AFC Champions League 2018 [R]

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Good exits and interception by Beiranvand, Sly take note! 😍
I tried man. I tried really hard to take notes! but every time I do that, I'm proven right again.

If you receive 3 goals from Al Jazirah, khoda be dade Spain va Portugal berese.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I tried man. I tried really hard to take notes! but every time I do that, I'm proven right again.

If you receive 3 goals from Al Jazirah, khoda be dade Spain va Portugal berese.
First goal he got caught by a good shot which was disappointing as he leaned to his left and the shot fired to his right, I blame him a bit for that but it was a bit of a bad luck too, but the third goal was all his fault for coming out half way and landed in no man's land.
In a way I am glad he gets scored on at this stage and can put it down as experience and the learning process, providing he learns from them.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
You know it is very difficult when the opponent player has the ball and is moving side ways and then fires the shot in the opposite side and many keepers get caught up and fail to readjust if they are following the movement of the opponent and their own position,

I certainly have been scored on like that many times and each time kicked myself for not being smarter than the player who took the shot.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The problem is that he's been having mistakes like that a lot. Frankly I don't see any improvement on his part. Not that the other options are so much better! In fact I think they are all shaky, including Abedzadeh of the Portuguese league.

I just hope and wish our defense is gonna have 3 best games of their lives so they can minimize our goalie weaknesses. Otherwise you can count with recieving 3-4 goals (minimum) against Spain alone.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Defence without Jalal is pure sorakh!!! only good thing is 2 away goals. Hopefully we can beat the shit out of them in Azadi next week.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This shows how important Jalal is in our defense. Have we ever had a defender as vital for the whole defense line as Jalal is for both TM and pespes? That alone points him towards being the best defender we've ever had! or at least after the revolution.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Obviously seyyed Jalal is key but it is also CQ style of play and overall team defence that has helped us not to concede goals. Now we should see with this short time that he has he can bring our vatani players to an acceptable level or not. Ridam be afc for the shit schedule and then our clubs for not releasing at least 2 players to TM camp

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Yes you guys are right , Jalal is very important player and is the backbone of team defence ....

years ago when Rahmati was much younger he was doing the same as Beirnavand is doing today ....making mistakes on exits and letting in soft goals and I kept thinking he is young and will learn from them but unfortunately he didn't (for reasons not known to me) and Beiranvand is in the same position ....

He needs to learn from these and up his mental game and wise up on his decision making ,if he don't he will become another Rahmati and soon enough another goalie will take his spot much sooner than Rahmati losing his spot.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
10 minutes away from first leg between Zob Ahan and Esteghlal

سیدمهدی رحمتی، وریا غفوری، سیدمجید حسینی، پژمان منتظری، آرمین سهرابیان، فرشید باقری، روزبه چشمی، امید ابراهیمی، سرور جپاروف، داریوش شجاعیان و فرشید اسماعیلی.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
0-0 HT. ZA made a sub after 20 minutes and Esteghlal also took Darioush Shojayian out and replaced him with Ghorbani after 40 minutes. Shojayan received a yellow in first half.