Afshin Ghotbi Dedicated Thread!

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Baz in China omad parond lol. As I said, dont make this political discussion. we are talking about his coaching skills.
Vasalam.

Faz

Ball Boy
Oct 17, 2004
This is football. I don't care if Ghotbi likes Ahmadinejad, Mousavi, Madonna, Coke, Pepsi, or whatever. I just want him to coach the team.

The more we act like victims, the weaker we become. Now stop mixing politics with sports.
Says the guy with the "where is my vote" avatar in a sports forum lol

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Like I said in the other thread:

"I think Ghotbi might not be the best coach in the world but for us he is a very good coach and probably our best option right now.

HOWEVER, I dont think the reason many of the members here, and elsewhere, HATE him is not because of his coaching, its because he is a m****f**** piece of sh**** and even if he wins world cup I still will hate this f*** pig no matter what. "

Feb 4, 2005
Houman jAn and other friends please use better language. Don't let your GHALAYAAN EHSAASAAT out!

1. Go TM. Wishing them best.
2. Ghotbi with what he did can win WC with Iran and is still a ...
3. What I liked the most about him (compared to other coaches) is his ability to motivate his team. He did this very well in PP and it seems he's doing a good job with TM. That being said he hasn't broken SHAKH GHOOL yet. We played against three teams which we expected to win and won all 3. Below is Iran's head-to-head stat against theses teams from FIFA's web site. Looking at that shows that Iran didn't do a tremendous job of winning these three games.

(Opponent/W/D/L/GF/GA)

Iraq/12/4/4/28/16
NK/12/4/0/26/7
UAE/10/3/1/20/4

4. Iran has not reached the final for more than 30 years so unless we can make it (AND I HOPE WE DO AND WIN) we shouldn't be jumping up and down claiming big(gest) victory ever.

Nov 24, 2002
wait please

we only failed to qualify for second round only once and it was in 1992 !
we didnt achive anything yet!

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Houman jAn use better language my friend.

3. What I liked the most about him (compared to other coaches) is his ability to motivate his team. He did this very well in PP and it seems he's doing a good job with TM. That being said he hasn't broken SHAKH GHOOL yet. We played against three teams which we expected to win and won all 3. Below is Iran's head-to-head stat against theses teams from FIFA's web site. Looking at that shows that Iran didn't do a tremendous job of winning these three games.

(Opponent/W/D/L/GF/GA)

Iraq/12/4/4/28/16
NK/12/4/0/26/7
UAE/10/3/1/20/4

4. Iran has not reached the final for more than 30 years so unless we can make it (AND I HOPE WE DO AND WIN) we shouldn't be jumping up and down claiming big(gest) victory ever.
Payandeh jan,
I am taking about his coaching skills, this is not a political forum.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
We as Iranians are so emotional ... and irrational ... one act can change our views .... it is amazing how members of this Football forum change side from hour to hour ...

Feb 4, 2005
I was referring to your first post in this thread and then I also changed my post so that hopefully all will control to some extent on what they say.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Azize Dele Baradar China.
I am not a moderator here, They can ban me when ever they like.
I just said yek seri as kon sozi daran miterekand.
hala ham har ghalati dost dari bokon.
:Iran1:

Feb 4, 2005
wait please

we only failed to qualify for second round only once and it was in 1992 !
we didnt achive anything yet!
And here is our record against these three opponents from FIFA (head-to-head):

(Opponent/W/D/L/GF/GA)

Iraq/12/4/4/28/16
NK/12/4/0/26/7
UAE/10/3/1/20/4

It was well expected to beat them and go through. Anyway mashallah TM. Go TM.

May 12, 2007
I will wait to see the result of the game against S.Korea too before i judge
him. Ghalenoei also won his group but lost to S.Korea.
He should stay out of politics if he can.

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Houman jAn and other friends please use better language. Don't let your GHALAYAAN EHSAASAAT out!

(Opponent/W/D/L/GF/GA)

Iraq/12/4/4/28/16
NK/12/4/0/26/7
UAE/10/3/1/20/4

Exactoma! ghorboone adame chiz fahm!:)

Its great that we dominated a group whom we struggled a lot last yr against 2 of them just last year. and defeated defending champions.

But before jumping up and down, lets wait and 30 if we can pass South Korea in Quarter Final(something Ghalenoie screwed up for us in AC2007 even in p.ks!) and then call our current campaign an achievement. ;)

TM's quality of games arent too impressive, still many defensive flaws,but our TM's spirit and resiliency to secure a win in each game has been incredible.

and well it was Ghotbi's fault to get into politics of the game to be used as a tool by IFF so they kick him out whenever they want to.