3rd pot. Irans first world cup 2018 Goal

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Which part of my post are you not agreeing with?

Let me try this again. If New Zealand beats Peru, a high seeded team gets knocked out. That means we move one rank up among the teams that qualify for the WC

If you disagree, or even if I am wrong, then respond politely and respectfully, and explain why what I wrote is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agha farsheed, Jafangiyat means nonsens. It is very polite.
The part I disagrre was highlighted in bold
"If Greece beats whoever their opponents will be, they will replace a higher ranked team."
What I understood was If greece (35) beats Denmark (25), greece (now 25) will replace denmark (now 35)
Which is nonsens = Jafangiyat

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Agha farsheed, Jafangiyat means nonsens. It is very polite.
The part I disagrre was highlighted in bold
"If Greece beats whoever their opponents will be, they will replace a higher ranked team."
What I understood was If greece (35) beats Denmark (25), greece (now 25) will replace denmark (now 35)
Which is nonsens = Jafangiyat
Can you please explain where you get that understanding? That a lower seed team simply takes the place of the higher seed team they defeat?

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Farsheed jAn as I said it is solely based on October ranking which I think it is stupid as there are still teams playing for qualification until Nov 15 and it should be based on Nov ranking but ...
Well actually that is even more unfair. you know wcq points are 2,5 x normal friendly points.
The best ranking would be the time when the first confederation (AFC) finished playing WCQ, which was last months ranking.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Agha... you wrote:
If Greece beats whoever their opponents will be, they will replace a higher ranked team."
Ah, i meant replace in wc, not replace in the pod

That is poor wording on my part

My understanding/Assumption is that after all the teams are selected in November, they will use the October rankings to establish the pods, and then draw the pools

Feb 4, 2005
But Payandeh Jan, they cannot do the pods until they know which teams are in

I understand they will do it based in the October rankings, but they will have to wait to know which teams are in

What happens if they do the pods in October, put Peru in a pod, and then Peru loses?

Sure they can. They rank all the teams and they say if Greece makes it they will take a spot in pot 4 (example only) and therefore send Iran to pot 3 but if Denmark win then Denmark take a spot in pot 3 and Iran will go to 4.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Sure they can. They rank all the teams and they say if Greece makes it they will take a spot in pot 4 (example only) and therefore send Iran to pot 3 but if Denmark win then Denmark take a spot in pot 3 and Iran will go to 4.
that would seem like a really strange way to do it, but hey, it's Fifa, so it's possible.

The net result is the same, so I guess it's ok

We still want Greece, and New Zealand to win, and we want Tunisia and Senegal to lose!

یعنی*** ما همیشه تو ابرا پرواز میکنیما، تا دیروز خدا خدا میکردیم که بریم جام جهانی*** الان داریم ۳ امتیاز میذاریم کنار چون میریم تو پات ۳ . آقا پات ۳ - ۴ -۲ نداره ۳۲ تا تیم می***رن جام جهانی*** همشونم خوبن. باید آستینارو زد بالا و فوتبال بازی کرد. حالا اگر یونان یه گل بزنه ما میریم پات ۲ اگر بورکینافاسو یک گل بخور ما میریم پات ۴

Feb 4, 2005
یعنی*** ما همیشه تو ابرا پرواز میکنیما، تا دیروز خدا خدا میکردیم که بریم جام جهانی*** الان داریم ۳ امتیاز میذاریم کنار چون میریم تو پات ۳ . آقا پات ۳ - ۴ -۲ نداره ۳۲ تا تیم می***رن جام جهانی*** همشونم خوبن. باید آستینارو زد بالا و فوتبال بازی کرد. حالا اگر یونان یه گل بزنه ما میریم پات ۲ اگر بورکینافاسو یک گل بخور ما میریم پات ۴

Kheshalat bokhor!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com

Pot 3 and 4 actually do make a difference for teams that want to play football. Iran doesn't really play football in its entirety so it doesn't really matter. Iran parks the bus. That's only half of football. The other half must be played to matter against a pot 4 or pot 3 team.

Nov 24, 2002
I watched Iran-Russia highlights again, couldn't watch the whole match live properly, Iran actually played quite decent up to 75 minutes. It wasn't typically parking the bus and we actually had few good scoring chances. I don't agree we ONLY park the bus, it was the case maybe 4 years a go when we had much less talented team but not this team, of course the system put emphasis on defense but not entirely. The draw and seeding makes a big difference, i don't get why some say it doesn't.

I watched Iran-Russia highlights again, couldn't watch the whole match live properly, Iran actually played quite decent up to 75 minutes. It wasn't typically parking the bus and we actually had few good scoring chances. I don't agree we ONLY park the bus, it was the case maybe 4 years a go when we had much less talented team but not this team, of course the system put emphasis on defense but not entirely. The draw and seeding makes a big difference, i don't get why some say it doesn't.
fair enough but Iran are too far from being worried about which pot to go to. I know you and some other are die hard fan but the reality suggest differently ...

Pot 3 or 4 might make a difference for countries like Mexico, Colombia, Nigeria , Switzerland but for us are still early. We have not even reached the Asian cup final for decades , Again this is not about Iran are bad or being weak or others are better, it's about reaching the certain level first .... Now if we make it to the 2nd round then that will be just awesome but no one should be obsessed with it

Last edited: