AFC Champions League 2018 [R]

May 12, 2007
I got so pissed off by this fucking sell out ref that I forgot to praise our lads for such a great display of football ,credit goes to our coach and players .

Tiam was great ,so was Hosseini in goal and the rest ,except Hosseini the defender who gave away some silly balls .
Lets face it. Es could not score if Tiam wasn't there. Hosseini is best option for TM. Ghafouri and Nour afkan were sometimes in trouble
with Al Ains technically clever players but were good offensiv. Overall every one has improved. I expect to see that Bolgarian midfielder Booyan to join the team.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Lets face it. Es could not score if Tiam wasn't there. Hosseini is best option for TM. Ghafouri and Nour afkan were sometimes in trouble
with Al Ains technically clever players but were good offensiv. Overall every one has improved. I expect to see that Bolgarian midfielder Booyan to join the team.
Tiam was brilliant, goals he scored, the way he got there and his clinical finish were top draw .
Al ain was also very good, no 74 was a quite a handful and No 10, we did so well and you are right, I can't think of anyone else in our team or any team in IPL that could have scored those goals.
Hosseini was excellent on that penalty save doing the double, definitely in the squad for world cup, but I don't know if he can handle no 1 in the world cup, that has to be assessed in the training camp and friendly games to see if he is good enough to handle the pressure. He need to have a big character to make it work.
Physically and technically he is ready.

Last edited:

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Regarding withdrawing from AFC:

1. Do you mean at club level only or National Team too?
2. Where do we go out of AFC, Africa, Europe, ...?
1. If we withdraw AFC, it will be for both (we cannot do it for one and not the other).
2. We should apply for UEFA (Europe), we are not worse than Kazakhstan if you ask me. Kazakhstan was in AFC about 10 years ago, they applied to join UEFA and they were granted...

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
1. If we withdraw AFC, it will be for both (we cannot do it for one and not the other).
2. We should apply for UEFA (Europe), we are not worse than Kazakhstan if you ask me. Kazakhstan was in AFC about 10 years ago, they applied to join UEFA and they were granted...
Iran can barely manage to keep itself in AFC, let alone joining UEFA! Iran can't even manage to let women into its stadiums. It can barely manage a stupid derby. Its level of domestic infrastructure is so poor that even countries like Cyprus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Malta are considered superior.

Imagine Iran being a part of UEFA and these idiots scoring goals in IPL lifting their shirt which says "یا ثامن الائمه" or "یا اباالفضل". Yeah, that will work very well!

Oct 18, 2010
it sure looks like the ref got free service from a few girls while in abu dhabi.
he should have otherwise he is an idiot.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Iran can barely manage to keep itself in AFC, let alone joining UEFA! Iran can't even manage to let women into its stadiums. It can barely manage a stupid derby. Its level of domestic infrastructure is so poor that even countries like Cyprus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Malta are considered superior.

Imagine Iran being a part of UEFA and these idiots scoring goals in IPL lifting their shirt which says "یا ثامن الائمه" or "یا اباالفضل". Yeah, that will work very well!
That last statement is probably the last thing they would care about otherwise they'd be making fun of half the Brazilians playing in their leagues.

UEFA (along with AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, COMMEBOL) is a garbage organization only concerned about financial health and making sure members get their kickbacks... they're not a human rights organization or a center for the betterment of mankind.
The only thing that would piss them off about Iran is if TV rights were mishandled or sponsors didn't pay up, the rest is just window dressing to them.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
That last statement is probably the last thing they would care about otherwise they'd be making fun of half the Brazilians playing in their leagues.

UEFA (along with AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, COMMEBOL) is a garbage organization only concerned about financial health and making sure members get their kickbacks... they're not a human rights organization or a center for the betterment of mankind.
The only thing that would piss them off about Iran is if TV rights were mishandled or sponsors didn't pay up, the rest is just window dressing to them.
All those places can't hold a candle to IPL in corruption and incompetence.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004

BT,

You are right looking at the current situation, but remember while in transition or once in UEFA, they will have to abide by UEFA's rules and regulations. These will all change once in UEFA (or at least for most part).
The reason we are where we are currently is because of Asia's backwarded mentality, including the ref buying that happens frequently at various Asian level games. I am not saying UEFA is perfect, but comparing to AFC is like sky and earth comparison. Also, if we don't make it to WC, it would still be ok since the level of competition we would get in UEFA level is something else... if we make it from UEFA to WC, it would be great!

May 12, 2007
If Iran joins EU there will be more contacts between Iranians and Europeans which is good. Iranians and Europeans understand each other

May 12, 2007
If Iran gets veto power in UN it will also be grand!
As far as I know Iran vetos any thing Iran want to veto.
But I meant was Iran suffers most from not having contact from western world. The process of changing to normal state will accelerate in case it happens.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
If Iran joins EU there will be more contacts between Iranians and Europeans which is good. Iranians and Europeans understand each other
I am taking by EU, you meant UEFA (not EU)... some have done the same here! I just want to make it clear that EU is very different and Iran can never become part of EU even if it wanted to (even if they were to meet all the standards). FYI. Israel plays in UEFA, but is not part of EU in any shape or form...

Last edited:
May 12, 2007
I am taking by EU, you meantc(not EU)... some have done the same here! I just want to make it clear that EU is very different and Iran can never become part of EU even if it wanted to (even if they were to meet all the standards). FYI. Israel plays in UEFA, but is not part of EU in any shape or form...
Yes That is true. UEFA will accept Iran. It will be more difficult to qualify for world cup but once we qualified we will be less afraid of big teams.

May 12, 2007
تصاوير کتک خوردن داور بازي استقلال و العين
شماره خبر : 144420
اين تصوير مربوط به سال 2015 و ديدار فينال جام حذفي مالزي مي باشد که با قضاوت ضعيف Mohd Amirul Izwan Yaacob داور ديشب استقلال و العين به آشوب کشيده شده . تماشاگران حتي آمبولانس ورزشگاه را هم به آتش کشيدند . به نظر شما داوري که در سطح داخلي آشوب بپا کرده لياقت قضاوت ديدار استقلال و العين را داشت يا مافياي فوتبال آسيا اين مترسک را اجير کرده بود تا 3 امتياز بازي به استقلال نرسد . بعد از سالها قضاوتي از يک داور شاهد بوديم که باعث انزجار بازيکنان رده پايه از فوتبال مي شود .

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Yes That is true. UEFA will accept Iran. It will be more difficult to qualify for world cup but once we qualified we will be less afraid of big teams.
What makes you think UEFA will accept Iran? Based on what? Also Iran (IF joins UEFA) may get Israel NT and clubs and then same soup and same bowl as we have today in our wrestling.

May 12, 2007
What makes you think UEFA will accept Iran? Based on what? Also Iran (IF joins UEFA) may get Israel NT and clubs and then same soup and same bowl as we have today in our wrestling.
That is what I mean when I say it helps Iran to change to a normal state. They will be forced to accept the concept "Sport should be separated from the politics".