Airbus to deliver 114 planes after sanctions are lifted

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Interesting...for some people in this thread, its clearly more important that the american Boeing earns a few milliards of their own rather than the needs and problems of Iran and Iran Air. Its like hey, if Iran is about to get milked, why shouldnt our american Boeing have a share? Its really sad to see people with dubious loyalties and preferences roam on an iranian site and gang up true iranians.

Regarding the issue, well Iran Air needs new planes. However in this deal, once again milliards of iranian peoples money will be redirected on privat bank accounts of agha zadeh haa, many people will take bribes to favor Airbus vs. Boeing and vice versa....business as usual. Iranians have given up tracking those huge losses of financial resources or stopping the bleeding. They steal and people dont care. Every single of those Airbuses or Boeings will cost iranian people 1000 times of its actual cost but we dong care :)
Those dodgy dealing happen anyway. If they don't buy planes they buy something else that diverts money for agha zaadeh ha. We already know this.

But at the very least let's our people feel some safety when they fly.

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Those dodgy dealing happen anyway. If they don't buy planes they buy something else that diverts money for agha zaadeh ha. We already know this.

But at the very least let's our people feel some safety when they fly.
I agree with that safety part but not with the first part of your post. Those dodgy dealings do not happen everywhere, they do happen in countries like Iran and only because it also happens in Pakistan, it doesnt mean we have to accept it. I for my one, wont fly with IranAir anyway, not even with these new planes because i know where that money will go to. However for those iranians who have to take national flies within Iran, i absolutely support the idea to completely change the fleet. Those people dont have any other choice than to make use of IranAir and they do deserve better than 45 years old Tupolevs.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
I agree with that safety part but not with the first part of your post. Those dodgy dealings do not happen everywhere, they do happen in countries like Iran and only because it also happens in Pakistan, it doesnt mean we have to accept it. I for my one, wont fly with IranAir anyway, not even with these new planes because i know where that money will go to. However for those iranians who have to take national flies within Iran, i absolutely support the idea to completely change the fleet. Those people dont have any other choice than to make use of IranAir and they do deserve better than 45 years old Tupolevs.
You misunderstood. I never said they happen everywhere. I said they happen anyway. and I meant in Iran. The regime's dogs have been milking the business deals mafia style for years now.
In fact during the sanctions some of these parasites made millions from ghachagh.

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
You are right, my bad. However its still hard to swallow. To know they will steal milliards of dollars in process and to not be able to do anything against it. The only thing i can do is to be true to my own standards and principals and not fly IranAir when i have other options.

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Interesting...for some people in this thread, its clearly more important that the american Boeing earns a few milliards of their own rather than the needs and problems of Iran and Iran Air. Its like hey, if Iran is about to get milked, why shouldnt our american Boeing have a share? Its really sad to see people with dubious loyalties and preferences roam on an iranian site and gang up true iranians.

Regarding the issue, well Iran Air needs new planes. However in this deal, once again milliards of iranian peoples money will be redirected on privat bank accounts of agha zadeh haa, many people will take bribes to favor Airbus vs. Boeing and vice versa....business as usual. Iranians have given up tracking those huge losses of financial resources or stopping the bleeding. They steal and people dont care. Every single of those Airbuses or Boeings will cost iranian people 1000 times of its actual cost but we dong care :)
What exactly do you propose we should do? I live in the States. If I want to travel to Iran in the next few years and have the option of travelling with Iran Air or Turkish, which airline should I choose?

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Its your decision not mine pal. My experience with iranians tells me they are no people of principals so most of them would keep insulting the regime and still fly with IranAir although we all know where that money is gonna go to :)

If you dont mind the system, take the IranAir, it will probably be cheaper and its gonna be a direct flight i guess. I for my one will keep flying foreign airlines although its a little more expensive and indirect too. I have taken Turkish, Air France and Lufthansa for the flight to Tehran and never had a problem with neither of them.

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Its your decision not mine pal. My experience with iranians tells me they are no people of principals so most of them would keep insulting the regime and still fly with IranAir although we all know where that money is gonna go to :)

If you dont mind the system, take the IranAir, it will probably be cheaper and its gonna be a direct flight i guess. I for my one will keep flying foreign airlines although its a little more expensive and indirect too. I have taken Turkish, Air France and Lufthansa for the flight to Tehran and never had a problem with neither of them.
I have taken Iran Air in the past and have traveled with Turkish as well. I have heard of number complaints from Iranian passengers taking turkish airlines anywhere from losing their luggage, items being stolen from their bags... You are probably right, being Iran Air an airline run by the gov't... you are after all putting money in their pocket if you fly with them. However, flying with other airlines does not guarantee honesty either... Airlines, perhaps with the exception of Iran Air other few, are corporation seeking profit. They will do whatever possible to maximize their profit. Therefore, honesty is out the window. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is not much of a difference by putting money in the private organizations' pockets or Iran Air.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
I fly Turkish to Iran. Twice they have damaged my suitcase beyond repair. Complaints have met with excuses.
I have no idea what the baggage handlers do to cause so much damage.

