AFC Champions League, Group C (MD6), SEPAHAN vs AL GHARAFA

Feb 7, 2004

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sepahan vs AL Gharafa

Venue: Foolad Shahr Stadium
Kick-Off Time: 20:30 Local Time, 9:00 PST, 12:00 EST

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Sepahan score AGAIN! Ruled offside... It looks like it's going to come down to the 3 points they gave to Gharafa away after going up one goal - special compliments to the IFF and the ref. in that game! :(

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Sepahan played for pride, I think Sepahan could have done better against Al Ahli, I don't think Al Ahli is that much better than Sepahan! Also, Al-Ahli-Al Gharafa played to 2-2 draw last week to eliminate Sepahan... Anyways, what is done is done...
AFC's head is to be chosen soon, there is no candidate from Iran but I hope whoever is chosen will bring the schedule of ACL back to September through May-June versus the current schedule! All the other continents are following UEFA's schedule (Sept.-May)...

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Sepahan played for pride, I think Sepahan could have done better against Al Ahli, I don't think Al Ahli is that much better than Sepahan! Also, Al-Ahli-Al Gharafa played to 2-2 draw last week to eliminate Sepahan... Anyways, what is done is done...
AFC's head is to be chosen soon, there is no candidate from Iran but I hope whoever is chosen will bring the schedule of ACL back to September through May-June versus the current schedule! All the other continents are following UEFA's schedule (Sept.-May)...
This won't happened b/c of the Japan and South Korea. Their leagues usually starts around this time and ends on November. Unless AFC comes up with two cups. Once for East and one for West of Asia. then the winners meet in the final.

Feb 22, 2005
Khak bar sareh IFF and their leaders who appoint them. They are the biggest enemies of Iranian Football and Iranians.

Sepahan score AGAIN! Ruled offside... It looks like it's going to come down to the 3 points they gave to Gharafa away after going up one goal - special compliments to the IFF and the ref. in that game! :(

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
It should have been 7-1. Djalovic missed 2 sitters and Gholami hit the post and Ahmadi's goal was onside. I hope this was djalovic's good bye party.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Why didn't Khalatbari ever go to Europe when he was younger? The guy is phenomenal!

Ps. I have very rarely seen Iranian teams getting scored on by free kicks against Asian teams! What the h*ll was Gordan doing???

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
This won't happened b/c of the Japan and South Korea. Their leagues usually starts around this time and ends on November. Unless AFC comes up with two cups. Once for East and one for West of Asia. then the winners meet in the final.
If you recall, the first edition of ACL started in September (following UEFA's schedule), but then because of SAR (the virus) in east asia caused the delay... from thereon they decided to start the tournament in March, not because of So. Korea or Japan. I don't think it's totally up to So. Korea or Japan, as I said all other continents follow UEFA's schedule. As a good example, CONCACAF has its CL played same time as UEFA CL even though USA has its league (MLS) starting around March, April (Same or close to So. Korea or Japan's leagues) but although USA has its influence in CONCACAF, the schedule hasn't changed. I think other Asian countries (notably western Asians) need to step up and voice this matter with AFC...