A clue about who will start?

OmidS

Ball Boy
Oct 20, 2002
www.contrapuntalnews.com
Hmm, anyone notice that the players who traditionally start were wearing grey in the pictures, and the rest were wearing green?

I noticed that in the pictures Zandi, Daei, Nekounam, Kaabi, Golmohammadi, Rezaei, Nosrati (oh boy), Karimi, Vahid and Kia were the only ones wearing grey. Looks like a potential starting line-up.

I mean, I'm sure Branco will be testing different players with the main group, but those ten certainly look like they ten we always see.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
OmidS said:
but those ten certainly look like they ten we always see.
Well, were you expecting something else?? That's what I've been telling to people who've suddenly gotten so positive about the line up just by seing afew new players (not the least 5 strikers) in TM!

OmidS

Ball Boy
Oct 20, 2002
www.contrapuntalnews.com
Sly said:
Well, were you expecting something else?? That's what I've been telling to people who've suddenly gotten so positive about the line up just by seing afew new players (not the least 5 strikers) in TM!
Alas....

Though I'd like to hope that things may be different. My dad did mention that in one set of the pictures he noticed Teymourian among what seemed like the starter group. He didn't remember who he noticed missing.

Either way, I can't wait for the friendly games.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
There have been some changes. Teymourian was in one day, next day it was Zandi.
Sly, there is a couple of spots up for grabbs so we have to waite and see.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Omid jan as Xoraster says apparently Teymourian played with the main team instead of Zandi yesterday. I do hope Teymourian will get to play though (but I still don't think he will play from the start).

xoraster jan, I doubt he will use new players in those spots. I still think Nosrati or Zare are for the left defense and Zandi will start. (Not that I complain about that. Branko picks his starting 11 according to his own ways and to what he sees in the players. I just don't understand how people who usually bashed him for months and until just 2 weeks ago, suddenly have gotten so positive because they see new people in TM).

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Sly, you might be right but I think that we have become obsessed with whos gonna play and how were gonna play, bottom line is that we want Iran to perform well and make out of the group. At this stage, Branko can use Zareh and Nosrati as forwards as far as I care. As long as we can get results, anything goes.

Last edited:
May 16, 2006
Perhaps they are hoping some of the new players might be given a chance, to play in place of the (special) permanent ones who don't deserve to be in the main 11, but alaahazrat Branco thinks they should be there. yek nemooneh, esmesh baa noon shoroo meesheh va hammeesh-e dar mosaabeghaat-e mohem defaa-e chap boodand. Vaaghe-an az ajaayeb-e ke eeshaan shaayad dobaare be onvaan-e baazeekon-e aslee entekhaab beshavand, ostaad Braankoveech cheekaar meekoneh, daaneshmand-e.

Aug 26, 2005
Sly said:
I just don't understand how people who usually bashed him for months and until just 2 weeks ago, suddenly have gotten so positive because they see new people in TM).
Maybe for the very fact that there are new players, that actually deserve their spots.

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
It's pretty obvious who will start in the world cup squad. Branko is still testing out players, yesterday Zandi was wearing the green and Teymourian was wearing the gray shirt...so you can see; certain players are still being tested out. The below players will start 100%, they've reserved their spots.

1. Rezaei
2. Kaebi
3. Nekounam
4. Mahdavikia
5. Karimi
6. Daei
7. Hashemian

bardia

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
they will practice 4-2-3-1 for croatia game:

Mirzapour

Kaabi Yahya Rahman Nosrati

Nekounam Ando(Zandi)

Kia Hashemian Karimi

Daei

Dec 12, 2002
usa
well , if in 98 team Bagheri was the man who gave 100% for 90 minutes ,in this team we only have 2 guys who give a 90 minutes nonestop run ,1- nosratii 2- andu . still it is hard to find in our TM a player like pejman -nouri who runs for 90 minutes .so what i am saying is we should appericiate the guy like nosrati ,even mehdi-kia who gives 100 % in hambourg can not do the same in TM for so many reasons ,one is definitely a clueless tactic in tm . overall we should be prepared playing a team like mexico ,a runing not stop team for intire game .pretty much the first game is everything for iran .

May 16, 2006
I hope the players, all of them, do very well for the sake of team melli, including the ones who don't deserve to be in the field, and looks like they will be playing as main players in the WC, even though they may give their 100%.

Tactics is a big word, and by just by mentioning this word, it does not cover up for the incompetence of the coach, nothing against the specific players, as I know they want the best for the team and I respect them, it's the coach who is responsible for the team line-up, and including, team tactics. Generally speaking, in any team it's better to put a player who may be more effective in any certain position (though that player may only give 80%), vs. a player who has been tested many times and is shown to be weak (though that player might give his 100%). I hope those specific players have become better, and will therefore do better in the world cup, than their past performances (which was in front of much weaker teams, than Portugal,Mexico, and Angola). On Mahdavikia, he was only giving 50% in certain games in the past and should have been subbed by another player, for there were players who would be more effective than a Mahdavikia at 50%. Baazeekonaanee hastand ke be maraateb as defaa-e chap baa nam-e khaaneveedegee-e noon (hataa agar dar 80% talaash baazee konand) mo-ass-ertarand, taa noon baa 100% talaashesh, magar eenkeh noon baazeesh behtar shod-e baasheh, ke man yekee do-aa meekonam eentor baash-e. Agar tarafdaar-e teem melee hastee, lotfan esm-e doostemoono eenhame be engeleesee be esm nayaar (nanevees). Chon hameentor ke hast, agar aghaayoon do-taa baazee-haay-e gozashteye teem melee ro bebeenand, takeed va defaa-e shomaa az noon be aanhaa komak meekonad (na baray-e yek nafar mesl-e C. Ronaldo va teemee mesl-e Portaaghaal, balke baray-e oon do-taa teem-e deege, ke tasmeem begeerand hamalaat-e beeshtar-ee az oon jenaah bezaaran).

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Kaz said:
Maybe for the very fact that there are new players, that actually deserve their spots.
That's it??? :eek: You've been bashing the h*ll out of Branko only because you wanted new reserve players? Then maybe Branko should have put new players on the bench from the begining! Cause he would still rarely be using them anyways (just like now in the WC) but at least he would have gotten some support!!! :D

Dec 12, 2002
usa
if i understood correctly , i don't think bracko has chosen a right person ( defae chab ) , so now we have to live with it , i don't know how long you have been with us in this board ,i don't like branco and chiro and mostley their selections ,as for noon guy , he is much better in center back ,i didn't mean to support a particular person ,as an example i said ,noon run intire 90 minutes ,which is a must in modern football ,our team as for stamina is not in level of good european teams ,so when we have a player like noon or undo then we should be happy ,it is not about talant ,yes a 40 % azizi might be more effecive than many players in team .like larsson did in CL , just in 10 minutes he had done somethings which noone had done it in 70 min's . btw in the left back we had much better options than branco's ,shirzad ,manee , and a good left wing , nouri is definitely my favourite with huge lefty shot . so i guess we all are a fan of TM in our own way .