2022 FIFA World Cup qualification (AFC)

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Yeah yeah...lets see if you are still celebrating after the Bahrain and Iraq game...I hope for them to kick these IR representatives asses
I've seen in other forums and comment sections on Youtube Iranian saying we beat Cambodia 14-0 & Bahrain only beat them 1-0
so Iran gonna thrash Bahrain on the 15th.
I hope TM players don't have that kind of mentality otherwise they get punished like the infamous 3-1 defeat in the 2002 WCQ.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I dont know how the system works and how many teams go through but i hope Iraq and Bahrain advance form this group.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
I don’t consider the captains “clowns”, they leadership is indeed needed, particularly shojaii. He may not be pleasant to the eye of fans, but if you look at him from coach’s perspective, he is still quite useful in limited minutes.
This game was not just the game that either one were needed to control the composure of the team.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I don’t consider the captains “clowns”, they leadership is indeed needed, particularly shojaii. He may not be pleasant to the eye of fans, but if you look at him from coach’s perspective, he is still quite useful in limited minutes.
This game was not just the game that either one were needed to control the composure of the team.
LoL
Shojaei has been awful for many years, TM usually play with 10 men when he's on the pitch! Haj Sai is almost as bad.
You clearly haven't followed Team Melli for a long time.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
the line was iran-4, that was covered in the first 30 minutes.
maybe cam players were told to lose with more than 10 goals.
there are a lot of rich asians who bet a lot of money on these
matches and they can give cam players a few thousand $ and
make 10 times that if cam loses with a big margin.
as far as bah goes,i say the 6-0 scoreline last time we played them
is a good starting point :p

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK

6-0? I remember that, Bahrain had a player sent off early in the match. We played at home against 10 men for more than 80mins
the atmosphere was brilliant and I never forget that screamer by Andranik Teymourian. Good old days

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
LoL
Shojaei has been awful for many years, TM usually play with 10 men when he's on the pitch! Haj Sai is almost as bad.
You clearly haven't followed Team Melli for a long time.

Your arrogance is rather witty in a funny way.

I have followed generations of TM perhaps for longer that you have lived.and we just have to agree that we look at the game with different perspectives.

Every TM coach since Brangoh has found shojaii very useful, in the pitch and locker room.
Running a team is not all about flashy moves in the pitch, and gaining the approval of the common fan. Intangibles and leadership are also a big factor in Putting a team together.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
موجودات عقده ای...از گل اول تا چهاردهم تو کونشون عروسی بود انگار کیر غول رو شیکوندن. اون یارو پور علی گنجی ۱۳-۰ بود, اون خطای زشت رو رو دروازه بان این بدبختا کرد. آخه اینا آدم نیستن که

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
موجودات عقده ای...از گل اول تا چهاردهم تو کونشون عروسی بود انگار کیر غول رو شیکوندن. اون یارو پور علی گنجی ۱۳-۰ بود, اون خطای زشت رو رو دروازه بان این بدبختا کرد. آخه اینا آدم نیستن که
This reminds me of the US women's team during the WC in the summer. They played Thailand in the group stages and won 13-0. USA is the best team in the world while Thailand is one of the worst. Yet the US players celebrated every goal so fervently as though their life depended on it. They were accused of unsporting behaviour, being disrespectful and lacking class.

I remember when Germany put 7 past Brazil. The Germans stopped celebrating after 5 and just walked away. That's class.

In this case, the difference was so huge between Iran and Cambodia that I felt embarrassed at the celebrations.

Feb 28, 2018
I thought the same when I saw the goals... But.. Put yourself in their shoes, one of the scorers scoring his first ever national goals and everyone experiencing iranian women in stadiums for the first time, kind of a historic occasion so you want to celebrate.. So yeah based on the context of the game I understand

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well said Farz. I don't care that we were playing lowly Cambodia. Imagine the thrill of going to your first Iran game, in Iran, as a woman. Imagine the pure joy of scoring your first goal, wearing your national team jersey.

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
wtf!!! we should have scored 20 goals. its disrespectful to slow down against weak teams. Maybe we should have slow down on celebration after the 7, 8 goals but as far as score line there is no problem with that.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto

Cambodian players probably had Abgoosht before the game and that resulted in them being more lethargic on the field.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
1. Iran does not play many friendly games and they should treat games like these to work on their strategies and tactics. It’s nonsense to hold back on scoring because the other team is ranked low. You can see great teams setup friendly games against much weaker team so they can work on their offensive tactics. And end up scoring lots of goals.

2. Then there is the argument of excessive celebration even when scoring 14th goal. That’s more of a cultural issue but I think having women in the stands celebrating every goal also contributed to players celebration and trying to score more goals.

Some argue that younger less experience players should be given a chance. I would point them to item 1 above.