Ahmadinejad visits Persepolis and the Tomp of Cyrus

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
:D

He was the most incapable president of IR and messed Iran and it's economy for at least a good decade. But if he was to become a president by any means, I wished he was the president during Trump's reign! We'd have a good show to follow for 4-8 years! :)

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^Well you bring up a valid point Sly jan. AN was the most incompetent and incapable IR President BUT that would have been one hell of a show. You see people like Trump and Ahmadnejad have one thing in common, they are megalomaniac(noun or adj) a person afflicted with megalomania. Meglomania: 1. A psycho pathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.

How to use the word in a sentence correctly Donald Trump and Ahmadnejad are megalomaniacs.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Why are people surprised that Ahmadi shows superficial interest in Koroush, Dariush, Sasanian.

This is politics with fusion of Emam Hossein and Koroush that new IR generation is trying to push.

one khamenie is gone to counter saudi and other regional foes. they will push nationalism in some aspects and Shia religion in other aspects.

It is actually brilliant politicking.

Nov 29, 2002
He is a pretend "nationalist"/"populist" like Trump, and still has a lot of popularity amongst much of the population outside Tehran. You'd be surprised how much he is still popular in Esfehan.

Don't be surprised if he gets back in power. But it won't be fun or funny.

The pseudo-nationalists Trump, Dr AN, Bibi, Le Pen and Putin will see the world fall to ashes.

Prepare yourself psychologically, our best days as a human race are now well behind us.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
He is a pretend "nationalist"/"populist" like Trump, and still has a lot of popularity amongst much of the population outside Tehran. You'd be surprised how much he is still popular in Esfehan.

Don't be surprised if he gets back in power. But it won't be fun or funny.

The pseudo-nationalists Trump, Dr AN, Bibi, Le Pen and Putin will see the world fall to ashes.

Prepare yourself psychologically, our best days as a human race are now well behind us.
Nobody gives two shits about him in Esfahan.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
you can actually look at Interior ministry numbers on last few elections. Rouhani only got 51% in Esfahan Province which is only .5% higher than the rest of the country.

Nov 29, 2002
Nobody gives two shits about him in Esfahan.
Based on my experience, I disagree with you. I found him to be really popular in Esfehan, even amongst people who don't like IR and akhoonds. They always see him as a non-corruptible "protest vote", similar to Trump, against the IR.

Of course, experiences can differ and you probably go to Esfehan more than me (i only go every 2-3 years these days)

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Most people hate both groups but they hate AN more.
politics is rarely about who you like; it is mostly about who you dislike. people all over the world often go out to vote against a guy they are scared of.
just look at the recent u.s election, 2004 election, 2000 election. prime examples.

my experience in Esfahan has been that the working class (cab drivers and such) are quite attracted to Ahmadinejad like Figures. because they are the only ones that talk about yaraneh actively.

perhaps your family lives on the river bank where folks are quite well off :)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
politics is rarely about who you like; it is mostly about who you dislike. people all over the world often go out to vote against a guy they are scared of.
just look at the recent u.s election, 2004 election, 2000 election. prime examples.

my experience in Esfahan has been that the working class (cab drivers and such) are quite attracted to Ahmadinejad like Figures. because they are the only ones that talk about yaraneh actively.

No, I have the same experience as Zobahan too!

From what I've seen most people of Esfahan despise Ahmadinejad! If you go to villages outside the city you'll see even there, many people hate his guts.

He had a speech in Esfahan during the last few months of his presidency and nobody was there to listen to him. You could see 20 people or something....

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005

Where my family lives is irrelevant. It is where I hang out when I am there. Unlike most people instead of going to Mehmoonis I explore and spend time all over the place and talk to many people. People even blame AN for the river drying up. They say he told the people in the head water to pump the water to the mountains for farming and that is why the river drys up before getting to Isfahan.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
They definitely blame him for Zayandehrood! No questions! But I'd heard them say he diverted the water to Yazd before it reached Esfahan!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
do you blame him for the killings and torturing of the students during the green demonstrations ?

I mean the students they shot from the rooftops and beat to death on the streets of tehran, shiraz and tabriz.
Don't you blame him for that?

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
i thought in a conversation the routine, normal, correct, what you want to call it way is to reply to a question with an answer unless if you don't know then you reply with an i don't know.

to reply to a question with a question, it kind of makes the conversation take a course that usually ends up in a non productive way.

however, let me tell you that i blame people who practice islam in IR for everything. people like Khomeini, Rajavi, Sanjaabi, Foroohar, rafsanjaani, kianoori, rajaayee, beheshti, and more recently, khamenei, khatami, PMM (president mahmood e mashang), akbar koose are there to get 'KHAR SAVAARI' from olaaghs.

i blame those who are the olaaghs.

do i blame AN for killing those students and imprisonment and torture. yes and i think he deserves to be put on trial and if convicted, be imprisoned for life. I also blame the people who stood by and allowed these criminal acts to go on.
the people are and will be (now that the whitehouse is ruled by an idiot of the same caliber of akhounds) paying for their crimes.

however, AN is yet to answer for what he has done to IR (occupied iran) and it's former citizens.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
i thought in a conversation the routine, normal, correct, what you want to call it way is to reply to a question with an answer unless if you don't know then you reply with an i don't know.

to reply to a question with a question, it kind of makes the conversation take a course that usually ends up in a non productive way.

however, let me tell you that i blame people who practice islam in IR for everything. people like Khomeini, Rajavi, Sanjaabi, Foroohar, rafsanjaani, kianoori, rajaayee, beheshti, and more recently, khamenei, khatami, PMM (president mahmood e mashang), akbar koose are there to get 'KHAR SAVAARI' from olaaghs.

i blame those who are the olaaghs.

do i blame AN for killing those students and imprisonment and torture. yes and i think he deserves to be put on trial and if convicted, be imprisoned for life. I also blame the people who stood by and allowed these criminal acts to go on.
the people are and will be (now that the whitehouse is ruled by an idiot of the same caliber of akhounds) paying for their crimes.

however, AN is yet to answer for what he has done to IR (occupied iran) and it's former citizens.
I answered your question with a question because I did not know what you really expected anyone to say here. Did you expect anybody to say no, we don't blame him for torturing and killing the students? I thought you were gonna say something different yourself.

As for blaming the people, I disagree with you. People were there in the streets, getting killed and tortured for all the injustice that you just mentioned. Who were the ones who stood by? You and I who were sitting in our comfortable homes in Europe/Canada, watching the people getting killed have little right to judge those people who were actually in the streets, fighting!