Agassi, Sampras Clash At Charity Event

Zaagros

Bench Warmer
Nov 14, 2002
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QSK9t6OrgU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Things Get Ugly Between Two Legends At Charity Event "Agassi/Samprass"[/nomedia]

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
^ i know

get a sense of humour ppl.. i was laughing so hard at the rivalry.. the fact that Samp had to hit Agassi with the ball meant he ran out of stuff to say :D

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
can I ask you why you hate Agassi so much? What has he done to you. Baba dont be a hater.
i saw him when he came to Dubai about 12 years ago, i went to get his sig. and asked him is it true YOUR FATHER is Iranian? he said "NO, I am American" i mean its a fact that his dad was Iranian, why he hide it? i dont know... anyway.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
i saw him when he came to Dubai about 12 years ago, i went to get his sig. and asked him is it true YOUR FATHER is Iranian? he said "NO, I am American" i mean its a fact that his dad was Iranian, why he hide it? i dont know... anyway.
You know Pooya jan, the good thing about tennis is that you could dig up any record for any player for about the past 40 years or so. It's very easy to do. Agassi NEVER played in Dubai until 2005. That brings the likelihood of your story being true to about hmmm, say about 5%. And I kind of know from following Agassi's career closely that the guy did not get into the whole Dubai thing until the mid 00s. Shopping and training in Dubai thing only became hip in the tennis circuit after Federer started training there in the off season. But I still give you the benefit of the doubt cuz I think you're cool and stuff and I don't like to call people out on a lie. So if you can produce that autograph I will believe your story.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Ag/A/Andre-Agassi.aspx?t=pa&y=0&m=s&e=495#

Nov 29, 2002
You know Pooya jan, the good thing about tennis is that you could dig up any record for any player for about the past 40 years or so. It's very easy to do. Agassi NEVER played in Dubai until 2005. That brings the likelihood of your story being true to about hmmm, say about 5%. And I kind of know from following Agassi's career closely that the guy did not get into the whole Dubai thing until the mid 00s. Shopping and training in Dubai thing only became hip in the tennis circuit after Federer started training there in the off season. But I still give you the benefit of the doubt cuz I think you're cool and stuff and I don't like to call people out on a lie. So if you can produce that autograph I will believe your story.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Ag/A/Andre-Agassi.aspx?t=pa&y=0&m=s&e=495#
Not wanting to butt in Shahin jan but perhaps he was there for another social/business reason? Dubai was just starting to become what it is today at that point and maybe he wanted to see what was going on

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
Not wanting to butt in Shahin jan but perhaps he was there for another social/business reason? Dubai was just starting to become what it is today at that point and maybe he wanted to see what was going on
Nima jaan, I remember reading his interviews from 2005. It seemed like he hadn't done a lot of exploring in Dubai. Again, I'm not saying Pooya is lying but chances of running into Agassi, who may only come to Dubai at most once year at the mall of something, aren't very good. 12 years ago Agassi was at his peak. He had just one the US open for the 2nd time and he was regularly in the semis of masters. He completed the career slam by winning the French the next year. At that time, he was training like a maniac in Vegas. Tennis players are traveling all the time and their vacation time is actually the time they spend at home.

Sep 25, 2005
I've been trying to tell people this.

The guy doesn't care about his Iranian heritage, nor does he want to have anything to do with it.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Pooya baz khali basti? Chand bar behet goftam naband?

Aslan be to che babash Irani bood? Khob bood ke bood. Did he lie when he said "I'm American"?

What do you think he is? Iranian or American? LOL!

Agassi is a class act and so is Sampras. Two legends that I personally like a lot.