Afshin Ghotbi Dedicated Thread!

Nov 24, 2002
na valla, i am calm. Hal mikona ina konesho misozeh.
I am just enjoying this good win today. Let see what we can do against S.K.
i am not trying to minimise the win but pressure was in UAE

Iraq scored early so they should hope NK score 2 goals and they win the game , more to second half and end they saw probably no chance to advance ! while we had zero pressure

i loved what i saw from some guys like hadadifar, afshin , rezaei , etc but the real test is to come dude !

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
i am not trying to minimise the win but pressure was in UAE

Iraq scored early so they should hope NK score 2 goals and they win the game , more to second half and end they saw probably no chance to advance ! while we had zero pressure

i loved what i saw from some guys like hadadifar, afshin , rezaei , etc but the real test is to come dude !
Yeah, Arash was great, its just too bad ke can't play against S.K. he is a great sub.

The disgusting islamic regime has managed to drive out Ghotbi. I hope all those haters and compaliners and naggers can see how much of a good job this guy has done. He has worked with the best and knows his stuff and his results prove it. Now after Mr. Ghotbi we will be stock with the likes of Mayeli again. Thank You Afshin for winning 3/3 so far and showing us that our team can play under the right coaches and conditions.
Dear OSTAD POOYA
There are far more serious reasons to want to see the end of IRI than whether or not IRI wants to fire Ghotbi (and btw, as you know, Ghotbi admitted that he voluntarily went and kissed AN's ass).

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Ramin jaan in Iran's politics anything goes. He could of been forced to go see AN. In Iran you are forced to do things of this nature.

All I am saying is that looking at results so far Ghotbi has done a good job with the Iranian team. Sure we can lose to Korea and it will be done. But this team has a fighting spirit, speed, passing, and good cohesion in my opinion. Players trust each other and pass the balls fast. This is not something we have really seen from TM. He also has a modern view of the game and has brought in so many new talents to the team. Credit has to be given when its due and with what he has Ghotbi has done a good job.

Iranians like to complain and are never satisfied but this same Ghotbi almost rescued our sunken ship from Daei's disaster and proved his worth by winning the Iranian league with PP. So looking at results he has done a good job. Many are cussing him for going to AN and everyone knows my stand on the shit islamic regime and all its tools. So if he really did that then Fuck him and I would say it with no regret. But looking at his footballing abilities and what he has done it has been a good job so far.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
No doubt Ghotbi has done a good job with this team, let's not mix politics with sports... Ghotbi overall is a good coach, it seems to me that we iranians in general have low self-esteem, we wait for foreigners to say something before we accept! In this case, we had to wait 'til japanese come and sign Ghotbi away before we find out that he is good...
However, all this being said, overall this 1st place and 9pts mean nothing if we don't win against So. Korea on Saturday... Go TM!

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
His personal life? Political party? lol
We are talking about Iran here, not France or America. That politcal party that he supports (or pretends to support) sticks coke bottles up its citizens asses for protesting peacefully. Chi dari migi to baba?

So, if according to YOU he SUPPORTS that party, why would he come out and say (in his first interview since AN's inauguration) that he had received a call from "daftar-e rahbari" and couldn't say no??

Ever thought about that? Why would he say that? If he is a supporter and he already has the contract and the money, what the fuck would he come out and say something like that?

You don't think it takes guts for someone like the head coach of TM to say something like that, in that freaking hell hole we call Iran?

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Exactoma! ghorboone adame chiz fahm!:)

But before jumping up and down, lets wait and 30 if we can pass South Korea in Quarter Final(something Ghalenoie screwed up for us in AC2007 even in p.ks!) and then call our current campaign an achievement. ;)

and well it was Ghotbi's fault to get into politics of the game to be used as a tool by IFF so they kick him out whenever they want to.

I respectfully disagree..

If you are one of those who hate him for having attended An's inauguration then you shouldn't be waiting for him to beat South Korea or Brazil... you hate him anyways..

If you are one of those who for 2 years has been calling him a No good coach who isn't a coach and he is a computer video game designer and ..etc etc .. then you are having a very BITTER time right now.. (I know you are not one of these guys)..

Losing to South Korea doesn't Make ghotbi a good coach or a bad coach..
A lot of good coaches have lost to south Korea and ironically Mayelee kohan destroyed them...

I have been a supporter of Ghotbi, I think he has been a good coach, both for Perspolis and TM and he has brought something new to the table for ALL Iranian coaches to learn from. But that is simply an opinion on him as a football coach... However, I personally don't blame him for having to attend AN's inauguration because I believed him when he said he was asked in a way that he couldn't say NO... I have lived in Iran long enough to understand how that could be true..

