5 reasons why iran must win afc15

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark

A friend shared this on fb: I totaly agree. do you?

5 REASONS WHY IRAN MUST WIN AFC15:

1- WE HAVE WAITED FOR 39 YEARS
Iran can proudly say We are 3 time AFC winners. But that was back in 1968-72-76. We have now waited for 39 years.

2- WE AVOID AFC19 Q
Top 3 finisher in Asian Cup 15 are automaticly qualified for next Asian Cup AFC19. So we can save FIFA days on World cup friendly games in 2018.

3- WE MAY GET MORE FRIENDLY GAMES
Winning Asian Cup 15 will boost our FIFA ranking points and our team may look more attractive for other teams to play.

4- WE GET FREE TICKET TO FIFA CONFEDERATION CUP 2017 in Russia
Winning AFC15 means invitation to the next intercontinental cup, were we can play FOR FREE against, champions of all continents plus host Russia and world champions Germany.

5- WE THINK THIS TIME IS OUR TIME.
Go Team Melli :iluvtm:

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
I agree too... however let's not get carried away yet, we have a long way to go! Doesn't matter we waited for 39 years, we need to prove it that we can...
Let's have our expectation in line with what we did for this TM...

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
I wish Iran nothing but the best and hope they do well. But we have to be realistic, here how are we going to defeat Japan, Australia or even Korea again. When we have a really hard time scoring against the UAE!

I personally think we will god willing win Iraq and then lose to South Korea in semifinals. When the Koreans finally get their revenge on us and go to war us!.. I don't know why but for some reason the Koreans really hate us..

Feb 22, 2005
One good way to beat them is a strong defense. We have good players in Dejagah, Reza, Azmoon, and Shojaie who can score on a Japanese defensive mistake and Japan will make the mistake. As for Korea, they will continue to have a hard time breaking down the defense and as usual they will get frustrated and Reza will score against them.

Our biggest challenge might be Iraq. We might not take them seriously and take risks on opening the defense too much.

I wish Iran nothing but the best and hope they do well. But we have to be realistic, here how are we going to defeat Japan, Australia or even Korea again. When we have a really hard time scoring against the UAE!

I personally think we will god willing win Iraq and then lose to South Korea in semifinals. When the Koreans finally get their revenge on us and go to war us!.. I don't know why but for some reason the Koreans really hate us..

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Iran will not win this cup.

There are 4 unwritten rules:

1. Korea shall not lose to Iran for the 4th time in a row
2. Australia shall not be heartbroken in Iran's hands yet again at home
3. Iraq shall not suffer yet another defeat by Iran
4. Japan shall not lose to Iran PERIOD.

One or two or even three of the rules may fail, but not all :)

Still hoping though!

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto

Still hoping though!
Well that was bullshit. Iran scores more goals than the other team and wins. It is that simple and not impossible considering the inferior level of talent at this years competition compared to years past.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
I wish Iran nothing but the best and hope they do well. But we have to be realistic, here how are we going to defeat Japan, Australia or even Korea again. When we have a really hard time scoring against the UAE!..
That is 1 of our 2 biggest problem.
1- We do good in defence, but we do not convert our chances to goal, and you all know what scoring on chances means in major tournaments.
I Love our youth jahan and sardar, but what jahan did is almost unforgiveable. Why? we are in a major tournament and there is no room for error.

2- When we capture the ball we lose it to easily again with uncorrect passes. and we all know, in order to create chances, or score, you need to have the ball.

if our players could, regurdless of opponent pressure, stil manage to make a succesfull pass, instead of "Ramos shot to the moon", we will be a very good team.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Our biggest challenge might be Iraq. We might not take them seriously and take risks on opening the defense too much.
totaly agree. taking light on opponents are costly.
At AFC84 only 8 teams participated.
Iran and Korea made it from the group but...
At the last match of group stage, fight for 1st, 2nd spot, Iran rested many players, took light on Korea, and we lost 3-0 and ended 2nd in our group.
Which ment we didnt get China but Saudi instead in the Semis and as you know we lost 1-0.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
The only problem I see with these 5 reasons we should win is that rule 2-5 applies to every other team as well and rule 1 also applies to all other teams except for Japan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Australia :)

Yani hameye teamhaye dige ham mitonan hamin dalilaro biaran :D

Feb 22, 2005
I would have agreed with you if it was by chance and luck as has always been, due to our weak defense post 1978 and during IR. But now we have a strong defense and as long as they keep it up, the offense will get that golden goal.

but for the future, it does not give excuse of not developing top midfielders. I am surprised Midfield is not Iran's strongest skill.

Still hoping though!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008

Still hoping though!
Iran will not win this cup - because we play "NOT TO LOSE" football........and we suck at that too.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Iran will not win this cup - because we play "NOT TO LOSE" football........and we suck at that too.
Its not that we play not to lose and park the bus the whole game. Its that South Korea, Australia and Japan are better goal scorers than us and can easily break down our defense if they put pressure on it from start to the end of the game..

Feb 4, 2005

But they will lose to Uzbeks in quarter final.

However, the Japanese will break their hearts in semi final

Yes they will. Migi na shart bebandim? Harki bakht poole abejoyeh Kazem ro mideh vaghti oomad Toronto next month.

That is the only one I can kind of agree. Hopefully won't happen though.

Feb 22, 2005
Will be interesting to see. The only ones that have broken down Iranian defense:
1) god himself AKA Messi.
2) Iranian team themselves opening up defense against Bosnia. We screamed on this site loudly at CQ saying "Stupid coach open it up and go on attack" and badly paid for it.

Its not that we play not to lose and park the bus the whole game. Its that South Korea, Australia and Japan are better goal scorers than us and can easily break down our defense if they put pressure on it from start to the end of the game..

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
If we work on PKs I think we can win this cup with a 1-0 over Iraq & two 0-0 games in semis and Final & both winning in PKs.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
It will be Greece of Asia. I will take it over a couple of good games and a quarter final exit. It is ugly but a trophy is a trophy.
I don't know how much glory is in Greek way of winning this tournament.
I was thinking Greece earlier today. You are talking about it. 5 ppl here also agree with you, so does the news paper in IRAN.

I know we may win this way, but I rather not.