس .........
دو هفته پس از کسب عنوان مردسال فوتبال ایران ودریافت توپ طلای هفته نامه دنیای ورزش , باشگاه صاحب نام کریستال پالاس , جهت یک دیدار دوستانه با سرخپوشان به ایران آمد در شرایطی که چند روز قبل , در رقابتهای باشگاههای انگلیس با یک گل اورتون باشگاه قدرتمند جزیره را مغلوب کرده و بر این پایه در بهترین فرم مطلوب قرار داشت ...
پرسپولیس تنها تا دقیقه 70 پایاپای حریف انگلیسی بازی کرد .... از این پس , با افت توان بدنی چند تن از بازیکنان , میهمان حرفه ای بر بازی مسلط شد و با ثبت 3 گل متوالی , نتیجه را 5 بر یک نمود

پس از انجام بازی , برترام جیمز هد (Bertram James Head ) سرمربی و منیجر باشگاه کریستال پالاس حد فاصل سالهای 73 - 1966 عنوان داشت :
.... عجب بازیکن حوبی دارید ....... من از بین همه , شماره 7 تیم را میپسندم او با اینکه قد و قامت بلندی ندارد ولی فوق العاده باهوش و تند و تیز است . میفهمد با توپ چه میکند کند و چشمانش در همه حال باز هستند و خوشبختانه , این بازیکن از خشونت های بیجا و لحظه ای برخوردار نیست او تنها بازیکنی بود که در طول 90 دقیقه بازی همیشه با توپ خوب کار میکرد و نفوذهای بموقعی داشت اگر این بازیکن شما در کنار یارانی در ردیف خودش قرار گیرد آنوقت شما هم خواهید دید چه توانایی هایی دارد من حاضرم همین امشب با شماره 7 شما ( علی پروین ) قرار داد ببندم و مبلغی برابر با 25000 پوند سالیانه به او بپردازم .
(* هر پوند سال 1351 - برابر با 22 تومان یا 220 ریال = 550000 تومان )

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
علی پروین با کسب 5 عنوان متشکل از 2 قهرمانی و 3 نائب قهرمانی از حیث افتخار نیز در بالاترین نقطه ممکن قرار دارد او همچنین با ثبت 33 گل زده یکی از بهترین گلزنان جام نیز محسوب میشود و با توجه به پست او که یک هافبک است در صدر تمام هافبک های ایران می ایستد پروین تنها مهاجمان را از جهت گلزنی بالاتر از خود میبیند . اینها او را به درخشانترین چهره جام - حداقل از حیث آمار و ارقام - تبدیل میکند .
همچنین او با کسب تنها 15 باخت از میان 144 دیدار صاحب رکوردی دیگر نیز هست , میزان تقریبی به ازای هر 10 بازی تنها 1 باخت , ظرف 6 سال یک آمار خیره کننده است و سایر بازیکنان فوتبال ایران با او فاصله ای بسیار دارند . parvin7.jpg

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Just what i guessed! all the old timers lined up to say the dude who played 40 years ago is better than the guy who played 10 years ago.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
علی پروین با کسب 5 عنوان متشکل از 2 قهرمانی و 3 نائب قهرمانی از حیث افتخار نیز در بالاترین نقطه ممکن قرار دارد او همچنین با ثبت 33 گل زده یکی از بهترین گلزنان جام نیز محسوب میشود و با توجه به پست او که یک هافبک است در صدر تمام هافبک های ایران می ایستد پروین تنها مهاجمان را از جهت گلزنی بالاتر از خود میبیند . اینها او را به درخشانترین چهره جام - حداقل از حیث آمار و ارقام - تبدیل میکند .
همچنین او با کسب تنها 15 باخت از میان 144 دیدار صاحب رکوردی دیگر نیز هست , میزان تقریبی به ازای هر 10 بازی تنها 1 باخت , ظرف 6 سال یک آمار خیره کننده است و سایر بازیکنان فوتبال ایران با او فاصله ای بسیار دارند . View attachment 41721
Karim Bagheri scored 50 goals for Iran though.

Feb 4, 2005
I said Ali Parvin is better than Karimi and that is an opinion however, I generally don't like such comparisons between any two players specially from different generations. All being said why is it wrong to believe a player from 10-20-30-40 years ago is better than a player now?