About Jalal Hossaini

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
I think the heartbreaking loss to KSA didn't leave time to comment on what a disastert this guy has been for TM in recent games. If you noticed that 9 out of 10 saudi chances that they had were direct results of his blunders and mistakes in positioning. The guy maybe physically strong but very slow and not very smart. I don't know why any coach would think he is suitbale for TM. He seems like a nice guy, but we need a defender for TM not a friend you hang out with!

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
our both central sucks , time to find 2 other alternative ..
as some said , daei some how fixed left side iusse , but Kaebi+ 2 central need to be replace ..

Feb 11, 2009
probably the only decent defender we have
our goals actually were mistake of kaebi and ashjari
and aghili was no where in most of the game

i am surprised to see u think that way

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005

&

On a side note, Rezaei is getting better and better in Persepolis.
And getting closer and closer to the the 100% Rezaei.
Spot on, I think Rahman deserve another chance...He was amazing and very Solid on PP last ACL's match...we need his exprience and leadership on our defence...and we are sooo Weak on air...

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
I think the heartbreaking loss to KSA didn't leave time to comment on what a disastert this guy has been for TM in recent games. If you noticed that 9 out of 10 saudi chances that they had were direct results of his blunders and mistakes in positioning. The guy maybe physically strong but very slow and not very smart. I don't know why any coach would think he is suitbale for TM. He seems like a nice guy, but we need a defender for TM not a friend you hang out with!
you r right ... but that's the best we got...unless Rahman Rezaie prove himself ....

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Spot on , the guy is too slow ,not too smart and too stiff .

However I saw Aghili did well against Saudi , I was a fan Rahman but have not seen him do too well with Perspolis .

Shakoori and Shays are worth looking into further .

Aug 26, 2005
Sheys, sure. Shakouri, um? He is as slow as Hosseini.

Montazeri and Sheys are probably the most in-form CBs I have seen.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Saeed Agha,

The main problem against saudis was not the defense, it was our midfield! Our midfield was nowhere to be found after Shojaei's goal! Anytime there is no good midfield, the pressure is on defense... everytime Aghili or Hosseini wanted to get rid of the ball or simply pass the ball forward, they had to throw deep passes to our forwards due to the big gap between defense and midfield, it was done so many times that it became annoying and ineffective that the team could not produce anymore, specially after saudis tied... We have had this problem for several games now! It started from UAE game in UAE where our midfield was very sloppy...

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Saeed Agha,

The main problem against saudis was not the defense, it was our midfield! Our midfield was nowhere to be found after Shojaei's goal! Anytime there is no good midfield, the pressure is on defense... everytime Aghili or Hosseini wanted to get rid of the ball or simply pass the ball forward, they had to throw deep passes to our forwards due to the big gap between defense and midfield, it was done so many times that it became annoying and ineffective that the team could not produce anymore, specially after saudis tied... We have had this problem for several games now! It started from UAE game in UAE where our midfield was very sloppy...
Exactly, well said, i have been trying to say this all along...
We need to fix our midfield, first..
Because our midfield simply does not help out in our defense as they should be.

This is where players like Teymorian comes in, and even Ali Karimi who does his fair share of tracking back and snatching balls in midfield..

But, as i said, we need to find ourselves a new defender, and if we cant, a fit and ready Rahman Rezaei is really not a bad option.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Hosseini is a good guy and in Asian Games and also Asian Cup he proved to be one of Iran's better defenders. He has problems with positioning and is not the fastest but he is good in duels.
However, if you put a second defender next to him with the same problems, just even a bit slower, both will be disaster.
Nosrati has to come back. Sheys is Iran's most talented defender but unfortunately, he is an ozghal too.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Aghili is a good guy and in Asian Games and also Asian Cup he proved to be one of Iran's better defenders. He has problems with positioning and is not the fastest but he is good in duels.
However, if you put a second defender next to him with the same problems, just even a bit slower, both will be disaster.
Nosrati has to come back. Sheys is Iran's most talented defender but unfortunately, he is an ozghal too.
ozghal az nazareh akhlaaghi ya az nazareh positioning?

Kaesra

Bench Warmer
May 29, 2006
Holland
The problem with the Central D's has been on for a longer time, the thing is we don't really have Fast central D's. You can have one slow CD but two is too much, I say lets give Nosrati and Sheys a chance, eventough I know nothing of Nosrati's form.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
I said this already in a separate thread, but since we are talking about it, I will say it again. I have said for 3-4 years now that Kaebi is not a defender, yet multiple coaches seem to think he is, and we pay for it time and again. The first KSA goal was due to him being in the wrong position, not to mention that overall he doesn't have the physique and mentality of a defender. We need a solid right back to replace him. He is a good player and we can use him in a more attacking role as the right midfielder.

As for the two central defenders, Westi put it best. We have two solid guys who are strong and good in the air, but they are both slow and speedy forwards can run right through the middle of our defense. I don't know if we have any speedy defenders in the center (Nosrati and Rezaii are both slow too), but maybe Sheys can fill that role along side either Aghili or Hosseni (probably Aghili). I haven't seen Sheys play recently, but the few times I did see him play, he seemed to have decent speed making runs up the field. He is also pretty tough and decent in the air, but I agree he is a little nutty (ozgal) from his off the field antics, but if the coach can control him, he might be a good choice. Aside from that, I don't know if there are some other young players in the IPL that would be good in that role.

Last, I disagree that it was the midfield that was the problem. Nekounam frequently helps back and I saw Khalatbari coming back to defend. I just think our defense needs an overhaul, and that our strongest line is our midfield. Offense needs help too, since we don't really have a clinical finisher, but I think our best chance is with someone like Borhani. Hashemian is just too old and not in form, and Rezaii and khalatbari are more hustle and good at creating chance, not real finishers. Khalili showed some signs of it, but he has been injured and I don't know what form he is in now, so I think Borhani is our best choice right now.

So, all in all, the only change I would make, is to introduce a good right back - maybe Heydari, for what I have heard - replace one of the central defenders with a more speedy one, and introduce Borhani into the attack.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
ozghal az nazareh akhlaaghi ya az nazareh positioning?
akhlaghi..

talentwise, he might be Iran's best defender, but he is an idiot and idiots in defense hardly work.
Otherwise, khorus has said it best. We suffer most from our defense.

I went to a 3rd division Austrian game today and it was fascinating. technically and talentwise the players were inferior, but they played an excellent 4 men defense way high up the field. They had one defender, Ilic, who I would really pick for TM, if he was Iranian. He was kind of fast, had good positioning and overall, he played an excellent modern defender way up the pitch.
But you could really see how they managed to play a decent 4 men defense, despite being a 3rd division team.

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
akhlaghi..

talentwise, he might be Iran's best defender, but he is an idiot and idiots in defense hardly work.
Otherwise, khorus has said it best. We suffer most from our defense.

I went to a 3rd division Austrian game today and it was fascinating. technically and talentwise the players were inferior, but they played an excellent 4 men defense way high up the field. They had one defender, Ilic, who I would really pick for TM, if he was Iranian. He was kind of fast, had good positioning and overall, he played an excellent modern defender way up the pitch.
But you could really see how they managed to play a decent 4 men defense, despite being a 3rd division team.
why would you watch a 3rd division game?