Last edited:

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
wait please

we only failed to qualify for second round only once and it was in 1992 !
we didnt achive anything yet!

that is true.. but If we take the time and look at some threads before the tourny started, it seemed like we had no chance of advancing...

ghotbi "haters" have been saying that all along.. (not implying you were one of them)

as we saw today, ghotbi has two teams ready to play, not one. So his work has been a success no matter what happens against South Korea..

We must also remember that there is no shame in losing to South Korea.. they are a great team and ARE much better than us..

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
you can close the part about iranian football.
i think it is our moral duty to do that.
The only way to do that is for people to stop participating and posting on the sport forum and solely concentrate on the two other forums. It seems like we can't even get that from you to start with.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
i still hate him, beside we still have not done jack. you guys are celebrating as if we have gone to the world cup.

we are expected to move out of the group stage. if that comes as a surprise to some, than i think we are in big trouble

when the points really mattered, case in point, world cup qualification we chocked with this guy!!!

lets wait til semi than talk about this charlatan

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
The only way to do that is for people to stop participating and posting on the sport forum and solely concentrate on the two other forums. It seems like we can't even get that from you to start with.
a boycott of IR sports is not the end of the sports forum.

either way i expressed my opinion and this was by no means an attack on the forum or A PERSON.

it was just my opinion the fact that you are coming to the rescue of whatever you are coming to the rescue shows me that you have a conscience that is a very good thing.

there is international football, there are other sports so there we can concentrate our energies.
as i said that is only my opinion and no one should take that personally.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Victories for Iranian team bring hope and optimism to our country.

Hope and optimism are the antidotes for this virus regime we call IR.

So let's wish Team Melli the best. And inshAllah they will continue success in this tournament.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
silver jaan,
i know you mean well and you have a good heart and you are passionate about your team but the people of that country face issues that go far beyond even a victory in the asian cup.

its too late for that.

but i am glad people like you are still passionate about this.

albate ino behet begam football or ba allah mallah nemishe bord.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
It's funny how some of us are bashing the team like "it was expcted to finish 1st in this group" and some who are saying that the team is nowhere close to So. Korea or Japan... Why can't we just be rather logical than rational?!
I don't know if those of you living in US experienced the disconnection from IRIB2 the past 2 games as I did, but I am not sure if it's from Iran or the other broadcasters, I had to watch the game from arab channels (Al Kass and Abu Dhabi). One thing I noticed and it's been a big problem for us is that we get cocky easily by being praised... perhaps arabs have known this weakness in us and they tend to use it a lot against us, they keep praising our team and talk very highly... and I must admit that it has worked well against us specially in the past 30 years... hopefully our team (both coaches and players) has learnt and can deal with this in a professional manner.

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
a boycott of IR sports is not the end of the sports forum.

either way i expressed my opinion and this was by no means an attack on the forum or A PERSON.

it was just my opinion the fact that you are coming to the rescue of whatever you are coming to the rescue shows me that you have a conscience that is a very good thing.

there is international football, there are other sports so there we can concentrate our energies.
as i said that is only my opinion and no one should take that personally.
I didn't take it as a personal attack on the forum or anyone. I just come from the side that thinks it's healthy to have a dicussion regarding a subject and understand both sides of view. Not everything is in black and white. Ghotbi is simply a dumbass with no political IQ and gets mulipilated by IR easily and does not realize it. Sometimes he has no choice. I think he started realizing that and that's why he's leaving the team although to all of us; he's the best candidate for the head coach based on his football IQ. You can't blame a person for something that he does un-knowingly. I blame it when I'm sure this guy makes his decision knowing and supporting that idea and thought. If he loved AN and IR so much he would of made a healthy living being the coach and coaching in Iran with the likes of MayeliKohan and others. The dumbass that he is was tricked into inviting an event not knowing the political ramifications of it, gets on tv for two seconds looking nervous as hell, and now no matter what he does half the nation hates him and because of that he's leaving.

Your point of view is that who ever remotely agrees to the gray area in the middle is wrong since there's no gray to speak of. Everything is black and white. Your're either with us or against us, just like George Bush said. This mentality would execute all IR supporters and whoever worked with them knowingly or unknowingly when this government is overturn, and with time it will. This same thought is gone take us back to the same cycle that got us in trouble with Shah leaving and IR coming into power. They also saw everything in blakc and white and that whoever worked or supported the Pahlavis were killers.

Bottom line, Ghotbi lived abroad and was raised in North America all his life. He got thrown into a tornado that's Iranian politics and if you don't know the system and didn't grow in the country, you're easily tricked and used. It could happen to anyone of us that have lived abroad majority of our lives. I'm not jumping into the Ghotbi bandwagon yet, I think this is the tournament that can be won easily if we get past Korea. But the notion that I don't support him because he attended AN's ceremony is ridiculous knowing that most of us know where he comes from, grew up, and worked till he got used and how easily that can happen. Our biggest complain should be to the IR that would use this guy like this to benefit them. This zaboonbaste couldn't even speak farsi like most of us when he arrived there.