7.2 Richter earthquake in Kermanshah

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Not a single dime of this money goes to these people ... don't waste your money honestly ... gardan baziharo koloft mikonid.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Its so sad..The death toll increased to 400..:( It is reported that a lot of survivors are without water, and shelter. Lots of ppl are left without shelter at night. And its cold in Western provinces of Iran.

Some pictures:
http://www.isna.ir/photo/96082213235/خسارات-زلزله-غرب-کشور-در-روستاهای-کرمانشاه

Btw, any1 knows a trustworthy charity to help the victims? Or some1 u know who is personally involved/accepts donation?
transfer of funds to iran for most well established organizations is going to be difficult.
best to coordinate with ur family back over in Tehran.

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
never ever do any donation to iranian organisation or any other ,,,
پای پول که بیاد وسط همه چی رو فراموش میکنن

تنها راهش این که خودت با پای خودت بری اونجا و کمک کنی

،، اگه باور ندارین برین از مردم بم بپرسین

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
‏11 ماه از حادثه پلاسکو گذشت هیچکس محاکمه نشد هیچ ساختمونی دوباره ساخته نشد
این زلزله هم مث همون. میگذره. این وسط فقط مردم آواره تر میشن

تف تو این روزگار که هر چی سنگ واس پای لنگه

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
قدر سقف و گرماش و غذا و خانواده تون رو بدونید، دیشب این موقع خیلی ها داشتنش و امشب ندارند...

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Interesting I translated most of what he said and one thing I agree with the Mullah, shocking I actually agree with a Mulah, is when pointed out do not rely on komak e Dolat e digeh. I hope I translated that right he is basically saying we should not rely on the help of the other governments. The main problem though is our own corrupt government, with no codes or regulations. I have a feeling as well some AKhoond heads are going to roll, someone is going to be the scape goat and get the majority of the blame, that is usually how it works in countries like Iran.Does anyone have an update on the latest death toll? RIP to the victims who passed away, tasliat.

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
[video]https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/23492130_481449945573933_7307481237432565760_n.mp4 ?efg=eyJybHIiOjMzMywicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnI joic3ZlX3NkIn0%3D&rl=333&vabr=185&oh=47dbfc518a77e1c0a4a0a3dc574d5ad6&oe=5A0D0C61[/video]

Oct 18, 2010
my condolences to all affected people.
this picture is interesting.
it shows the basic structure of these row houses standing
and not collapsing but all the facades have completely collapsed.
in most cases the whole building collapses in >7 quakes.
is there any structural/civil engineers here to tell us how that happens?
i think they used shady material on the facade of the buildings.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
It was an earthquake that destroyed their homes and shattered their dreams, but in western Iran's Sar-e Pol-e Zahab, survivors have directed their anger against the government.
"Look, everything is destroyed! The government could at least cancel our home loans," said Mortaza Akbari, a resident of the working-class district of Shahid Shiroudi.
Many in his building lost everything in the 7.3-magnitude quake that struck a mountainous region near the Iraq border late Sunday, killing more than 400 people.
Akbari's apartment block, built as part of a social housing scheme set up by former president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, was meant to be able to withstand a magnitude 8.0 quake.
But now, it is disembowelled.
"There are only poor people and workers here," Akbari said. "I came here in distress, it is not a place to live."
The Maskan-e Mehr social housing buildings, symbols of ultra-conservative Ahmadinejad's populism, sprang up all over Iran during his rule from 2005 to 2013.
For many disadvantaged Iranians, they were the promise of decent, affordable housing.
But in Sar-e Pol-e Zahab, those who signed up have lost the little they had.
"I spent the whole of a loan the government provided to encourage young people to marry and buy furniture or other property, but now I have nothing left," said Akbari.
At least 280 people were killed on Sunday in Sar-e Pol-e Zahab, a town of some 85,000 people.
While the structure and ceiling of the Maskan-e Mehr buildings resisted, the facades collapsed.
Survivors picked through what looked like a war zone Tuesday as they tried to extract their belongings.
From the third floor of one apartment, two men pulled a carpet and dropped it through a gaping space where the outer wall once stood.
"I was living on the fourth floor," said Ali Biabani, a labourer in his 50s. "I am the owner, I took pains to save money for this apartment, it was for the poor."
© Provided by AFP An Iranian civil defence K-9 unit wait near damaged buildings during a search for earthquake survivors in the town of Sar-e Pol-e Zahab on November 14, 2017 - 'We were happy' -
"What can we do now?" he asked. "At first, I paid 170 million rials (about $4,000, 3,400 euros) and I have been paying bills (of around $70) each month for three years."
"We were happy, because we had escaped poverty," he said.
But he added: "Look yourself, no one can live in there anymore."
Reza Moradi, another labourer, is in a similar situation.
"I still owe another 144 monthly payments", each of them counting for about a fifth of his wage, he said.
One million social housing units available for purchase were built in outlying areas or in new towns across Iran under the Maskan-e Mehr scheme.
The project was slammed by Ahmadinejad's political opponents, who blamed him for inflation that hit 40 percent during his second term.
Current President Hassan Rouhani, who visited the town on Tuesday, launched a tirade against his predecessor, saying he wanted see why some government housing had suffered major damage.
"The culprits must be found and presented to the population," he said.
Some apartment blocks built by private investors resisted the quake.
But in the town that suffered the worst damage, government apartment blocks were not the only ones to be hit.
Many buildings and standalone houses were totally destroyed, evidence that anti-quake building regulations are poorly respected in the country.
"I've lost everything," said Lida Esmaili, in her 30s, sitting with her little girl on the floor between two rows of gutted buildings.
"Some of my things were destroyed in the earthquake and the rest when they were thrown from the third floor," she said.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
7.2 should not really have a death toll. It's incredible to see high-rise buildings collapse with a 7.2 whose epicenter was 100KM away.

Anyways, cue the fucking Facebook and Instagram "Tasliat" memes. Baba nemikhad tasliat begin. Just make sure you don't live in a building that collapses with a moderate earthquake.

Hala hey begin Mas'oolin, Mas'oolin. Fuck...
It's easier said than done, if you are poor, you live wherever you can and don't think about things like EQ. I mostly hat the phrase" UMADANEMUN DAST KHODAST RAFTANEMUN HAM DAST UNE"

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
این آخونده بازم کار مفیدی نمیکرده.
اما عکس هم نمگرفته.
داشته مثلا فیلم تقاضای کمک میکرده.

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/shahrvand_paper/status/930527449565290496

ولی خوب جای سوال هست که مردم چقدر با آخوندا لج هستند که از احمدی تا یه بچه باهشون بده.
[/FONT]

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I am not a big fan of Iranian social media atmosphere.
but sometimes you see things that give you hope for humanity.

https://twitter.com/sadeghZibakalam/status/930898082589495296

دیشب که شماره حسابم رااعلام کردم*** درخواب هم نمیدیدم***بعداز۲۴ساعت به ۳۸۰میلیون تومان برسد.هنوز هم***دربهت و حیرتم وباورم نمیشود.درعین حال اطمینان مردم شرمنده ام نمودو وادارم*** کردکه فردا راهی کرمانشاه شوم تا کمک هایشان حتی الامکان درست و بجا هزینه شود.