AFC Champions League 2018 [R]

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
I was hoping we could meet them in the final but it seems we have to knock them out sooner if they win their quarter final,
and deprive them again to play their first ever Asian cup final.

Never mind loungis, you have waited 50 years.... Wait a bit longer! 😍
Ey jaaan!!!!!

Sarvar vs Kise Semi Final would be interesting!!!! che shavaad…

Feb 4, 2005
Esteghlal this time got the easier team (unlike ZA v. Al Jazira in round of 16). Duhail has not lost a point in 8 games so far and will cause problem for Perspolis. Al Sadd is not that difficult to beat.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Esteghlal this time got the easier team (unlike ZA v. Al Jazira in round of 16). Duhail has not lost a point in 8 games so far and will cause problem for Perspolis. Al Sadd is not that difficult to beat.
That's very true.
However, I would not take Al Saad lightly, but it all depends on how EsEs and PP do during transfer period, seems like PP might still be under the transfer ban for this upcoming window, and EsEs might not be able to keep Thiam and as the case is possibly is for other IPL teams they will struggle to keep some of their stars (transfer abroad) and get new foreign ones due to economical issues (currency devaluation, lack of funds, etc).

But even before that, I wonder if PP and EsEs would even be still qualified to compete at AFC level coming this fall as they have not managed to pay off all of their previous debts and secure AFC's professional license. It is likely that part of FIFA money IFF will receive for WC would go for this matter.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Duhail will most likely win the entire thing. Their team is easily one level above all other teams.
I am not sure about the state of Eastern Asian teams, but I know they have invested a good amount of money to acquire few international stars (granted some aging but still way above Asian level) and coaches, specially the Chinese team. So my guess is they might have a better odd to win it all.

Having said, I think Duhial will win the Western Conference, as Payandeh mentioned they have a very good record, and have won all three Qatari cups.

Oct 1, 2004
The tournament is tailored to East Asian schedules, that is one of the main reasons East Asians do very well in it.