A question to football experts

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
To those who know football better than I do; why the hell is Nosrati playing at national level? what do coaches see in him that we don't ?

He is so bad that it makes you laugh sometimes!

Iran

<b>News Team</b>
Feb 12, 2004
Norway
Saeed I am not saying he is a good player at the moment.

But Nosratti is kind of tough 1 vs 1 player.

He have okey speed, good strengt (that we miss) he is agresive and its hard to round him 1 vs 1.
He is also good on set pices.

But the problem is he is not great with the ball, to much use of arms, to much stupid fauls, and can make some HUGE chidish mistakes.

You can see a coach can work on the weaknesses. He make to much childish mistakes vbecause he is not safe on the style and is restless.
So it will be bether, but I hope he can show his strenght somwhat more.

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Look...as much as you may dislike Nosrati, as bad as this sounds, he is BY FAR AND BY MILES Iran's best defender over the past say 6-8 years.
Westi:

I know you have a soft spot for him, but just watch at the last game. I am not sure any defender in IPL would do any worse. Did you see him practically hangging on the guy in the middle of the field when he passed him?! Is that something that a professional footballer would do?! and he has done it often!

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Westi:

I know you have a soft spot for him, but just watch at the last game. I am not sure any defender in IPL would do any worse. Did you see him practically hangging on the guy in the middle of the field when he passed him?! Is that something that a professional footballer would do?! and he has done it often!
Well, he tried to foul him. That's better than letting him go, no?

Like I said, he is better than anything else we got...at least not from U-17 players.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Nosrati is one of our best.

He has always been decent. ( He was better before, took a step back in UAE). Thats why Branko wanted to bring him over to Zagreb. Thats why Luka handpicked him to his team in Al Nasr.

One of Nosratis problem is that he does not look elegant and seems clumsy.
But still, he is the only defender right now that can combine acceptable speed with acceptable strength ( I like Shakouri and Sheys too)

Rest like Hosseini, Aghili, Ala Nemeh are mostly sluggish.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Nosrati is one of the best defenders we have in Iran. He is very smart, and fast, compared to other defenders we have. he is not as quick and doesn't have good touch on the ball, but hey, this is Iran we are talking about. Complete players are very very rare..

You want proof, well name a central defender who can play LB as well as Nosrati does. (not saying Nosrati is a great LB, but he is adequate)..

Aug 26, 2005
As a CB, he is one of our best if not our best. As LB, he leaves much to be desired. But still a solid defender.