Aaron Ramsey of Arsenal Leg Breaks at Stoke

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Don't think it was intentional, especially since Shawcross left the field in tears after seeing Ramsey's leg..still horrible for a young player like Ramsey.

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
Stoke players play dirty and reckless, was bound to happen...

Sucks for Ramsey... He showed so much talent, this is a big set back, especially if it involves the ankle.
exactly specially that lanky defender i dunno his name hes one of those di**heads think his solid .argghh such horrible news :((((((((

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
They just showed a close up from a different angle and it looked like Ramsey's foot was planted wrong, on his ankle, even before a contact was made.
So how much of the injury was due to the tackle is debatable.

I hope he fully recovers though, he is only 19.

Sep 25, 2005
man football can be such a bitch! I don't think that was intentional but still, players should have a duty of care.

speaking from experience its the studs that make it a nightmare to go for challenge!

I believe if football boot manufacturers made the studs from a softer material, preferably rubber like material you would see less impact and damage from such collisions. I don't think its necessary for stud to be that hard.

I'm telling you most injuries are due to the impact the studs make on the knees/foot, its nasty!