Anyway, I still prefer Turkish to IranAir. At least when you ask for a glass of water they give it to you! And they don'tr serve you dinner with resentment.

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Most of my Turkish flights went smoothly, i only had once case as they couldnt find one piece of my luggage so i went to their office at the airport and had to fill out a formular and application but fortunately they brought that baggage to my house 2 days later. Otherwise, i actually enjoy flying turkish, i understand the crew, they are friendly their fleet is a young fleet, last time i flew a brand new airbus and their landings are smoother than Lufthansa with all their so called greatness. Air France has been absolutely ok too. To me Lufthansas service can not keep up with their excellent reputation. I have never been impressed and the food on turkish is way better too.

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
They will do whatever possible to maximize their profit. Therefore, honesty is out the window. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is not much of a difference by putting money in the private organizations' pockets or Iran Air.
Well from the Iranian perspective there is a huge difference here. Those other non iranian airlines are not involved in milking iranian people. I have no problem with them trying to make profit. After all there is no point flying people all around the world for free and without making profit but their profit doesnt go into iranian regimes pockets.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I have taken Iran Air in the past and have traveled with Turkish as well. I have heard of number complaints from Iranian passengers taking turkish airlines anywhere from losing their luggage, items being stolen from their bags... You are probably right, being Iran Air an airline run by the gov't... you are after all putting money in their pocket if you fly with them. However, flying with other airlines does not guarantee honesty either... Airlines, perhaps with the exception of Iran Air other few, are corporation seeking profit. They will do whatever possible to maximize their profit. Therefore, honesty is out the window. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is not much of a difference by putting money in the private organizations' pockets or Iran Air.
Iran air has not made any profits in years ,so whatever money you spend on tickets with them helps them lose less money , it is the government bail out that has kept it it going without going bankrupt .

Maintaining and keeping 30 plus years old planes in the air cost a lot of money ,also not having enough planes to fly ,apart from that they have the technical and tactical know how and expertise ,once they get their new planes they will start getting their well deserved old place back among top airlines .

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
once they get their new planes they will start getting their well deserved old place back among top airlines .
and I think that's what they plan too! It shows not only from the number of the planes they've ordered, but also from the types.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Why Boeing Kept Its Iran Dealings Under the Radar?

As the world cashes in on an open Iran, the U.S. risks being late to the game.

"American trade with Iran is known to attract seething headlines in both countries. A simple form on McDonald’s website about franchise opportunities in Iran last year prompted warnings of an impending cultural invasion of the country in the Iranian right-wing media. Similarly, US companies risk the wrath of special interest groups devoted to inflicting reputational damage because of trade with Iran. Halliburton and Hewlett-Packard are prominent examples of companies that have been attacked in the American media for previous legal business relations with Iran."

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Thank God, Boeing is there to start a negotiation, at least to conduct a conversation.
I mean I rather see boeing flying there instead if Airbus all the way.

Boeing Co. has opened talks to sell airliners to Iran in what would be one of the highest-profile deals between a U.S. company and Tehran since the West lifted nuclear sanctions on the country in January.

Boeing was granted a license by the U.S. in February to discuss the needs of Iran’s airlines. Neither Boeing nor Iran would identify what specific airplane models are under discussion, though an Iranian official said the country was eager to buy 737 single-aisle jets from the Chicago-based plane maker, as well as 777 long-range planes.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Iran and its airlines nearing tentative deal to buy 100 Boeing planes

Good news indeed and I hope it works, but this is kind of biased and speculative news, hard to oversee the fact imo, good news of course but Boeing may need to run the sale through an overseas subsidiary and use a currency other than $US in order to avoid running afoul of US laws.

And of course have in mind that american lawmakers have warned Boeing not to do business there as the Iran deal remains a hot topic in the ongoing presidential election.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^From the above article I still haven't gotten why exactly they would be in doubt?!
because A380 is hardly the right choice for big airlines. let alone iran a country that has basically zero airports designed for a super jumbo.

Oct 18, 2010
iran is going with mrj(mitsubishi regional jet) for it's domestic routes.
they are in talks at the air show over in london as of this week where
they had the test flight and demo of the new jet.it's a 70 seat jet.